• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Official "2018 boats are coming" thread!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm getting mixed info on when dealers will start to accept deposit and when the 2018's will arrive. Anyone have info on this ? Does it make a difference e on where the dealer is located? I'm looking at the sx195, in AZ, can't find a 2017 anywhere close
The new line always comes out in August.
What model are you interested in?

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm getting mixed info on when dealers will start to accept deposit and when the 2018's will arrive. Anyone have info on this ? Does it make a difference e on where the dealer is located? I'm looking at the sx195, in AZ, can't find a 2017 anywhere close
Just an FYI.. my local dealer let me put a deposit mid July last year for first 2017 AR195... picked it up first week of sept... Yamaha reveal was around mid or end of August...

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not Yamaha..... But I believe Scarab is coming out with a 25' center console. Obviously with twins.

Jayg2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are looking to get theYamaha SX 195, nobody has a 2017 in stock near us in Lake Havasu AZ. The local yamaha dealer is saying models out by end of August but boats won't be available until November, that seems like a long time from estimated release date of August 28th to November. I read threads of some getting boats by September 10th last year

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My guess is no major changes to the lineup this year. The 24' and 21' just got new hulls and the 192 was updated to the 195 with the larger engine. I wouldn't be surprised if the 190/195 hull was updated for the 2019 model year. I bet all we will see are minor changes like the usual color and graphics changes.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a buddy that is hoping for a 21 foot center!
I can't find the thread or post but a little while back someone posted pics of what looked like a 21' FSH sitting on the water at the factory. It was covered up but it was definitely larger than the 19' FSH.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jet-r-done

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually if you look closely in the second picture, it has an outboard motor hidden under the sunning bench platform thingy in the back. Never seen an outboard mounted quite like that, but it's in there. Some of the older Japan only models had twin outboards that were mounted in the hull with covers so you couldn't tell they were outboards.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Actually if you look closely in the second picture, it has an outboard motor hidden under the sunning bench platform thingy in the back. Never seen an outboard mounted quite like that, but it's in there. Some of the older Japan only models had twin outboards that were mounted in the hull with covers so you couldn't tell they were outboards.
Good catch! You are right. It's a pretty slick boat. I wonder why they wouldn't offer it in the US.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good catch! You are right. It's a pretty slick boat. I wonder why they wouldn't offer it in the US.
The US market is flooded with boats in that size range. I think it would be hard to compete especially with the shipping cost.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is this boards obsession with Yamaha making a cabin cruiser jet boat? It's always in the wish list threads. If cabin cruisers are something you can afford and that interest you, there are already tons of offerings from you to choose from. What would it being a jetboat bring to the table?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is this boards obsession with Yamaha making a cabin cruiser jet boat? It's always in the wish list threads. If cabin cruisers are something you can afford and that interest you, there are already tons of offerings from you to choose from. What would it being a jetboat bring to the table?
We like yamaha.... !!!! No other reason is required or expected!

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here are my reasons:

No props - for safety and water sports use
Smaller and lighter engines so potentially more cabin/deck space and 'trailerability'
Quick hole shot and time to plane
Single manufacturer to deal with warranty issues - in addition to a good warranty period
Twin engines for redundancy and maneuverability
Plus all of the other benefits that come inherently with the engines (low maintenance, easy winterization, etc.)

I'm sure there are other reasons I can think of, but those are the ones that come to the top of mind.

Edit: I will add that I think the overseas Yamaha cabin cruisers are fugly and would not sell well in the North American market. They look dated and not on par with recent advances in hull designs and applications.

Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here are my reasons:

No props - for safety and water sports use
Smaller and lighter engines so potentially more cabin/deck space and 'trailerability'
Quick hole shot and time to plane
Single manufacturer to deal with warranty issues - in addition to a good warranty period
Twin engines for redundancy and maneuverability
Plus all of the other benefits that come inherently with the engines (low maintenance, easy winterization, etc.)

I'm sure there are other reasons I can think of, but those are the ones that come to the top of mind.
U were a lot more detailed than me!! Lol

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like cuddy cabins for the weekender possibilities and the occasional offshore trip. I would want a taller freeboard of course and it would likely require twin SVHO's to handle the increased weight. Would need a larger fuel carrying capacity as well. I like the idea of a Yamaha because of ease of maintenance and reliability.

I just wished the 2018's all had Connext as an OPTION and not standard for most of the lineup. I'm just not a fan of its gremlins and like the simplicity of gauges and switches instead. I can go to any local store to replace a bad rocker switch but you can't do that with Connext. It could help cut costs and make models more accessible by creating build options.

Last edited: