• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Perfect Pass Thread

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Call the guys at PP. They will give you the best answer and help you out. Some great guys there.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I plan on calling in the a.m. as they are closed at 4pm EST. Just figured I'd put it to the forum in the meantime. I have a feeing this will not work for my application without significant rigging based on the pics I am seeing v.s. what's in front of me.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

thcobb1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got PP installed this weekend on a 2012 AR212 and I have a few questions.

1. In the 2012 where did everyone end up getting power from? I tried the yellow on the ignition and lost the no wake on that engine. I was hopeful.

2. When you start out is it expected for the engine to rev all the way and then back down slowly? If so, how does everyone manage this when surfing? Just limit the throttle or just ride the lighting for 30 sec or so. Works great once it settles in. Is there an adjustment I need to make?

djsquid

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@thcobb1
1. The power lead from the master control module is purple for a reason. Connect it to the purple lead from the tachometer that is easiest to get to.

2. Each towing start is a little different depending on the weight of the load and the type of ski, board, surf, or tube. I just make a steady but appropriate throttle-up to an RPM about 500-1000 RPMs above where I expect it will settle at anyway and let it take over from there. If your tow load is so heavy that you have to mash it to WOT to get them up then just back off the throttle some as they come up out of the water just like you normally would to about the same 500-1000 above. If the PP needs you to give it more throttle it will tell you on the screen. You will get the hang of it quickly then you will love it.