• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Perfect Pass Thread

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like you have the throttle plate adjusted backwards. The position needs to be fully back. When the servo does its auto adjust thing it will tighten and then kind of slip

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So it basically needs to hit its metal stop when it auto tightens? And I should then set the cables so that is set to idle rpm?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It needs to always be at the metal stop.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yes, I made the same mistake when I installed mine. I even argued a little bit with @jcyamaharider about how it is suppose to work, he was right. The throttle plate needs to be in it's furthest position towards the front of the boat, then make sure the potentiometer is at idle.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Huh totally seems backwards.... But alright, adjustments made. Thanks for the help!!! Now to get it on the water for the first time this year!

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yea, it does seem backwards but it's correct. Think of how perfect pass works, you throttle up beyond the speed perfect pass is set to and it takes over when that speed is reached. The first thing it does is throttle back to slow you down to your setting. To do that the servos release some cable and the springs on the potentiometer cause the throttle to decrease. Now the PP throttle plate is somewhere in the middle of its range and the servos can pull some cable back in to throttle up when needed.

wakerider212x

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm having a bit of a problem. I installed perfect pass on my 212x and everything went smoothly. I got power from the previous speedometer wire using the yellow and black wires. I tested it for power and it shows power. But when i power on the boat the other two gauges light up and work but my perfect pass doesn't. What could be the problem?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm having a bit of a problem. I installed perfect pass on my 212x and everything went smoothly. I got power from the previous speedometer wire using the yellow and black wires. I tested it for power and it shows power. But when i power on the boat the other two gauges light up and work but my perfect pass doesn't. What could be the problem?

You need to make sure you are getting 12v at that wire. I suspect you are not.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

wakerider212x

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So I read that if i install it to the ignition wire then the no wake mode won't work. What should I connect to? Or should I just forget about no wake mode and go with the ignition?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@sstegh found a good wire. Hopefully he will chim in here in a few

leatherneck33

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That caused me some issues as well yesterday. You have to adjust the cables until there is some slack with the perfect pass in the position after it does its calibration. Mine would not start until I was able to get the throttles in the idle position. Good luck!

wakerider212x

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does the boat have to be started for it to work? Or just turn key for electronics to light up ?

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So I read that if i install it to the ignition wire then the no wake mode won't work. What should I connect to? Or should I just forget about no wake mode and go with the ignition?
I was worried about the same thing. I ended up using a wire at the ignition and no wake mode works fine. The insert in the PP instructions warn about that for 2012 models, I assumed that meant 2012 and above but you know what you get for assumimg... I found a wire coming out of the port ignition switch (before the wiring harness) that is 12 volts and turns off with the key. Pain in the ass to get to. I don't remember the color, sorry, but there are only 4 wires off the back of the ignition to test I think.

wakerider212x

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok, here is where i have it now
I'm guessing this isn't enough power?

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Do you have a multimeter to test the voltage? I tested the voltage of my spedometer wires, tested at 7 volts. You need 12 volts for PP.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@wakerider212x where are you located, update your profile with your location, maybe there is a member close by with it already installed that could help you out in person,

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was worried about the same thing. I ended up using a wire at the ignition and no wake mode works fine. The insert in the PP instructions warn about that for 2012 models, I assumed that meant 2012 and above but you know what you get for assumimg... I found a wire coming out of the port ignition switch (before the wiring harness) that is 12 volts and turns off with the key. Pain in the ass to get to. I don't remember the color, sorry, but there are only 4 wires off the back of the ignition to test I think.
X2