• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I will be honest, I have no idea what the "stay" does? It has no effect in the short term since the mandate is not scheduled to go into effect until January 4th. I would expect there to be multiple court rulings by then.

Jim
It’s important Because the ever changing willy nilly mandates causes an inordinate amount of work for private companies trying to comply.
Why spend three months putting in processes and documenting for a mandate that may not happen?

the sooner we have clarity the better.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Her behavior is unstable and unhinged. We should talk more about this kind of issue the MSM and govt has caused to its citizens. Perhaps she wouldn’t be in this state of mind had she not turned on the news and been feed a bunch of BS. Listen to her. Nothing she says is “about the science”. She is literally field from emotion alone and zero facts. That is the core issue I think with a lot of this pandemic. If MSM and govt treated people with respect and honesty instead of virtue signaling then she might not be mentally unstable.

Hopefully she will wise up amd at least do some research about what she injected into her body because she seems to think her vaccine is protecting others yet somehow leaves her vulnerable to the air around her. She can get COVID just as someone who is unvaccinated can. She can also spread it despite being vaccinated. She said she got vaccinated to protect her kids. She is so misinformed and likely because she watches MSM or gets her facts from message boards and FB.
Lots of good insight on how and why people are acting like her if you do a google search for “mass formation COVID”

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It’s important Because the ever changing willy nilly mandates causes an inordinate amount of work for private companies trying to comply.
Why spend three months putting in processes and documenting for a mandate that may not happen?

the sooner we have clarity the better.
But does the stay have any effect on the implementation date, if the states lose their case(s)? And since we are already in November, and there is 60 days to Jan 4th, my guess is that many larger firms will develop plans anyway (even if they don't execute them) until there are some court rulings.

I wonder what the effect is on those business that may want to mandate vaccination in those same state with anti-mandate orders?

I agree that the sooner things are settled, one way or the other, the better for businesses and employees.

Jim

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@the MfM, this kind of crap adds nothing to our discussion. Getting tired of hearing (or reading) that folks with a different opinion are mentally disturbed or just plain stupid. If you want to have a discussion, why not put your thoughts into words and let's have a meaningful discussion.

Jim

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Meaningful discussion? Yea right! Not with this bunch lol. You go against the grain of a certain opinion or group-think mentality and you’re automatically ostracized as a conspiracy theorist or anti-whatever. It’s always black or white with no gray in the middle with some people.

There is a real psychological effect this whole pandemic has caused on people. It doesn’t matter what “side of the fence” you’re on. You can see how the behavior of people has gone to the extremes with many. So yes, people that can’t logically breakdown and understand things from a multitude of aspects tend to react the only way they know how and that’s emotionally more than anything. They become increasingly unable to cope with reality and are instead victims of mental abuse from govt officials, media, peers, family, you name it. This plays a massive toll on peoples behavior as time goes on and the abuse continues. Some of these people develop into bullies, pushing their beliefs onto people, sometimes physically. This whole pandemic has been grossly mismanaged, twisted, politicized, made to pit people against each other and so on. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what to tell you. This has devolved into power and control IMO but you’re welcome to believe as you wish.

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are certain you cannot provide arguments to persuade others, then what's the point of attempting to engage? Based on your recent posts you have openly confessed to have no interest in persuading others or attempting to understand their point of view. These are REQUIRED to engage in meaningful discussion. Otherwise what's the point? Your last post could EASILY be read as referring to your own attitude to the topic... here are your words, see if they might apply to how someone else might perceive you, based on how you are presenting.

---
...become increasingly unable to cope with reality and are instead victims of mental abuse from [other fanatics] , you name it. This plays a massive toll on peoples behavior as time goes on and the abuse continues. Some of these people develop into bullies, pushing their beliefs onto people, sometimes physically. This whole pandemic has been grossly mismanaged, twisted, politicized, made to pit people against each other and so on. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what to tell you.
---

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you are certain you cannot provide arguments to persuade others, then what's the point of attempting to engage? Based on your recent posts you have openly confessed to have no interest in persuading others or attempting to understand their point of view. These are REQUIRED to engage in meaningful discussion. Otherwise what's the point? Your last post could EASILY be read as referring to your own attitude to the topic... here are your words, see if they might apply to how someone else might perceive you, based on how you are presenting.

---
...become increasingly unable to cope with reality and are instead victims of mental abuse from [other fanatics] , you name it. This plays a massive toll on peoples behavior as time goes on and the abuse continues. Some of these people develop into bullies, pushing their beliefs onto people, sometimes physically. This whole pandemic has been grossly mismanaged, twisted, politicized, made to pit people against each other and so on. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what to tell you.
---
What kind of discussion would you like to have about her behavior?

I wouldn’t want to persuade others to think like me. Not my cup of tea. I rather people think for themselves via their own research and form their own conclusions. What the media has done to people is disgusting. I’m sorry, it just is. Some of these people simply can’t cope with reality. They are too far gone and it’s because the media has forced their narratives down their throats and filled their body with deception, lies, ulterior motives etc. it stopped being about health long ago,

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
well, there are crazies everywhere, and generally they are breaking one or more laws, and for that they should be punished. Do you agree? Maybe we can find what we already agree upon, and understand each other when we don't, using words intended to explain our thoughts.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
well, there are crazies everywhere, and generally they are breaking one or more laws, and for that they should be punished. Do you agree? Maybe we can find what we already agree upon, and understand each other when we don't, using words intended to explain our thoughts.
She got kicked off the plane so I’d say she got punished for her actions. Probably will be black listed from flying with that airline. I don’t fly on planes these days because of how crazy people have become both at airports and inside a tin can. I don’t put myself in those positions because I understand the fragile nature of the crazy backwards world we are currently living in. As I said I think the pilot did a good job of handling the situation. He spoke to her in a manner that hopefully will resonate with her once she got off the plane. The look on her face when she realized the entire plane was not in support of her actions it was like she was in total disbelief. This is the fantasy that has been cooked up in some peoples brains all from the BS that MSM, peers, govt, family etc has forced upon them 24/7. I truly think some people get punch drunk off the media sensationlism and can’t come back down or sober up if that makes sense. So they just spew nonsense onto people and get in peoples face because they feel that is the acceptable thing to do and that she felt she was in the right here. That is not right nor is it the behavior of someone who is mentally stable. Someone get in my face like that I unfortunately wouldn’t handle it like the pilot lol. If you think I’m like this woman you’re sadly mistaken lol. The difference between me and her is I’m content with letting people do as they wish. I have injected myself with science and have done what I felt was my choice. The way she acted is beyond acceptable and everyone should be calling it out for what it is rather than defend her actions, IMO of course. The majority of people just want to be left alone, especially their private life. Too many people feel they must project themselves or their beliefs onto and into everyone else’s business. This pandemic has been like the mechanism those in power needed to divide people up.

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What kind of discussion would you like to have about her behavior?

I wouldn’t want to persuade others to think like me. Not my cup of tea. I rather people think for themselves via their own research and form their own conclusions. What the media has done to people is disgusting. I’m sorry, it just is. Some of these people simply can’t cope with reality. They are too far gone and it’s because the media has forced their narratives down their throats and filled their body with deception, lies, ulterior motives etc. it stopped being about health long ago,
Here is the kicker, though. You apparently are only concerned about the mental health of folks when it supports your narrative. I don't see you having the same concerns for any misinformation being feed to folks who support your narrative. I'm willing to state there have been some problems with the main stream media on the narrative they sometimes have pushed, like with the Rogen example we previously discussed. But, will you concede there are also problems with the narrative pushed by these alternate media sources?

Even if we all acknowledge there has been some misinformation on all sides, it really doesn't impact the discussion we are having. Let's talk about the vaccines, natural immunization, testing, treatments, even mandates as they might effect us or those we personally know, please lets stop the posts of talking about how people are mentally disturbed if they don't agree with our viewpoints.

Lastly, if one looks at the reason for the vast majority of problems on Airlines over the last two years, they are actually caused by anti-maskers, often whom have had to much to drink.

Jim

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is the kicker, though. You apparently are only concerned about the mental health of folks when it supports your narrative. I don't see you having the same concerns for any misinformation being feed to folks who support your narrative. I'm willing to state there have been some problems with the main stream media on the narrative they sometimes have pushed, like with the Rogen example we previously discussed. But, will you concede there are also problems with the narrative pushed by these alternate media sources?

Even if we all acknowledge there has been some misinformation on all sides, it really doesn't impact the discussion we are having. Let's talk about the vaccines, natural immunization, testing, treatments, even mandates as they might effect us or those we personally know, please lets stop the posts of talking about how people are mentally disturbed if they don't agree with our viewpoints.

Lastly, if one looks at the reason for the vast majority of problems on Airlines over the last two years, they are actually caused by anti-maskers, often whom have had to much to drink.

Jim
What narrative do you think I’m pushing or support?

I never said there are problems on only one side of the isle. You immediately assumed that of me and took defense of her as that must = I think there aren’t idiots in all walks of life. Where do you draw this from?

Judging by your posts towards me, I suppose you also believe I think this is acceptable or normal behavior below? You’d be wrong. This person also has clear mental issues and can’t cope with private business requirements.

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What narrative do you think I’m pushing or support?
Here is what you posted with the video clip, "This is what the MSM and govt will do to a weak minded individual".

Let's me absolutely clear, I NEVER TOOK DEFENSE OF THE WOMAN IN THE VIDEO. I think her actions were deplorable and hopes she takes the opportunity to educate herself on the facts. I haven't discussed her actions, previously, because I do not understand how it is germane to our discussion.

While you are free to believe whatever you want to believe, I DO NOT share the belief that, overall, the MSM and the govt is evil.

Jim

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Mentioned yesterday in post #3408. I am Rodgers fan, but OMG what a whining crybaby. He deceived folks about his vaccination status, and then can't seem to man up and deal with the criticism from his actions.

Jim
He didn't deceive anybody. You just didn't listen and assumed. You sound like the crybaby about it.

Though I don't mind if they suspend him lol.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
He didn't deceive anybody. You just didn't listen and assumed. You sound like the crybaby about it.

Though I don't mind if they suspend him lol.
Actually, he told reporters that he was "immunized" and that wasn't very truthful, as someone who is immunized has been vaccinated. When he got criticized by the fans for this deception he cried about the woke media and cancel-culture. Personally, I don't care if he is vaccinated or not, but I called out the crying about the response from his fans for the actions he took. I didn't assume anything. Again, not about me, but about what Rodgers said and how he said it.

Jim

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I don't know how I got on their mailing list at work, but I'm getting a newsletter from Becker's Hospital Review. They have an article in their newsletter today about 6 question on CMS' vaccination rule, answered. Unfortunately, I can't post a link to the newsletter article, but there is a link within it to https://www.cms.gov/files/document/cms-omnibus-staff-vax-requirements-2021.pdf

One q&a of note is:
"Q: Does this requirement apply to full time teleworkers?
A: No. Individuals who provide services 100 percent remotely and who do not have any direct
contact with patients and other staff, such as fully remote telehealth or payroll services, are not
subject to the vaccination requirements outlined in this regulation."

@adrianp89, maybe your wife would not have to vaccinate based on the above q&a?

Jim

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I don't know how I got on their mailing list at work, but I'm getting a newsletter from Becker's Hospital Review. They have an article in their newsletter today about 6 question on CMS' vaccination rule, answered. Unfortunately, I can't post a link to the newsletter article, but there is a link within it to https://www.cms.gov/files/document/cms-omnibus-staff-vax-requirements-2021.pdf

One q&a of note is:
"Q: Does this requirement apply to full time teleworkers?
A: No. Individuals who provide services 100 percent remotely and who do not have any direct
contact with patients and other staff, such as fully remote telehealth or payroll services, are not
subject to the vaccination requirements outlined in this regulation."

@adrianp89, maybe your wife would not have to vaccinate based on the above q&a?

Jim
Unfortunately, this does not apply to the Federal Contractor mandate. I was researching this earlier today actually. I found a Q&A that said for the Federal Contractors, they have to be vaccinated even if remote (had to dig for that).

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Unfortunately, this does not apply to the Federal Contractor mandate. I was researching this earlier today actually. I found a Q&A that said for the Federal Contractors, they have to be vaccinated even if remote (had to dig for that).
Sorry, didn't realize she worked for a federal contractor. I thought she might work for a health care system.

JIm

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yep, had a friend that found this out too. Which re-enforces how much this is a plain and simple power grab/overreach and nothing to do with keeping employees safe at work... they aren't even "at work".

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yet another mandate "based on science" forcing a friend of mine to get vaccinated to protect his coworkers as a remote worker 4 states away. :winkingthumbsup"

Its like the sports mandates my son and his friends had to follow - they could sweat, rub, tackle all over each other but "based on science" don't dare shake their hand after the game :winkingthumbsup"

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The federal workplace mandates for federal employees and contractors are "based on science." With a vaccinated workforce there is a lower chance (note, I did not say a zero chance) of Covid spreading through the federal workplace. However, the execution of the mandate on federal employee and contractors seems to taken the easy (lazy) way out. Even though only a very tiny percentage of these employees would be 100% remote, I could understand an exemption for these folks, if requested. I have been working 100% remotely for the past 18 months, but I could potentially go into my office for a meeting, so me being mandated to get vaccinated makes sense.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.