• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcophosaur

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I chose to seek out the Moderna shots, though Pfizer was my second choice. I got shot #2 on 4/9. Its been a nice summer not having to worry about being in bed for 10+ days like some friends I know who got COVID pre-vaccine. I have certainly been exposed and have not contracted the virus. I have a vaccinated friend who just told me he likely had a severe exposure yesterday, so this week will be interesting to see how 'strong' his body's immune response to the vaccine was.

Those I know who had the disease mostly caught it while at work due to the nature of their work - public safety and such. I know a few who have died of COVID. Older people (60+) who were otherwise quite healthy with few or no co-morbidities, and as they were suffering in the hospital their extended family were also fighting the virus at home and could not see them or help them in the hospital. The spread happened all at once within the family clusters who spent time together regularly.

I had flu-like symptoms for about 24 hours after the second shot, but immediately felt back to 100% on day 2.

If 100,000,000+ successfully vaccinated people doesn't convince you to get a free poke to protect yourself and those around you, I don't know what will.

1626978393898.png

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
oh man. I love that y'all are still passionate. I'm going through a "screw humanity" phase at the moment. Sucks.

All these non vaccinated people showing up to the hospital and the ICU. So frustrating. And here my kids still at risk because they are too young for the shot. And now all these adults won't get vaccinated. argh! I'm so frustrated.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
oh man. I love that y'all are still passionate. I'm going through a "screw humanity" phase at the moment. Sucks.

All these non vaccinated people showing up to the hospital and the ICU. So frustrating. And here my kids still at risk because they are too young for the shot. And now all these adults won't get vaccinated. argh! I'm so frustrated.
Head up man. This too shall pass. Mitigate the risks you can, and keep pushing forward. Don't lose that focus!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Head up man. This too shall pass. Mitigate the risks you can, and keep pushing forward. Don't lose that focus!
Thank you for this.

It's too depressing, otherwise, so much willful ignorance, so much entitlement. I don't get it.
But, ultimately, it's always self defeating, in the end.

Great to see more "can do" attitude!

--

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I am entering the let delta give the adults who did not get vaccinated immunity or death frame of mind.

I have invested more time into trying to reach them than I should. Time to let the herd be thinned.

I am doing my best to keep my kids sheltered.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is there some way to make individual threads invisible in your user settings? If not I would kick in $$ to add that functionality to the forum.

"Not trying to be a dick here" but if I have to continue to see this thread at the top of the list when I log in I may just hang myself.

Adding a smiley........ :)

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
There is so much noise in that 250k death number by doctors I don't even know where to begin. The easiest example being in that article about the death from heart arrhythmia. The Dr missed a treatment that would have saved that person's life. It's tragic, and a major mistake by the Dr. obviously, but that Dr didn't kill that person. If that person never went to the hospital, they would have died in their home. There is a substantial difference between "missing something that would have saved a life" and "the Dr caused this death." And obviously none of this is related to vaccine safety.
Kinda like "covid killed this patient, but actually, it was heart disease and they just happen to die while they had covid?"

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

But... your kids AREN'T at risk, because the doctors told us that less children have died from covid than those who have died getting a vax, right?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Is there some way to make individual threads invisible in your user settings? If not I would kick in $$ to add that functionality to the forum.

"Not trying to be a dick here" but if I have to continue to see this thread at the top of the list when I log in I may just hang myself.

Adding a smiley........ :)
Top left button on this page: "Unwatch" may help?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But... your kids AREN'T at risk, because the doctors told us that less children have died from covid than those who have died getting a vax, right?
Wrong.

Was the similarity of your username to “I am a nut” intentional?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Let's be really honest here: this is a discussion between "you either believe the bullshit, or not."

Bullshit = vax is safe or not, covid is as bad as we're told, or not, etc.

It's an argument about who's truth is more true. In reality, the actual truth probably lies where it always does, in the middle.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Oh, okay, you convinced me. 😂 😂 😂 but how about some info from the CDC, just for funnsies?

0-18 years old: 401 deaths
Covid vax deaths: 6,207 deaths

I'll just leave this here?
Provisional COVID-19 Deaths: Focus on Ages 0-18 Years | Data | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1626991768800.png
and then this...

Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 339 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through July 19, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 6,207 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@anmut, how about clearing up the similarity to “I am a nut”. Was it intentional?

As for vaccines and death out of each million Americans an average of 24 die each day. With or without the vaccine it is expected that each day a million Americans are vaccinated that 24 would die from “normal” causes.

You report that 6,207 Americans have died after being vaccinated. Only looking at the day of vaccination that 24/1,000,000 deaths per day average would be 8,136 same day as vaccination deaths. Americans who are vaccinated are dying at 76% of the rate of average Americans on the day of vaccination.

A more complex analysis using the number of days since each vaccine dosing would increase the delta between expected and actual deaths of vaccinated Americans.

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@anmut, how about clearing up the similarity to “I am a nut”. Was it intentional?

As for vaccines and death out of each million Americans an average of 24 die each day. With or without the vaccine it is expected that each day a million Americans are vaccinated that 24 would die from “normal” causes.

You report that 6,207 Americans have died after being vaccinated. Only looking at the day of vaccination that 24/1,000,000 deaths per day average would be 8,136 same day as vaccination deaths. Americans who are vaccinated are dying at 76% of the rate of average Americans on the day of vaccination.

A more complex analysis using the number of days since each vaccine dosing would increase the delta between expected and actual deaths of vaccinated Americans.
You said you were afraid your kids were going to die? You said I was wrong without sourcing anything?

I just presented evidence to the contrary by the all knowing CDC. That’s not “my report” that’s the CDCs website. All hail the CDC! (HAIL!)

Believe what you what, it’s a free country. Or it used to be?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Wrong.

Was the similarity of your username to “I am a nut” intentional?
Also, did you edit your post to include a personal insult?! Well played, human adult, well played!

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
As a parent, it weighs heavy on your heart when you make the difficult decisions in order to protect your children. I’m sure Your blasé attitude regarding the low probability of childhood mortality does not make him feel any better. Maybe I misinterpreted the intention of your post directed at him. For that I humbly apologize if advance.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
As a parent, it weighs heavy on your heart when you make the difficult decisions in order to protect your children. I’m sure Your blasé attitude regarding the low probability of childhood mortality does not make him feel any better. Maybe I misinterpreted the intention of your post directed at him. For that I humbly apologize if advance.
Just being realistic. As a parent myself I get it. But I also refuse to raise cowards that are afraid their own shadows. My seven year old daughter is on year two of wakeboard. She’s not afraid of a toe side and she’s not afraid of covid, and the statistics back her attitude up.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Your response is a good example of why I give zero fucks now.

It comes across as mean spirited and condescending, and shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the data... All at the same time.

The fact that you have access to numbers does not mean that you understand how to use them. VAERS is not showing that those people died FROM the vaccine.

But then again, this is not news. This has been said over and over again. So either you understand what those numbers really mean and chose to be obtuse in order to make your point, or you chose to not believe what those numbers mean, in order to make your point. At the end of the day, the data (and the virus) gives zero fucks about what we believe.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just being realistic. As a parent myself I get it. But I also refuse to raise cowards that are afraid their own shadows. My seven year old daughter is on year two of wakeboard. She’s not afraid of a toe side and she’s not afraid of covid, and the statistics back her attitude up.
I half take offense to you saying that people who raise kids following science and being a good human to those around us, are raising cowards. But then I take a deep breath and go back to zero fucks. You do you. But my kids are not cowards. I know this and I'm happy because they will grow up to be amazing humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.