• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also, did you edit your post to include a personal insult?! Well played, human adult, well played!
Insult? Merely a curiosity of your intent in choosing your username.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just being realistic. As a parent myself I get it. But I also refuse to raise cowards that are afraid their own shadows. My seven year old daughter is on year two of wakeboard. She’s not afraid of a toe side and she’s not afraid of covid, and the statistics back her
I half take offense to you saying that people who raise kids following science and being a good human to those around us, are raising cowards. But then I take a deep breath and go back to zero fucks. You do you. But my kids are not cowards. I know this and I'm happy because they will grow up to be amazing humans.
It’s not worthy of a response. I simply don’t have the piss and vinegar to entertain a protracted debates. Subltle insults are not synonymous with being witty. Just plain cantankerous. Not everybody exhibits humility and grace. At times, I fail. His post certainly lacks humility.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I half take offense to you saying that people who raise kids following science and being a good human to those around us, are raising cowards. But then I take a deep breath and go back to zero fucks. You do you. But my kids are not cowards. I know this and I'm happy because they will grow up to be amazing humans.
Good luck to us both then!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It’s not worthy of a response. I simply don’t have the piss and vinegar to entertain a protracted debates.
Yet, here you are replying? Maybe you just like reading affirmations instead of opinions? *shrug?*

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ahh come on, don’t bullshit…
Why do you keep avoiding the question?

Is your username intentional or not?

Every time I have seen your user name "am nut" was how I read it. It has given me a few laughs.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just being realistic. As a parent myself I get it. But I also refuse to raise cowards that are afraid their own shadows. My seven year old daughter is on year two of wakeboard. She’s not afraid of a toe side and she’s not afraid of covid, and the statistics back her attitude up.
You vaccinate your kids so they can play school sports but claim religious exemption to not get vaccinated yourself.

And, BTW, I'm just curious at this point - could you possibly get more whiny? Could you sound more whiny? Is it possible?

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Let's be really honest here: this is a discussion between "you either believe the bullshit, or not."

Bullshit = vax is safe or not, covid is as bad as we're told, or not, etc.

It's an argument about who's truth is more true. In reality, the actual truth probably lies where it always does, in the middle.
Sorry, but not its not about who's truth is more true. One either believes 300k Americans are dead due to Covid, or have some real comprehension problems. Its really that simple. There is ZERO QUESTION that Covid has single handedly been responsible for the excess death rate. NONE.

Regarding the safety of the vaccine, that has also been clearly established. The world's best and most talented have been working on this vaccine since 1999. Its gone through rigorous testing, and now has MILLIONS of humans as proof of just how well it works. There is no question whatsoever about its efficacy....NONE. Its not a question of degrees of truth or degrees of efficacy. It works. The simple fact that in my county 99.5% of covid hospitalizations and deaths are from unvaccinated people is incontrovertible. The country wide number is 97.5%. If it wasn't working that number would be 40%. That is incontrovertible. One can attempt to try and spin reality in some other way....but that doesn't change the FACTS. THE VACCINES WORKS REALLY WELL. PERIOD.

I have another FB friend from WI who's equally as duped into this bizarre anti vax thinking. I have to wonder if WI was indeed targeted as a site for more disinformation than elsewhere in the country, or is there something else at play here?

It really does astonish me how/why this is so hard to grasp. But then again, there are still people who are convinced without a shadow of a doubt that the world is flat.

Oh well....guess I need to go research if there is a "Hide thread" addon so those of use that don't want to keep reading this insanity can hide it..... :winkingthumbsup"

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This thread has no purpose any longer. Seems to be two entrenched camps talking past each other with most not even trying to understand the other. I would lock it.

PS: Due to my own situation and unique health profile, I took the vax as the assumed risk / reward balance was clearly on the vax side for me. Everyone must remember; however, that the risk / reward balance is not the same for all people and that all of these vaccines are experimental and their long term health / safety risks are not yet known.

Their efficacy is clearly established (at least with known variants up until now), but their long term safety is not. PSAs, education, and advocacy to encourage maximum vax uptake to drive toward herd immuinity? Sure, I am all for it. Coercive measure to force, or de facto force, people to take an experimental vax? No. NO.

I trust the mods here to shepherd this site with restraint and finesse as they have very successfully since the start back in, what, early 2014? But I would lock this one.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This thread has no purpose any longer. Seems to be two entrenched camps talking past each other with most not even trying to understand the other. I would lock it.
Finally a voice of reason.

My guess is that if an Admin wasn’t a primary contributor to this dumpster fire it would have been closed a long time ago.

Oh well....guess I need to go research if there is a "Hide thread" addon so those of use that don't want to keep reading this insanity can hide it..... :winkingthumbsup"
I see light at the end of the tunnel....... :)

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Finally a voice of reason.

My guess is that if an Admin wasn’t a primary contributor to this dumpster fire it would have been closed a long time ago.

I see light at the end of the tunnel....... :)
Agreed
@Administrative shut it down.

When members can’t back up their statements without resorting to personal attacks, the thread is dead.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

Every time I have seen your user name "am nut" was how I read it. It has given me a few laughs.
Boarderline obsession much? It’s a German word, Google is your friend.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Final thought before I unwatch this thread. If you want to live in fear of every shadow and have unequivocal trust that doctors, drug companies, politicians, and the media only have your health in mind as their only motivation, then by all means, go for it. Live your life.

Just don’t get angry when the rest of us choose a path less traveled.

We don’t force our liberty on you, don’t force your control on us.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Funny how the ones who acuse others of being a coward and living in fear are the ones who are so afraid of science that they prefer to risk catching covid and don't care if the pandemic affects those who can't get vaccinated.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Why do you keep posting this childish drivel in this thread? Where is your vaccine info in this post? This thread started as a place where you can post about your vaccine experience. I think you are full of shit in your curiosity excuse. I think that your MO is to make anyone who does not agree with you look like a dope or a nut. Just my opinion and I am entitled to it no matter what you think.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When members can’t back up their statements without resorting to personal attacks, the thread is dead.
I did it about 3-4 times and was glossed over and never answered. Hell I wrote a novel length post, twice, with little to no response than some knee jerk, reaction inciting come backs.....despite actively seeing your side on multiple positions, then respectfully disagreeing and presenting my side.

Don't complain about a lack of serious debate, then throw this BS back. You want to quit the bullshit? Admit you're fanning the flames, and not here for any level of serious discussion.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So what's everyone's experience with the vaccine?
The thread started with that question. It should remain open.

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Kinda like "covid killed this patient, but actually, it was heart disease and they just happen to die while they had covid?"
Yikes man. You believe that stuff? Everything isn't a conspiracy. Somethings things just.....happen.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The thread started with that question. It should remain open.
I would 100% agree with this. There is actually a ton of useful information in this thread that's on topic, describing personal experiences with the vaccine and its side effects - shared in earnest by a few members.

Whiny troll, chaos/misinformation mongers, notwithstanding.

--

Status
Not open for further replies.