• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So what's everyone's experience with the vaccine? I'll start....

Got the first shot of Pfizer Thursday, March 11 through Denton County Health. Went to Texas Motor Speedway as instructed for the drive thru vaccine administration. All I can say is wow. What a well oiled machine. This thing will be written about in the history books. They were giving the shot Tuesdays and Thursdays and running somewhere around 35,000 people a week through there +/- 10,000 people. From start to finish I was thru in about 25 minutes and that is counting the 15 min observation period.

That night I had a fever and pretty bad body aches. The next day I had body aches and very fatigued. Had a meeting at lunch and after meeting came home and passed out on the couch, which is unusual for me. Saturday morning still fatigued but I pounded some gatorade and water and managed to play a round of golf that afternoon. By Saturday evening I was normal. To preface this I will add I had a bad case of Covid in mid Dec. Nine days with fever between 99.5 - 101F. Body aches for 5 days, dry cough, tight chest, fatigue, loss of taste and smell. Took roughly 3 weeks to fully recover from cough. I'm also type A+ blood.

I get my 2nd dose tomorrow at 1:30 at Texas Motor Speedway and to say my anxiety is very high about getting sick again would be an understatement. Will update later.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got the Pfizer 1st shot at Beaumont Hospital here in Michigan. You are correct. Everything was ran smoothly and they were doing 4,000 people per day at that location. Well oiled is an understatement. I had a Nurse/MA take me from station to station answering all my questions and after the 15 minute waiting period greeted me again and walked me to the door. Everyone was courteous, nice, they were wiping everything down and everything was distanced. TBH I spend more time in line at Burger King. Couldn't have went smoother.

I had no reaction to it. This was 8 days ago. Second shot in two weeks. The Admiral, since she works in Health Care, had her shots previously with no adverse reaction. Same shot. Pfizer.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My wife and I got the J&J (one and done) shot 2-1/2 weeks ago. I called 5 different places and ask to be put on a No Waste List as we were not eligible yet. Got a call 2 days later from CVS and they had exactly 2 shots left. Jumped in the car and got them. The shot was painless. My wife had chills/slight fever around 3am for about 30 minutes and it passed. She has been fine ever since. I had no reaction to the vaccine and felt fine. I glad we got it.

We chose the J&J as people were stating the 2nd shot was the most discomforting. My son's wife got her 2nd shot 3 days ago and has had a fever since then. We have not heard how she doing today.

We all need to realize this is exactly like getting the flu shot. It will not prevent you from getting the virus but will decrease the symptoms. The vaccine provides your body with the necessary anti-bodies to help fight it and minimize it's duration. It does not turn you into superman and now you can fly! You are still susceptible to the virus and you can spread it.

@BigN8 Sorry you caught it so bad. That sucks what you went thru. Glad you're ok. :thumbsup:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Refuse to get it. I have already had COVID, and the data strongly suggests there is no reason to get the vaccine, if you have already had it.

I do have a buddy who received the vaccine, he is 36 and in pretty good shape. He had mild seizures the next day.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Iowa is top 15 in the country for getting the vaccines out, but our population size is very low compared to bigger states, our pharmacies and public health offices are doing a tremendous job giving shots to everyone, and next week everyone can get one if they want one.

Got my Moderna vaccine back in January, as well as my wife who is an ER RN. The first shot went fine, second shot took my wife out the day after with mirrored covid symptoms. I was actually just a little more tired than normal. We both never got Covid although working with it on a daily basis. Gave blood throughout the year and never had a positive antibody test too. I will say we weren't like the cities who were ridiculously busy but we saw our fair share of them for sure. Seemed like it really hit Iowa around late Summer rather than back in March. We also weren't the best at social distancing and always wearing masks but when you wear a mask and tons of PPE at work every day it gets old really fast. We still wear our masks where places ask for them.

I assume by Memorial Day many restrictions will be lifted, pending how many get vaccinations. Also depending on which state you live in as well.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Not planning on getting one unless required for travel.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got my first Pfizer one on Monday at one of the state drive through sites here. Super easy, in and out in 20 minutes. No health issues or side effects at all.

Our parents are in their 60s to late 70s and have all gotten both shots. My dad is the oldest and felt bad for about a day after the 2nd dose and was back to normal after that.

I would have preferred to nothave to get it, but it’s going to make my life easier so it’s worth it. Honestly there’s probably worse shit in some of the food & beverages I consume than in a vaccine.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a mild-medium case of COVID back in Mid-Dec. Last day of quarantine was Christmas Eve.

I'm scheduled to get the first dose of a Pfizer on the 12th. Will report back results here. Most around me that have gotten it report very low side effects.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got second Pfizer two weeks ago. No issues.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As I understand it, if you have significant side effects with the first jab, you probably had Covid already. I had my first shot of Pfizer with just a sore arm. 2nd one is tomorrow.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
neither my wife or I (early 50's) or our kids have received it,

my mom (84 and great health) received her's last month in Houston, just stuck her arm out the window of the car, less than 2 minutes total, no effects at all

my in-laws (mid 70's, over weight and sedentary since lockdown (especially since they closed the gym they were using very regularly) received theirs last month also, no immediate adverse effects, my mother in-law had a stroke 3 days later,

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Got my 2nd dose today of the Phizer vaccine this morning and I am a little tired this afternoon, but nothing major. The first dose was no different than a Flu shot for me.

Stacey A

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So what's everyone's experience with the vaccine? I'll start....

Got the first shot of Pfizer Thursday, March 11 through Denton County Health. Went to Texas Motor Speedway as instructed for the drive thru vaccine administration. All I can say is wow. What a well oiled machine. This thing will be written about in the history books. They were giving the shot Tuesdays and Thursdays and running somewhere around 35,000 people a week through there +/- 10,000 people. From start to finish I was thru in about 25 minutes and that is counting the 15 min observation period.

That night I had a fever and pretty bad body aches. The next day I had body aches and very fatigued. Had a meeting at lunch and after meeting came home and passed out on the couch, which is unusual for me. Saturday morning still fatigued but I pounded some gatorade and water and managed to play a round of golf that afternoon. By Saturday evening I was normal. To preface this I will add I had a bad case of Covid in mid Dec. Nine days with fever between 99.5 - 101F. Body aches for 5 days, dry cough, tight chest, fatigue, loss of taste and smell. Took roughly 3 weeks to fully recover from cough. I'm also type A+ blood.

I get my 2nd dose tomorrow at 1:30 at Texas Motor Speedway and to say my anxiety is very high about getting sick again would be an understatement. Will update later.
Hydrate!! Hydrate!! Hydrate!! That's the advice I've been given. From what I've heard, the second shot is generally a little more symptomatic than the first. And they say the stronger your immune system the worse the reactions. I suspect you felt it more than most because of your past diagnosis?? Good luck with the next shot. I am due for my first Pfizer shot tomorrow!

portlandbucfan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Got first shot of Moderna yesterday. No big deal.

Only getting it since I have a feeling it will be required to travel/go to sporting events.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I had Covid back in December. I don't want to start an argument but would like to hear input why I would need the vaccine. I had the antibody test showing I had them. Please be gracious to others opinions if you share yours.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had Covid back in December. I don't want to start an argument but would like to hear input why I would need the vaccine. I had the antibody test showing I had them. Please be gracious to others opinions if you share yours.
If I would have had covid like you I would have held off getting the vaccine as long as possible. My wife and I only got them because there was pressure from work and we had a Mexico trip planned for a year that we didn't want to get ruined by getting Covid the day before we left 😂
Really the only reason I feel people will get the vaccine is maybe traveling and sporting events will require it, but who knows. It makes no logical sense to me that you would need the shot now since your body already has the memory to fight it. Because essentially that is what the vaccine is doing, giving your body the blueprints to fight it if it comes in contact with it. I respect everyone's reason to get the vaccine or not to get it though!

I guess the people that don't get the vaccine can have the last laugh when I grow an extra appendage 😂

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got Pfizer first shot and was fine other than real sore at the injection site for several days with bruising. She injected it very slowly as that is how she said they were instructed. Arm was much more sore than your typical flu shot. I got back for my 2nd shot on the 10th. My work is giving away $25k to 10 people in a raffle so it made choosing a little easier lol.

My grandmother in her 90’s and my parents who both have bad health factors have had their one shot of Moderna with no side efffcs. They go back for their second shot tomorrow. I’ve known people who have died from Covid so that’s another reason why I got it as I’m also not in best of health. It affects people differently so I didn’t want to roll the dice with it vs roll the dice with the vaccine. I waffled back and forth for the longest time if I wanted it or not. I guess I just said YOLO and did it eventually. Haven't noticed I glow at night or anything yet lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.