• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

This looks pretty effective and it won't rip your pump off

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok i am confused, is this a thread to reference JBP products damaging pumps that turned into actually showing CJS with damaged pumps?

If so, which JBP products are damaging pumps?

Kinda childish IMHO

This crap is getting old

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes I guess you are confused

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow. Just wow.

I thought it was just me when a couple bitter, angry guys attacked me awhile back but it appears that's where this forum has been heading lately. Pretty sad. I feel sorry for JBP and I don't even know anything about him or his company. His product was deemed garbage on here by a couple key members before he even had a patent granted or production unit made.

WTF? Are you guys that closed minded, ignorant and just plain unhappy with life that you have to try to destroy everyone else's dreams? Again, it seems to me that this forum is being turned into an unhappy and unwelcome place by a couple of long time members. What a shame.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you guys that closed minded, ignorant and just plain unhappy with life that you have to try to destroy everyone else's dreams?
Yes.
I am.
:oops:

--

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My point was proven. But then the post was deleted. But I'm smarter than the average bitter, angry guy, I know how to recover deleted posts. lol.

Text from deleted post...

swatski Jetboaters Fleet Admiral

Yes, please save this board, Mr Amazing GMTECH!
I shall crawl in a hole and die.
--
swatski, 16 minutes ago

IMHO there is a cancer growing in this forum. There are only a small handful of disease carriers, but they are very vocal and are doing a lot of damage. Like I've already said, it's sad because I really liked this forum and felt welcome to share ideas. I wonder how many others have not bothered to check into or comment in this forum anymore because of the hostile climate?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes this is becoming a sad thing but this appears to be a pattern and the names are usually the same. I will say that it is honestly just too bad .
I just hope the silent majority understand My concerns. After all it's your boat.
First when I posted this I was saying something to alert the people who don't know what it going on. It's called TROLLS.
The person who was worried about the sheeple being asked to buy a product that was obviously not close to being ready for sale in his opinion needed to do some thinking based on the past .
My advice is THINK BEFORE JUMPING OFF THE CLIFF .
I will enlighten you with the first thing I observed and found alarming with the design of this plastic wake thing .
The so called birds beak, the part was described as a stop that would hit the steering arm to limit the amount of travel , someone asked how the beak would not break when hitting the arm.
Good question as someone is analyzing this and I am impressed, the answer was stainless steel parts being riveted to plastic fins, well my guess is that would be disastrous as the metal and rivets would destroy the plastic very quickly not to mention needing more than one stop for the parts not to tweak and deform during use.
Now I see this is possibly being addressed somehow, so hopefully this will fix that issue.
I am and always have been outspoken about things that I feel strongly about it's just me and it is the way I have always been. That being said as if It really needed to be, I also work very hard to make excellent and effective products at a very low price and I have focused on my products making changes over time by listening to customer feedback and adapting to the changes in boat designs when necessary.
I do not use trolls I do not ask people to post in my behalf .
Now as for selling or buying things that don't even exist yet let the buyer beware.
As for the same people launching attacks or poking the bear with nonsense have at it.
I have listened to a lot of foolishness in my years on the planet.
I honestly see a pattern here another cesspool thread is being created in an effort to control the sheeple and block information so I have a couple more people I placed on my ignore list since that is what that feature is for and I strongly suggest you place me or any one else that you find annoying on your ignore list and there will be harmony .
Also any time I can jump in and offer information regarding boats or other boating related questions that I have experience with or just offer suggestions I will do that as always.
I am always happy and willing to help out. That probably pisses off the trolls also.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I dont think the issue is having 2 different steering enhancements on the forum. I think some in this thread have voiced concerns since seeing the design and others like it (kills two birds one stone).

Any time a mod is made to a boat there is potential to cause issue. Add on top of that both of these products are installed by users not the manufacture/shop who does it every day more issues are going to happen naturally.

There is another as this thread mentions wake product that has yet to be released but is offering presales from a larger manufacture and no one is jumping them... we have seen that DIY turn some pretty solid results.

There are are people who will always be on both sides of this topic. No need to bash.

The great part about a company and production is that if sold and many people have same issue, there was clearly issue and can go back to the company.

Everyone go sit in your boat today and have a cold beverage it will make you feel better.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Go look up doctrine of equivalents as it applies to patents then perhaps you may be on the right path to understanding why some people make steering that works at all speeds some that are adjustable and some that are only slow speed etc . Now it gets pretty complicated I can add something to an existing product but I can not make the product with the addition .
Someone owns a patent and builds a pencil , someone else decides to invent an eraser that can be placed on the end of the pencil.
They can make that eraser but they can not make the pencil with the eraser added to it.
And on a side note the one thing that people seem to have a problem understanding is you can not make the pencil yourself even if it's only for your personal use .
So the person patents the eraser that fits on the end of the pencil, the guy with the pencil can not make the pencil with that eraser on the end any more than the guy who makes the eraser can make them both together.
So someone not familiar with all the regulations as most of us are not, lets say a consumer asks the manufacturer why he doesn't add the eraser to the pencil and he says it makes a mess of the paper and it won't last very long and it's ugly plus having a metal ring so close to your heart could get you struck by lightening if you walk out in a storm.
So research if you dare.
The fact is magic tricks are slight of hand but they look convincing to the untrained eye.
In any event I hope that people will think for themselves and do their research when making a decision on any product.
I remember when I first invented my steering I did it for my own boat It worked so well I decided to move it to the next level and the next etc. I keep moving in that direction even after all these years.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
omg nobody on this forum "invented" jet boat fin steering. Can we please stop with all this "my shit is better than yours" e-penis nonsense? It makes everyone involved look stupid.

Behold "the modern era pencil and eraser" refined after Bill Hamilton lol. It even has Yamaha reverse before Yamaha reverse existed......

image.jpeg

I'm sure Berkeley is sitting back waiting on people to pay them royalties :rolleyes:. Come on, can we please stop with all this mud slinging? It's nothing but trolling. It's old and I agree it sets a stench on this forum that is hard to clean off.

Last edited:

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think the concern should be that the product in question here is still a work in progress. How can you say for sure how your product will work without the final product? And if there isn't a final product how can you guarantee that it won't cause damage to you boat without the thousands of hours needed for testing? I guess that's what the early adopters are for.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I personally don't operate that way so I do not understand why people would collect money for something that is not even close to being delivered. My logical side says why put yourself in that position if you don't need to.
Now this comes from someone who owes nothing to anyone, Who does not believe on borrowing money. who pays all his bills the day they come in even my laser company bills for all my parts are paid on delivery when I pick up the parts. I don't like owing any one anything so I don't. Not that living on credit is wrong it just isn't something I have to do or want to do. I have been building my new super steering systems and waiting for the parts to be ready week after week and they will be ready Monday I am being told, then as usual I pick a few people to do tests for feedback on effectiveness and all that as I always do.
But I never sell the parts without having them to deliver to the customer and I have had a few oversights that were discovered by the end user and rectified I call it asking the hens not the fox. Pretty reliable way of getting the facts fast. And I am pretty hard on myself if I do overlook anything because it's my baby.
Now at my age I don't have a lot to look forward to besides more aching joints and less hair ,well maybe not the hair so far anyway. Oh and more maintenance fees for the new patents . I complained to my lawyer that I will be paying maintenance fees way after I die. Actually my first patent will expire in a few years and then let the steering wars begin everyone and their uncle will be able to build any of the systems I designed in that patent and that one had 37 claims if I recall correctly.
You will be buying steering from the lowest bidder , Go look up patent 6561858 I loved the duel tie rod rudder system it rocked .
The 3 small fins on the P W C nozzle are amazing also those are what I use on my skies to tow 2 tubes with a total of 5 passengers and drive while standing on the top of the seat with no hands and all my other tricks.
I Just posted one on facebook my daughter shot on her phone the other day while I towed a 3 person hot dog tube while standing on the seat of the ski.
So for the record NO existing steering system from anyone will rip your pump off at speed no matter how fast you turn, Not even the articulating keel and steering hooked up via tie rods to the nozzles nor will they break your nozzles off unless you manage to hit a very solid object in just the right way. Nothing you can do about that as the rudders are proving all by themselves. I do have people who remove the rudder and use the Ultimates without the rudders in areas where rocks and stumps etc are a problem like rivers in Canada . Although the guy who ripped off his keel down the center of his boat proved nothing is bullet proof. That post is on the web site with some amazing pictures included.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Again, it seems to me that this forum is being turned into an unhappy and unwelcome place by a couple of long time members. What a shame.
This forum is fine, and a bit of an odd post coming from you as I seem to recall you trying to hold your financial status above someone else here, recently. I can count on one hand the number of degenerate folk that incessantly cause drama. Everyone else? Gets along fine. This is actually the most well-mannered congenial forum that I participate in, and is generally a breath of fresh air.

The subject of this thread is atrocious though, and if I were the OP would be quite embarrassed with myself. I like that this forum is (and can be) lightly moderated. I'm almost to the point where I would suggest that Vendors restrict their posting to their own subforums. Customers can certainly chat among themselves about the pros and cons to both, but this thread (and others) is beyond ridiculous.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My point was proven. But then the post was deleted. But I'm smarter than the average bitter, angry guy, I know how to recover deleted posts. lol.

Text from deleted post...

swatski Jetboaters Fleet Admiral

Yes, please save this board, Mr Amazing GMTECH!
I shall crawl in a hole and die.
--
swatski, 16 minutes ago

IMHO there is a cancer growing in this forum. There are only a small handful of disease carriers, but they are very vocal and are doing a lot of damage. Like I've already said, it's sad because I really liked this forum and felt welcome to share ideas. I wonder how many others have not bothered to check into or comment in this forum anymore because of the hostile climate?
You really are special. Did you get this in an email and reposted... I deleted it thinking “maybe it’s a bit too harsh”, wouldn’t want to crash your fragile ego.
Please notice I'm giving you positive ratings, only!
Hope you’re OK there, genius TECH!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yeah this forum is light years away from an unhappy and unwelcoming place. One of the best forums I am or have been a part of. Is starting a thread with this title kind of childish, well yes frankly, but so what. Who cares? Who is it hurting? Trust me JBP can take care of themselves and they will be just fine and will continue to sell amazing product. They have a history of taking care of their customers and making innovative products that work. When there are issues they take care of them and make it right. This $h!t is NOT going to hurt them. Yeah I don't like this underhanded type of contribution but Jeff (CJS) is not my friend or family so I do not have to take the bad with the good, I can ignore the bad and just benefit from the good. Jeff has a lot of great contribution both in product and in knowledge. Admittedly I've gotten sucked into taking offense and taking this type of $h!t personally but its a waste of time. I get this feels uglier cause its a competing company/vendor that is slinging uninstantiated accusations like "rip your pump off", but sorry I'm still going to stay in the "so what, who cares" camp. Sure go ahead and disagree with the OP and comment that it is ridiculous to make a claim like this without even having seen the final product but this thread isn't destroying the forum, the forum is in fine health.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
For the record my title was tongue in cheek as explained more than once it was making fun of the totally absurd rip your pump off comment.

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I visit this forum mainly because it's highly educational, particularly in the vocabulary department. Here's my new "word of the day":

I will be using this one regularly in both conversational and electronic communications.

Jeff

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No idea whats going on here... is Jeff making a surf product?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Haaaaa hell no!!!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
No idea whats going on here... is Jeff making a surf product?
I think he’s making pencils. But isn’t allowed to use them?!?