• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@swatski haha I was just finished getting the images resized :D

Here's probably the most important pic. The one of my wife talking to my salesman Greg who I've been in touch with since about this time last year :D. The young guy wearing the Supra shirt works at the Supra/Moomba factory. He's actually the son of one of the owners! Really nice guys and more importantly helped show my wife the light so to speak and give me the "its your call" look :D. I liked a lot of this boat but the interior colors are not quite what I'd go with and will likely just get it built how I want it. might as well when throwing this kind of money into a luxury toy anyways right :D?! Note the nice surf pockets on top of the bimini ;). also that tower is slightly different for 2019. It's counter-weighted and even with the two Rev8's I was not only able to unlatch the tower using a single hand but also lower it with one arm effortlessly!

IMG_8070.jpg

IMG_8132.jpgIMG_8131.jpgIMG_8130.jpgIMG_8074.jpgIMG_8073.jpgIMG_8067.jpg

IMG_8134.jpg

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's more boat show pics with my silly daughter posing in front of a few of them lol....

IMG_8072.jpgIMG_8078.jpgIMG_8079.jpgIMG_8080.jpgIMG_8081.jpg

Here's the new Supreme ZS series! Crazy aggressive lines! I loved the blue as it really pops on this boat. Check out the real strange hull design midship and the "fang" coming off the low front of the hull!!

IMG_8083.jpgIMG_8084.jpgIMG_8085.jpgIMG_8086.jpgIMG_8087.jpg

There were not ANY Yamaha boats there! First time I can remember seeing that. Wedowee Marine where I bought my 192 usually has a spot at the Bham boat show but not this year. Instead they decided to do their own "boat show" at one of their new dealership facilities. Strange call for them to make. Scarab did have some boats there but tucked into a really dimly lit corner away from a lot of the traffic. There was a crowd around the new Sea-Doo Fish PWC.

IMG_8102.jpgIMG_8103.jpgIMG_8104.jpgIMG_8105.jpgIMG_8106.jpgIMG_8107.jpgIMG_8109.jpgIMG_8110.jpgIMG_8111.jpgIMG_8112.jpgIMG_8113.jpgIMG_8114.jpg

New Supra SE 450 was so nice! Check out the flip-up/hidden rear lounge seats! Rear view camera and the attention to detail is IMO some of the wake boat industries best....

IMG_8115.jpgIMG_8116.jpgIMG_8126.jpgIMG_8117.jpgIMG_8118.jpgIMG_8119.jpgIMG_8120.jpgIMG_8121.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
More Supra SE 450 sex....

IMG_8122.jpgIMG_8123.jpgIMG_8124.jpgIMG_8125.jpgIMG_8127.jpgIMG_8128.jpgIMG_8129.jpgIMG_8135.jpgIMG_8136.jpgIMG_8137.jpgIMG_8138.jpgIMG_8139.jpgIMG_8140.jpgIMG_8141.jpgIMG_8142.jpgIMG_8143.jpg

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats! @haknslash
We made the switch this fall. I guarantee you will be grinning every second on and behind the boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks @spatty99 . I was hoping they would have a Helix on the floor so I could crawl around on one and see how it is. Only time I've ever seen one in person was a yellow and gray Helix on my local lake. Can't wait to take the factory tour! Now I need to get serious about shopping around where I'm going to put this beast at. Whether i'm going to do dry rack storage or indoor away from the lake. Both have their pro's and con's.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's one of the hardest parts... I think! :D

For options I'm definitely getting the G6 ballast pump upgrade. Fill/drain times for 3,000 ballast with 6 pumps is around 6 minutes, so not bad waiting times at all! Also opt for Flow 2.0 surf system (comes free with boat show deal), bimini top with 2 surf pockets (I intend to not opt for swivel racks just to keep cost down plus the Max has tons of room to stow boards + use the surf pockets), AutoWake, larger 15x13 surf prop, sub, amps and 2 Rev8 tower speakers, cabin speakers are Wetsounds for 2019 Moombas. I'm excited, nervous and anxious ll at the same time! :D
Ha yeah way too many options for colors when building these boats. My plan is to buy one off the lot. Did you consider that to save money? Seems like you can get a good bit off msrp buying one off the lot or a leftover. Wake boats have became popular and selling very well so I’m hoping there will be a good bit of 1-2 year old boats on the market here soon!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ha yeah way too many options for colors when building these boats. My plan is to buy one off the lot. Did you consider that to save money? Seems like you can get a good bit off msrp buying one off the lot or a leftover. Wake boats have became popular and selling very well so I’m hoping there will be a good bit of 1-2 year old boats on the market here soon!
I considered buying the blue one we were in at the show as I really like the color scheme but the inside I would have done different with the colors, textures and upholstery piping. It also doesn't have G6 ballast or AutoWake but they were cuffing about $5k off the boat compared to the same quote I got on that boat a month or so ago when visiting the dealership. These boats move off the lot and they only have 7 boats being built at different stages during a week. Finding one on the lot that has everything you want or close to it is hard unless you just settle for what they spec' do their boat with. For instance all the boats on lots will have board racks options on them but those can be a pricey option depending on which racks they optioned it with. I'd rather use the bimini surf racks to save money and out that money towards the surf enhancement stuff like G6 ballast, GPS Cruise with Zero Off, AutoWake, etc. The way I see it is if you're going to spend the money might as well spend a little more and get it exactly how you like with what's most important to you.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thoughts on these color and trim renders?

Style 1

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Even my daughter said this was too white including a white rub rail too :D. I tried to get louder color style on the cockpit to offset the stark white exterior.

Style 4

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just curious, was it a brand new MC NXT for 62k?

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just curious, was it a brand new MC NXT for 62k?

--
Yup that’s an NXT20 in the air. MC is running a zero money down and no payments for 90 days offer right now if you’re interested in them. Similar financing attractions that Yamaha likes to offer to easily get people in a boat.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The NXT just didn't tickle my belly as good as Moomba did. They are nice boats but being a crossover hull boat it’s not going to be great at any one specific water sport, which is appealing for some people buying a tow boat if you still like to ski. Kind of like a Yamaha jack of all trades master of none kind of none kind of thing. They remind me of a Yamaha in some regards in the cockpit styling and thought behind the design, only they are v drive and obviously a higher quality build than jet boats. In some areas it feels like MC studied what Yamaha owners like and made a boat for anyone moving to a entry level wake boat or considering it at the least. I considered them at one time but after doing a bit of digging into them and how the wave is, I just didn’t get the same impression of wave capability when really sacked out and the interior just didn’t do it for me. If you’re not looking for a great wake or wake and just want something that’s decent all around wake boat I’m sure they are great boats to own.

Last edited:

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Style 1 Exterior/ Style 2 Interior, but I’m a sucker for blue on boats.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My vote is for #4 and that’s a damn nice looking B52 in your pictures above.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If only there was a close and strong support for MB here. That's really the killer for me with those boats. They look great though!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can't help but to go back and watch some vids of the Max wave this morning now that this is becoming a realization. Not gonna lie it was harder to get to sleep last night :D

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Guys over on the Moomba forum are telling me to stay away from the black or dark graphite on surfaces I'll be sitting on or having my arms resting on. so having to switch it up a little bit. Thoughts on this build?

img (1).jpgimg (2).jpgimg (3).jpgimg.jpg

And then there's taking the cockpit to 11 with this change but I think it would be too loud of a scheme for me over time. Dunno...

img (4).jpg

img (5).jpg