• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My wife loves pontoons but I told her we are a lonnnnng ways from ever going down that road lol. Only way I would own one these days was if it were one of the more modern fiberglass body tritoon and would like dual G2 engines. They are nice but I couldn’t pay what some are asking for them.
My parents bought a pontoon a few years ago, for what they use it for it makes perfect sense, and it's just a 22' with a 60 HP engine. But given what pontoons are, I was till surprised by the price. They serve a purpose, and I'm sure someday, I'll probably figure it's easier to deal with a pontoon than a jet or ski boat, but I've got a good 20-25 years before I would think something like that!

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Thoughts on this G21 from the vdrive guys? Private sell so no taxes, and probably negotiable. It’s been on market for a while.
The guys on the Centurion FB page just had a little debate not too long ago and did not have much good to say about Nautiques waves except for the G23 which was pretty highly praised. Granted that is coming from guys who are pretty die-hard Centurion owners so that for what you will. I would just say test drive it, get it all loaded up with whatever ballast it comes with and judge for yourself, but keep that in the back of your mind so you don't make purchase you may regret. I have never been on one myself.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes demo demo demo!

Only G23 I’ve been on was when I tried to help them dislodge a log stuck in their tracking fin!! We couldn’t budge it so he tried to limp home. Eventually the force of water pulled the whole fin and log out with the lag bolts!! How it didn’t hit the prop I’ll never know.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Some of the guys on the Nautique facebook page said it was a $40,000 option or something crazy like that.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some of the guys on the Nautique facebook page said it was a $40,000 option or something crazy like that.
I remember longing after a Rinker 266BR back in the day (like 10yrs ago). Was a 26ft bowrider with an available Yanmar diesel. I want to say the option price on it was somewhere in the same range.

Wonder what the comparison is on usefull life between a deisel vs gas? Considering most never reach the time for a rebuild on a lake boat (which is what most surf boats are), it's ROI has to be extremeyl long.

I say all that as if ROI on a luxury item is ever really even considered :D

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Heres some footage of the wave and wake. Not as massive as the tricky camera angle Nautique posted lol. Still a big meaty wave. The wakeboard wave looks good.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
on the first video when he drops down in the pocket that wave looks pretty dam massive.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
on the first video when he drops down in the pocket that wave looks pretty dam massive.
It is massive and not trying to discount it. I’m just saying it’s not the ocean sized 5 footer they made it look like in the picture posted earlier. It’s all about angles and they chose to post that pic on purpose for marketing and hype. The reality is the wave is legit but nowhere near as large as they made it seem which is a good thing because that originally looked too big to be in a lake especially a small one.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Happy Halloween everyone! With a cold front coming in with lots of rain I figured I’d go ahead and end the season with the boat. Insurance layup started tomorrow anyways. Going to have it wrapped and stored along with winterize. Bittersweet 42nd birthday today but it’s been an awesome season with the Max and can’t wait for spring!! Freaking poured on me as soon as I got everything out of the boat and I got completely soaked while hooking it up to the truck lol. Sucks the boat got filthy on the drive over but glad to get it in line for the long sleep.

Sniff sniff sleep well MoomBae :arghh:

My salesman told me to pick some swag for swinging by so grabbed a hat to match the boat lol. Looking forward to the boat show in January/Feb time and see some of the new boats!

While there I stopped on the way out to see a 2020 Max with the new Steel Blue flake in person. I like this as a better color than the Brittany Blue flake that came out a few years ago. Not as nice as my ultra blue flake of course :D but still a nice color in person. At certain angles it almost looked a little iridescent like a deep blue violet and other angles more blue. Cool color IMO.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Happy Halloween everyone! With a cold front coming in with lots of rain I figured I’d go ahead and end the season with the boat. Insurance layup started tomorrow anyways. Going to have it wrapped and stored along with winterize. Bittersweet 42nd birthday today but it’s been an awesome season with the Max and can’t wait for spring!! Freaking poured on me as soon as I got everything out of the boat and I got completely soaked while hooking it up to the truck lol. Sucks the boat got filthy on the drive over but glad to get it in line for the long sleep.

Sniff sniff sleep well MoomBae :arghh:

My salesman told me to pick some swag for swinging by so grabbed a hat to match the boat lol. Looking forward to the boat show in January/Feb time and see some of the new boats!

While there I stopped on the way out to see a 2020 Max with the new Steel Blue flake in person. I like this as a better color than the Brittany Blue flake that came out a few years ago. Not as nice as my ultra blue flake of course :D but still a nice color in person. At certain angles it almost looked a little iridescent like a deep blue violet and other angles more blue. Cool color IMO.

That's one thing I will miss about my Yamaha is the ability to take it out on a 75 degree day in December. I guess these boats need to be winterized right? And once done, you would have to re do it all over if you put it in the water on a warm day?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's one thing I will miss about my Yamaha is the ability to take it out on a 75 degree day in December. I guess these boats need to be winterized right? And once done, you would have to re do it all over if you put it in the water on a warm day?
With my Yamaha I usually stopped going out in November since they drop the water levels on the nice lakes so people can do dock maintenance. Yes these boats need to be winterized. A few years ago when my coworker was on his first season of owning a direct drive he thought he drained all of the water from the engine but apparently forgot one or two plugs. After several days of a hard freeze it took its toll on the block. If you store indoors you can get by without winterizing and ride year around if you wanted to. I lost that ability when going to a much larger boat that won't fit in our garage. It's all good since my wife never went boating with me in the winter and I sure as heck don't get in the water once it drops in the low 70's or below. Maybe if I owned a wet suit or dry suit but yea I don't like the cold at all so don't even bother with it. I just don't want to risk cracking the block if we have some freak hard freeze weather come in for several days. It wouldn't be covered under warranty either should something happen because lack of winterizing. Another reason why I stopped at November this year is because I did an insurance lay-up period from November to March to save a few bucks.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With my Yamaha I usually stopped going out in November since they drop the water levels on the nice lakes so people can do dock maintenance. Yes these boats need to be winterized. A few years ago when my coworker was on his first season of owning a direct drive he thought he drained all of the water from the engine but apparently forgot one or two plugs. After several days of a hard freeze it took its toll on the block. If you store indoors you can get by without winterizing and ride year around if you wanted to. I lost that ability when going to a much larger boat that won't fit in our garage. It's all good since my wife never went boating with me in the winter and I sure as heck don't get in the water once it drops in the low 70's or below. Maybe if I owned a wet suit or dry suit but yea I don't like the cold at all so don't even bother with it. I just don't want to risk cracking the block if we have some freak hard freeze weather come in for several days. It wouldn't be covered under warranty either should something happen because lack of winterizing. Another reason why I stopped at November this year is because I did an insurance lay-up period from November to March to save a few bucks.
Makes sense. Boating in the winter is no fun anyways, even if we do get a warm day here or there. I see guys on facebook surfing in freezing water and low temps and that just doesn't look enjoyable at all. Boating is much more enjoyable in hot summer weather.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Heres some footage of the wave and wake. Not as massive as the tricky camera angle Nautique posted lol. Still a big meaty wave. The wakeboard wave looks good.

That Nautique sure does have a large rooster at wakeboard speeds for a prop boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That Nautique sure does have a large rooster at wakeboard speeds for a prop boat.
I noticed that as well. I wonder if it has to do with the way their hull is shaped with the tapered stern corners? Or maybe from the shape of their center plate and how it's much smaller than other wake boat MFG's?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Shaun Murray giving a tour of the new G23 Paragon

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Shaun Murray giving a tour of the new G23 Paragon

That boat is so sick! It looks awesome with the tower/bimini top lowered. My only complaint would be the axis/supreme/atx style windows.