• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash probably something I should know before buying the boat, but can these boats be started out of the water? Is it similar to jets, outboards, etc and run it on a hose? I think you posted a video of yours running at the dealer last year, but maybe I’m thinking of something else. I’m kind of bummed mine has the surf pipe because it’s going cut down on the sweet v8 growl when hammering down. On the other hand avoiding carbon monoxide is the important thing though.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash probably something I should know before buying the boat, but can these boats be started out of the water? Is it similar to jets, outboards, etc and run it on a hose? I think you posted a video of yours running at the dealer last year, but maybe I’m thinking of something else. I’m kind of bummed mine has the surf pipe because it’s going cut down on the sweet v8 growl when hammering down. On the other hand avoiding carbon monoxide is the important thing though.
You have to run it on the hose out of water. Your previous owner may have already installed the Indmar Strainer Pro flush kit which allows to easily flush the boat. If it has one it will be located in the v drive access hatch under the rear sliding bench seat. There are other ways to do it like running the fake-a-lake or removing the hose from the raw water intake and making an adapter hose for it which is what my dealer does (see pic below).

image.jpeg

The surf pipe will cut down on some of the sweet Raptor growl but you'll still hear it enough to enjoy. Just keep an eye on the surf pipe from time to time when washing or inspecting the boat as some people with FAE get a crack, regardless of brand of boat. Surfing behind the boat the rider will love the surf pipe so I'd leave it ;)

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah man it has two JL 10” subs and the 8.8 and 7.7 speakers. They are built in “box pods” too so not free air mounted. I put a a lot of $ in my Yamaha stereo but this boat will need nothing.
Dude that is one pretty boat! I'll keep an eye out for ya if you hit Lanier. Where do you plan on mooring?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I tried a fake-a-lake to warm the engine for an oil change and it was a pain in the ass to crawl under and get a good seal over the intake and then need someone to turn the water on and off for me. I plan to either get the Perko FlushPro for mine or just rig up a tee fitting that I can hook to the hose and use the intake ball valve to stop the hose water from pouring out the intake. I am a little nervous about the FlushPro valve getting clogged up with lake debris so I am leaning towards making my own.

1580134785138.png

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dude that is one pretty boat! I'll keep an eye out for ya if you hit Lanier. Where do you plan on mooring?
Not sure yet. Probably off lake storage on Allatoona for now. It's only about 20-25 minutes from my house. We will be visiting Lanier often though. We have some friends with a house and dock on the north end of the lake.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does that one have the Klipsch interior speakers in it? I am really curious how they compare to JL, Polk, and Wetsounds.
Yes it does, I haven't really had much of a chance to play around with the stereo other than a few minutes in the showroom. The dealership is storing the for me till April as we are still the process of having a shop built which won't be ready till then. So I will have to report back once I get to play around with it a little more then.

I did get a new toy in the mail over the weekend that I'm dying to try out.
Doomswell Neo.jpg

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes it does, I haven't really had much of a chance to play around with the stereo other than a few minutes in the showroom. The dealership is storing the for me till April as we are still the process of having a shop built which won't be ready till then. So I will have to report back once I get to play around with it a little more then.

I did get a new toy in the mail over the weekend that I'm dying to try out.
View attachment 110898
Nice! I look forward to your reviews!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I forgot to post this but this was a little clip during the boat show of the JL Audio system in the SA. Obviously it doesn’t do it justice but listen to it with headphones on or a sub. This thing was slamming and zero distortion!! Kind of spoiled me now when I’ll have to go back to my WetSounds lol. I didn’t record the clip but was outside the boat taking pictures during a sound demo and man the sound just filled the whole area loud and clear. That’s AJ one of the salesman for my dealer and he’s a funny but real cool dude :D

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You have to run it on the hose out of water. Your previous owner may have already installed the Indmar Strainer Pro flush kit which allows to easily flush the boat. If it has one it will be located in the v drive access hatch under the rear sliding bench seat. There are other ways to do it like running the fake-a-lake or removing the hose from the raw water intake and making an adapter hose for it which is what my dealer does (see pic below).

View attachment 110874

The surf pipe will cut down on some of the sweet Raptor growl but you'll still hear it enough to enjoy. Just keep an eye on the surf pipe from time to time when washing or inspecting the boat as some people with FAE get a crack, regardless of brand of boat. Surfing behind the boat the rider will love the surf pipe so I'd leave it ;)

Looks like it already has fitting to hook hose to from factory according to the manual.

2020-01-27_13-54-28.jpg

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I forgot to post this but this was a little clip during the boat show of the JL Audio system in the SA. Obviously it doesn’t do it justice but listen to it with headphones on or a sub. This thing was slamming and zero distortion!! Kind of spoiled me now when I’ll have to go back to my WetSounds lol. I didn’t record the clip but was outside the boat taking pictures during a sound demo and man the sound just filled the whole area loud and clear. That’s AJ one of the salesman for my dealer and he’s a funny but real cool dude :D

haha well new audio components are cheaper than a new boat. I made my 242 sound pretty damn good by replacing and adding JL gear. I was actually worried about the new boat because it only has two speakers in the main cab area. Granted they are he JL 8.8's so they are pretty big and put out enough sound along with the dash tweeters and JL 8.8 tower speakers. Can't wait to get it on the water and play with it when not around other people to bother.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had a thought today. I was able to save my Yamaha that one fateful day when I failed to install the drain plugs. I just happened to think about it and between kicking the bilge pump on and the plastic plugs always hanging there, I was able to jump overboard, get them installed, and save the day. If that happened on this boat it has the auto bilge pump, but it could be a long ass time before I realize that I forgot the plugs and if the pump failed, I probably wouldn't know it until it was too late. So I think I am going to install a bilge alarm so that I at least know that I am taking on water, which I am a little surprised isn't standard equipment. There are so many through-hull fittings on mine between the 6 ballast pump pick-ups, engine water, two drain plugs, prop shaft, rudder, and under water lights that is is a scary possibility that something fails as things age (including my brain)(most likely my brain).

It looks like I can get it done for under $30 and some primary wire robbed from the office. Here are the parts for anybody else concerned.

Attwood 4202-7 Automatic Float Switch
Amazon.com : Attwood 4202-7 Automatic Float Switch : Boating Bilge Pumps : Sports & Outdoors

GBSTORE 2 Pcs DC 9-15V Active Piezo Electronic Buzzer Alarm
Amazon.com: GBSTORE 2 Pcs DC 9-15V Active Piezo Electronic Buzzer Alarm: Industrial & Scientific

And if necessary, a time delay switch to prevent it from going off if the switch is easily manipulated by coming down from large waves:
HiLetgo NE555 DC 12V Delay Timer Switch Adjustable Module 0 to 10 Second
Amazon.com: HiLetgo NE555 DC 12V Delay Timer Switch Adjustable Module 0 to 10 Second: Home Audio & Theater

I am also going to install one of these Groco engine flush fittings that doubles as an emergency bilge pump by pulling the bilge water through the engine:

1580224719363.png

1580224744251.png

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I have to admit I jumped into this purchase a little fast as I wasn't really planning to purchase a wakeboard boat for another year or two. I started looking at the boat & trailer weight with fuel is coming in at over 6,000 lbs, which is more then double my AR195. Curious how much of difference towing is at that weight?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I have to admit I jumped into this purchase a little fast as I wasn't really planning to purchase a wakeboard boat for another year or two. I started looking at the boat & trailer weight with fuel is coming in at over 6,000 lbs, which is more then double my AR195. Curious how much of difference towing is at that weight?
It depends but honestly my Moomba pulls better than my AR192 did. Yea it's heavier but it pulls better, more solid and smoother, Hard to explain. What do you tow with? If it's a 1/2 ton truck you'll be fine. Mastercraft makes their own trailers for each boat so I'm sure it's a nice and solid trailer.

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Agree with @haknslash. My boat is 7,200lbs dry on trailer. Prob close to 7,800lbs wet. I pulled it 200 miles this past weekend with my F-150 no problem at all. It pulled really easy and to me easier than my 242 did. What do you tow with?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Agree with @haknslash. My boat is 7,200lbs dry on trailer. Prob close to 7,800lbs wet. I pulled it 200 miles this past weekend with my F-150 no problem at all. It pulled really easy and to me easier than my 242 did. What do you tow with?
i have a Chevy Tahoe with the 5.7 which is on the same frame as the 1500. I’m glad to hear you both have had good experiences. I would assume the MasterCraft trailers are fairly close to the boat mate trailers.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You'll be fine with the Tahoe. Just double check your hitch capacity though to see what it's rated at. How far do you tow? You may want to hop on the Mastercraft Team Talk forums to see what others are towing with and you may find someone with same vehicle giving their opinions how it pulls. I have an older 5.4 F150 and it pulls the boat. She doesn't like big, long, steep hills but she conquers them and gets me to the lake. The MC trailers look well built and honestly at first glance could pass for a Boatmate IMO lol. I'm sure they are built well and ride good. You'll be surprised coming from the Shorelandr that i'm sure of!

Last edited:

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think you'll be just fine. My boat dry weight is 4200 so only about 100lb less and my trailer is really frickin' heavy! I have a Ram 1500 with a 5.7 and it has the 3.21 highway gears in it at the axles which limits my towing capacity to 8,200lbs. I do have an 8-speed trans though and that makes a big difference. It does just fine towing it, but I wouldn't want to pull much more than that. The double axle really smooths things out too, but I do miss my single axle for being able to make tight maneuvers. That double axle will really fight you if you try to push a tight turn.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I haven’t had any issue in tight turns or it fighting me. Interesting to hear this. I have to do a 90 degree turn into my parents driveway and have had to back her out of busy gas station messes but can’t recall the trailer fighting me. If anything I find it easier to control it getting out of shape going in reverse down the ramp due to the longer length compared to my 192 trailer. That being said yea once you got used to the single axle trailer you could whip that thing wherever you wanted to put it. Just had to be quick to react or go slow when backing down a ramp. I do wish I had a backup camera on the trailer because I can’t see jack back around this big ass boat lol.

Last edited:

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I haven’t had any issue in tight turns or it fighting me. Interesting to hear this. I have to do a 90 degree turn into my parents driveway and have had to back her out of busy gas station messes but can’t recall the trailer fighting me. If anything I find it easier to control it getting out of shape going in reverse down the ramp due to the longer length compared to my 192 trailer. That being said yea once you got used to the single axle trailer you could whip that thing wherever you wanted to put it. Just had to be quick to react or go slow when backing down a ramp. I do wish I had a backup camera on the trailer because I can’t see jack back around this big ass boat lol.
I have tight reverse turn into my short driveway and once you start getting closer I get to that 90 degrees it starts to put a good amount of sideways pressure on the front tires for my trailer. I also have a decent amount of uphill angle and I don't know how much making that maneuver while pushing it up hill has to do with it. I've had issues unhitching my trailer because there gets to be so much sideways pressure of the tires pushing back that if I don't straighten the truck/trailer out before parking it that the ball doesn't want to drop out and the truck gets jacked up with the trailer. I wonder how much further back your axles are than mine. I am guessing that would help but I can't imagine that if the difference in boat length of 1.5' equals the difference in axle placement that it would make loads of difference.

I totally agree that backing up is much less squirrely going in reverse. If you ever want to go piss yourself off, go back up a jet ski trailer after being used to a long boat trailer. God damn those things go sideways fast.