• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The 2019 Moomba lineup is out and I like the new colors and graphics. The new boat is called the Makai. It's a huge 24'5" boat that looks like Mojo and Max mixed together! That's a lot of wake boat for the money!

Someone already bought one that is fully loaded out $106k and took a bunch of pics here https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?31747-New-for-2019/page17. Digging the green flake and gray. All subfloor ballast so you keep your storage compartments. Rear lockers look small but instead of bags I'd throw lead in there so you could still have storage space. Nice little details sprinkled throughout the cockpit. Side tow points on the tower are nice!

https://www.moomba.com/2019-updates

image.png image.png
image.jpeg

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ve been following the moomba release also and it’s a nice boat. It’s huge though! I really like the Craz Pro. I wished it had a wider Bow area though, but it seems like a good size boat. The side tow points are a great idea for surfing. I really like the new towers on the whole line up.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saw a Max in the wild a couple days ago on the trailer. What a nice looking boat. I gotta start saving my pennies.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ve been following the moomba release also and it’s a nice boat. It’s huge though! I really like the Craz Pro. I wished it had a wider Bow area though, but it seems like a good size boat. The side tow points are a great idea for surfing. I really like the new towers on the whole line up.
Yea it's freaking massive!! I'd have no use for a boat that big but damn it's pretty cool lol. Wake9 got to do a demo of it while they did their summer wave tour. He'll be putting out the review video real soon. He said it has a similar wave to the Supra SE. Not quite the level of his SL but close. He was really impressed with it. Until the review video is up he put out a little teaser vid. Look at how wide the bow is in the aerial shots and how much space those people have!!! This boat really does remind me of a Max and Mojo Pro mixed together at birth and out popped a Makai lol.

'

Stock wave looks great!!

image.jpeg image.png

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It’s a lot of boat for the $ compared to other manufacturers. Moomba is starting to creep up on price, but looks like they are stepping up their quality also. I would give my left nut to have a Supra SL. The hull, styling and everything is awesome but well equipped it’s pushing $140k. I know they can be had for cheaper but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to justify having that much $ tied up in a boat that use half a year and 3-4 times a month during that half.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes the price is high for the premium boat brands. No way I could ever afford one a new one lol. IMO Moomba has really been stepping it up these past few years. They make one of the best "budget' wake boats for the money IMO. A lot of thought goes into their design compared to Axis or other budget brands. Lots of little details you don't notice until you're inside the boat looking it over. The personally love the minimalist but wiiiiide spacious layout of the Max, Helix and now Makai. The offset dash is such a nice thing to have on a wake boat where the bow is going to ride high when doing wake sports. You don't feel like you have to sit in the bolster all the time because you have a great line of sight out ahead without all that dash and instrumentation blocking your view.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Makai looks very spacious, and starting under $80k is a nice touch. Still quite spendy for my budget, but a nice boat none-the-less. There really is quite a bit of tech and engineering in these things, so I can see where the money goes.

Wonder what used prices and quality will be like in 5 years or so?!?!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is below MSRP of 242X, isn't it? lol
It will be for 2019, guaranteed.
upload_2018-7-20_12-32-31.png

I like my Yamaha. But... my situation is different than most, as I spend over 50% of my boating time in a shallow river. If I was on a lake? - I honestly have no idea who would want to buy a 242X... To surf...

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay, one can use Yamaha for surfing, it takes a lot of tweaking though...
upload_2018-7-20_12-41-23.pngupload_2018-7-20_12-41-28.png

I guess my point is, I'm way over 70k in my AR240 with all the mods (half of which did not work, lol) which I could never get back. It is fun though, it's like making your own boat.

EDIT: All @jcyamaharider stuff works. Bless his heart!!! lol

--

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like my Yamaha............. I honestly have no idea who would want to buy a 242X... To surf...

--
I'm not sure I completely "get" surfing just yet. I'm rarely in water less that 10ft deep. I'm not sure I could justify a 242X over a dedicated wake boat either.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Okay, one can use Yamaha for surfing, it takes a lot of tweaking though...
View attachment 79399View attachment 79400

I guess my point is, I'm way over 70k in my AR240 with all the mods (half of which did not work, lol) which I could never get back. It is fun though, it's like making your own boat.

EDIT: All @jcyamaharider stuff works. Bless his heart!!! lol

--
Don’t see any bags laying around on that moomba lol! The Yamaha is making a nice curl but I the wake Boat wave looks like it is angeled put away from that boat more. Not sure of the lingo but I think it gives more push.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don’t see any bags laying around on that moomba lol! The Yamaha is making a nice curl but I the wake Boat wave looks like it is angeled put away from that boat more. Not sure of the lingo but I think it gives more push.
Of course. That Makai is about twice the displacement of a 240 and has a flat hull at the stern - the "push" of that wake is seriously robust. Yamaha is a light weight in every respect - at under 22 foot as far as hull length, the rest is the swim deck.
I was actually surprised there is any similarity of the wave - looking at those pics! Doesn't help mine was taken with an iphone, vs professional photography of the moomba.

--

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Of course. That Makai is about twice the displacement of a 240 and has a flat hull at the stern - the "push" of that wake is seriously robust. Yamaha is a light weight in every respect - at under 22 foot as far as hull length, the rest is the swim deck.
I was actually surprised there is any similarity of the wave - looking at those pics! Doesn't help mine was taken with an iphone, vs professional photography of the moomba.

--
Camera angle makes a big difference too. Looks like the camera is much lower in the Moomba pic. I’m still a firm believer the Yamaha is a better all around boat. It’s faster, rides pretty decent, can do water sports with a few mods, great for hanging out on swim platform, etc, but if you’re main objective is to surf and wakeboard then a true wake Boat is the way to go.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am loving the new gel coat scheme and graphics for the 2019 Max. I'm glad the white front is gone as that IMO made the front look kind of bloated for such a wide boxy looking boat. Not super hot on the model name cut into the Gatorstep but it sure beats the white front of the 2018's. That was one of my little nitpicks I never liked about the 2018 Max.

front angle sill1.jpg

front angle running.jpg

autowave.jpg

bow top view.jpg

front angle sill.jpg

optional g6 ballast.jpg

standard a3 tower rear angle.jpg

standard g3 ballast.jpg

rear angle.jpg

Attachments

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, that would have to go first thing. Looks cheesy

2018-07-25_9-35-25.png

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Today is the day for the announcement of the 2019 Supra lineup. Not that I could ever afford one but there are supposed to be some huge changes this year. Skiers Choice has been knocking it of the park the past few years with Moomba and Supra so I'm excited to see what's in store. All I know is I love the look of the new screen. Reminds me of Tron! :winkingthumbsup"

IMG_9850.JPG

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How come chicks never lay round like that on my boat? Maybe I should've been in marketing after all?!?!?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can be yours starting at $142,800!

2018-07-26_14-38-12.png

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That is a sweet dash!

2018-07-26_14-40-36.png

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cheese and ride these things are getting out of hand.

I still want one just to be clear.