• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Mondo uses up a lot of storage to get 3700lbs of factory ballast.

Here's what I put a deposit down on today, fits our needs perfectly, wanted a dual axle trailer but it would make it too tall to for my garage and it was an extra 3500.00. I have to wait for them to order and install a few things that I had them throw in for free. Our boating season is done and I was going to wait until spring to take delivery but
they are going to winterize it at no cost and I'm going to bring it home so I can start my stereo build. I was originally going to order a boat but after spending hours on the build we didn't feel there was anything we liked better than this, especially since we wanted the black top deck. I'll have to go bring the boat back in the spring so they can go through an official delivery that they said takes about 4 hours since the salesman and the service manager both go over the bost with you.

20200917_154837.jpg20200910_123506.jpg20200910_123111.jpg20200910_123104.jpg20200910_123103.jpg

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Gorgeous! You are going to enjoy the heck out of that. Welcome to the V-Drive world. By the way - super cool to see a wood swim platform! I have toyed with the idea of building one for my MB.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash I keep checking the Moomba site each day to see if they’ve released the 2021 Mojo you mentioned. Super interested to see how it looks.
The new site is up today but no mention of the new Mojo. Guess it will be announced a little later. It shares the same lines and layout as the new Mondo, Kaiyen and Makai. It’s basically a foot shorter version of the Makai from what everyone has said so far.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking good @ripler amd welcome to vdrive ownership! Gotta love that teak swimdeck. Need to get some Exile fenders for your new toy before next season. I cringed a little seeing it up next to the dock like that lol! Congrats again!!!

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking good @ripler amd welcome to vdrive ownership! Gotta love that teak swimdeck. Need to get some Exile fenders for your new toy before next season. I cringed a little seeing it up next to the dock like that lol! Congrats again!!!
That pic was during the demo and I only let it go long enough to take the pic, it never touched the dock I promise. I think Mastercraft may be the only one still offering a teak platform.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That pic was during the demo and I only let it go long enough to take the pic, it never touched the dock I promise. I think Mastercraft may be the only one still offering a teak platform.
I'm not sure who all still offers a teak swim platform. MC might be the only ones still offering it. I like them because they look stylish, durable and have a throwback look to how a lot of tow boats came back in the day.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The awesome thing about teak platforms is that you can rebuild them. Gelcoated fiberglass (or painted plastic) platforms eventually fade from the sun and can't reasonably be fixed. Also, teak platforms allow you to screw a ladder into them, which is awesome. Plus, they're beautiful when properly maintained. Man.....I want one.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Mondo uses up a lot of storage to get 3700lbs of factory ballast.

Here's what I put a deposit down on today, fits our needs perfectly, wanted a dual axle trailer but it would make it too tall to for my garage and it was an extra 3500.00. I have to wait for them to order and install a few things that I had them throw in for free. Our boating season is done and I was going to wait until spring to take delivery but
they are going to winterize it at no cost and I'm going to bring it home so I can start my stereo build. I was originally going to order a boat but after spending hours on the build we didn't feel there was anything we liked better than this, especially since we wanted the black top deck. I'll have to go bring the boat back in the spring so they can go through an official delivery that they said takes about 4 hours since the salesman and the service manager both go over the bost with you.

View attachment 133737View attachment 133738View attachment 133739View attachment 133740View attachment 133741
Congratulations! That's a gorgeous boat, I'm sure you'll love it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Made a short montage from summer trips this year. Only a few months left and it makes me sad. Hoping the lake doesn’t have a lot of debris on Sunday from Sally rolling through this week. My parents were riding it out at a Perdido Key in their travel trailer during the hurricane and it’s destroyed down there!

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Short video of the NXT20 surf wave. We had all ballast full, factory surf settings and 3 on board. I'm no wave expert, so i can't form an opinion on whether this is good or bad wave. The salesman said Mastercraft figure 4 people on board when designing their surf waves so we will be adding 300lbs of additional steel shot bags and the factory bags can be upgraded if needed. I'm not taking delivery of the boat until spring, so I'm going to buy the additional ballast for when we do our delivery walk-through and have the dealer help me dial it in.
With the 6.0L engine in a 20ft boat this thing goes like hell.

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Short video of the NXT20 surf wave. We had all ballast full, factory surf settings and 3 on board. I'm no wave expert, so i can't form an opinion on whether this is good or bad wave. The salesman said Mastercraft figure 4 people on board when designing their surf waves so we will be adding 300lbs of additional steel shot bags and the factory bags can be upgraded if needed. I'm not taking delivery of the boat until spring, so I'm going to buy the additional ballast for when we do our delivery walk-through and have the dealer help me dial it in.
With the 6.0L engine in a 20ft boat this thing goes like hell.

Not so much about how it looks but more about how it rides. How much ballast and what size boat is that?

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not so much about how it looks but more about how it rides. How much ballast and what size boat is that?
About 1800lbs factory ballast, 20' boat factory surf settings. We didn't play with any settings, so when i go back for delivery they are going to show me how to dial it in.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Darth Vader would certainly approve!! Congrats!!!

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
About 1800lbs factory ballast, 20' boat factory surf settings. We didn't play with any settings, so when i go back for delivery they are going to show me how to dial it in.
The wave looks good but as was said, you really can't know until you ride it. Don't be surprised or dismayed if you end up wanting to put in considerably more weight. Your boat may not need it, but in my experience weight in the boat = power in the wave, which can be hard to see. We run typically around 5,000 lbs of ballast in our 22 foot MB. If we get under about 3,000 lbs the wave still looks good but, for lack of a better term, is just much "softer".

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks! Now the long 7 month wait! That’s ok, it’ll give me time to save to pay for it!

Went with the tan interior:

06A8F225-648F-402C-8702-427163BC0684.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yesterday my dealer's VP called me to ask a favor if I would be willing to let them demo my Max to a customer that is wondering how it drives and such. They said they would throw in a winterization or whatever I'm interested in. Times are tough right now for boat dealers with this unprecedented supply and demand. All boats are pretty much spoken for and its crazy times! I obliged and will chill on their demo with the customer in a few weeks. I can sympathize how it must be for someone boat shopping with no way to crawl over the boats much less have one available for a demo.

Ironic the tan interior is mentioned again. I was playing around on the Supra builder the other night creating this SA. It has a sort of Beach Boys or Woody type vibe to it IMO. I know it's not for everyone but I dig it. Not that I could afford an SA along with new house hunting but in a few years I hope to get one someday.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Whatever you design you better make sure it make so it's not so personalized that you can't sell it down the road. This boat was at a dealership I visited, it was a customer ordered boat and he is a University of Michigan fan. This thing was ugly.

Screenshot_20200920-082300_Chrome.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Eww yea clearly a Wolverines fan!!