• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
New wake9 video of the Kaiyen and how they dialed it in to their liking.

I might have to hit up the local dealer for a demo, just because it would be fun to compare it to my boat. The Kaiyen has 6", 300lb more boat weight, and 200 lb more ballast weight than I have in mine. I could easily compensate the weight with a few bodies in mine so it would be a great comparison of the hull differences. It's probably a good thing that tower doesn't fold very low or I would have to piss my wife off with another round of boat shopping. The only thing I am not in love with on that boat is the duck-bill bow design. Every boat has to have something...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The size of this beast is unreal!!

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We looked at a 21 ATX20 yesterday...unfortunately it was pouring rain out so I wasn’t interested in a demo ride (even though the salesman was willing). I was impressed with the size for a 20’ boat. Quality seemed good for a budget wakeboard boat. Obviously there were some cost savings with the ATX design such as soft ballast bags (versus hard tanks) seat cushions not hinged and the vinyl does not have fancy patterns, ..etc. In addition we really like the dealer (which may push the final decision to buy the ATX). They have been great to work with and very transparent with the pricing.

We still plan on looking at the Moomba Max.

Here are a few pics:
B872511F-5DFE-469C-B922-4DDE7957DF7C.jpeg083C7FB1-FBC6-4454-B8FD-F65C9CBCC28C.jpeg5C2EA8E5-F2E0-4B86-B7B8-46524E3CF9A9.jpeg3F001F6B-2D3C-4F4D-BC0F-4BA57B46333B.jpegAC3BC4AA-30FA-4464-AB46-17635FD4475D.jpegFC9E80EC-DB83-4003-96E7-D2C8599C21BA.jpegE6BBE518-BD34-4D37-8C9B-8EAC85B460E0.jpeg961BA54B-FA0C-4DDF-B96E-C50C23669EA3.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks pretty sharp and better than other pics I've seen. Are those GSA tabs or their own? That window just seems strange to me without the side but I know this a thing on Axis and other brands. Our waters get pretty rough so I would worry how long it could support s big hit or jolt over the years, is that glass or plexi on the sides of it? The bimini looks like it would offer some good rear shade if it extends back kind of how the Yamaha's did.

Last edited:

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm sure that's the case. When boat manufacturers use it, they almost always rebrand it under their own name, It is a good system, whatever it gets called.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

I hate to be a Karen, but I wonder how far they will keep going to outdo the next brand in size and weight. I can see these being dangerous to smaller boats. Of course it is up to the driver to manage their wake, stay away from shorelines/marinas, but when a wake of this size comes into play, it could be hazardous to try to navigate around a boat like this fully loaded as surf speed. Hopefully these boats will be kept on larger lakes, but I know there will be some assholes that put these on some of our smaller MN lakes, because they can. It definitely won't help our fight against the wake boat ban fans.

On another note, they need to get somebody better to do the walk-throughs or change up her script. She always says the same thing twice just to make sure us stupid people understand.

Last edited:

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We looked at a 21 ATX20 yesterday...unfortunately it was pouring rain out so I wasn’t interested in a demo ride (even though the salesman was willing). I was impressed with the size for a 20’ boat. Quality seemed good for a budget wakeboard boat. Obviously there were some cost savings with the ATX design such as soft ballast bags (versus hard tanks) seat cushions not hinged and the vinyl does not have fancy patterns, ..etc. In addition we really like the dealer (which may push the final decision to buy the ATX). They have been great to work with and very transparent with the pricing.

We still plan on looking at the Moomba Max.

Here are a few pics:
View attachment 133329View attachment 133330View attachment 133331View attachment 133332View attachment 133333View attachment 133334View attachment 133335View attachment 133336
I love that they designed a bimini that looks like it covers the majority of the cockpit and doesn't require you to remove it to achieve a folded windshield height level, but it looks like they didn't deal with the board racks. The lack of some simple, smart engineering with hese $100k boats annoys me. My last boat, the tower rested on the windshield frame and the bimini and board racks needed to be removed to get under an 8' door. My current boat I also need to remove the board racks, bimini, and a rear bimini support bar, but I was at least able make some quick release brackets for the board racks and rear bar. If I can design and implement those fixes in my garage, they should be getting it done from the factory.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

How the insane is that?! I know they picked a shorter girl for that video, but still, that thing is BEAST! Love the front looks of it. I didn't watch the video long enough to get any specs on draft height, but I'd imagine that this thing is starting to bottom out in 2.5-3' of water.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How the insane is that?! I know they picked a shorter girl for that video, but still, that thing is BEAST! Love the front looks of it. I didn't watch the video long enough to get any specs on draft height, but I'd imagine that this thing is starting to bottom out in 2.5-3' of water.
It's the same hull as the rest of the Ri lineup, just lengthened and tweaked, but it's a deep-V with a 16" prop so she needs over 36" to play safely. My 21' Supreme needs 32". You gotta pay for that rough water ride quality somewhere and it sucks when water levels are low. It definitely makes me appreciate and miss the jet drive.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It's the same hull as the rest of the Ri lineup, just lengthened and tweaked, but it's a deep-V with a 16" prop so she needs over 36" to play safely. My 21' Supreme needs 32". You gotta pay for that rough water ride quality somewhere and it sucks when water levels are low. It definitely makes me appreciate and miss the jet drive.
That's one of the things that has been a red light for me when looking at a vdrive is the shallow water abilities. We're in 5' - 8' during "normal boating" times, deeper when we travel. Lots of stumps and hidden objects too - knowing those props are $600+ per... eeks.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's one of the things that has been a red light for me when looking at a vdrive is the shallow water abilities. We're in 5' - 8' during "normal boating" times, deeper when we travel. Lots of stumps and hidden objects too - knowing those props are $600+ per... eeks.
5’-8’ of water is a no go for any boat because you need at minimum 15’ water depth to form a good wave.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

We still plan on looking at the Moomba Max
Interested to hear your thoughts on the Moomba vs ATX. We are planning on looking at the Max, ('21 redesigned) Mojo and the ATX 22s.

Talked with the local dealer, the new Mojo seems like its going to be get the taller free boards, hinged seats, 4k ballast, the pro tower is now an option from the Makai. He also said the Helix is gone and the Mondo is is replacing it for the 20' section. The new Mojo and Mondo will be the same other than length.

Here is the only one he knew of that had pictures up. Moomba Mondo 2021 – SouthTown Watersports

Last edited:

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@haknslash I keep checking the Moomba site each day to see if they’ve released the 2021 Mojo you mentioned. Super interested to see how it looks.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash I keep checking the Moomba site each day to see if they’ve released the 2021 Mojo you mentioned. Super interested to see how it looks.
per my sales guy it’sjust a longer mondo.He sent me a video of the waves it throws off that he got. Looks great for Stock ballast with no lead.

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
per my sales guy it’sjust a longer mondo.He sent me a video of the waves it throws off that he got. Looks great for Stock ballast with no lead.
Huh... I went and looked at the site. I didn’t recall seeing a Mondo. Looks like they dropped the Mondo after the 2019 model year.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Huh... I went and looked at the site. I didn’t recall seeing a Mondo. Looks like they dropped the Mondo after the 2019 model year.
they brought it back for 2021 and canned the helix. Check out the link I posted a couple posts up. They seem to be pretty far behind with updating the builder.

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We looked at the Monda. Way too small and the trailer only has one axle. Yuck. Looked at the max but everyone has a Max. Didnt like Axis. Natique was too much. Supra was like $150K. So bought a Craz for the normal Bow.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am going to look at a Moomba Max Saturday...need to decide between a ATX and Max. Decisions...decisions...Originally I was leaning towards the ATX but now thinking Max!