• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good walk around video of the 2021 Makai. The new Mojo which will be another mini-Makai variant sized in between the Kaiyen and Makai will be announced this month.

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good walk around video of the 2021 Makai. The new Mojo which will be another mini-Makai variant sized in between the Kaiyen and Makai will be announced this month.

Thanks for sharing! I’m interested to watch the video and super excited to hear about the new Mojo. The Makai seemed to big for us. Seems like a Mojo will be in the wake surfing wave sweet spot.

I’m starting my (long) process of upgrading to a wake boat. The plan is to demo boats and scope out dealers next summer and put in a build order to be ready for the 2022 season. Moomba and MB are my two leading candidates - seem like the right mix of build quality, massive surf wave and price. I’m sure we’ll check out other brands too. I was pleased to find out we have 2 MB dealers near me in Michigan (one is 40 minutes away the other is 1.5 hours).

You and @OrangeTJ should expect some questions over the coming months :)

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are struggling to decide on a color..but leaning towards all black. I will likely finalize our build next week when Moomba has the new 2021 build design on their web page. A decent optioned Max came in the low 70’s (after dealer discount).

We are also taking a look at an ATX 20 this weekend, unless that boat blows us away, we will go with the Max.

W04E774FE-497F-47EF-8C6A-3B89F9D966C9.jpeg

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That all black is pretty slick.

...Plus, leaves the option open if you ever decide to become a supervillain.

What are you planning to do for the interior? I worry about dark interiors getting burning hot in the summer sun.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That all black would look pretty sweet. Mitch on the Moomba forums recently showed off his all gray debadged 2021 Max and he's right that thing does look like a military battleship lol.

A friend of mine just had his 2021 Max arrive. He did black cherry flake and black. His interior is dark and light graphite and I told him that it would likely get pretty toasty in the middle of summer but he didn't care and wanted the dark look lol. My light graphite gets pretty warm so can't imagine going darker lol. The dark interior looks great with his boat though.

Have fun guys in your new boat shopping. Those are FUn times for sure!!!

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.pngimage.png

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am still undecided on the interior- tan or light gray. I really like the tan, but feel like it could age quickly and reduce future buyers. The gray is will never go out of style..

What do you guys think?

8FFC2748-53ED-44A4-84C1-CA734F92D14C.jpeg3EED89E1-D01B-4E16-BAA5-FE20FA140EDB.jpeg

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’d lean towards the light grey. I like the tan, but it is a lot in that configuration. I’d want something to break up the uniform color in some spots.

What about getting tan flooring with the grey upholstery? I bet that would look pretty sweet.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm still on the fence when it comes to tan interiors. They look nice in most cases but I'm just not sure if I would get it because I used to have tan interior on my cars and sort of grew out of that.

That being said I think if you do the tan interior you kind of need to also do the tan Gatorstep to sort of pull it all together with either the white or platinum gel color. Here's some ideas:

img.jpg

img (1).jpg

img (2).jpg

img (3).jpg

img (4).jpg

img (5).jpg

Same as above except with white gel instead of platinum....

img (6).jpg

img (7).jpg

I kind of dig this look....

img (8).jpg

img (9).jpg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I was looking at ATX boats (the Toyota to the Tige Lexus brand) - what are general thoughts on these? It seems that, if you don't need a ton of luxury, you can get a pretty bad ass boat for around 70k.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is Mitch's "BattleMax". He did mostly light graphite interior with the honey diamante accent. Also a good pic of the ported subwoofer box in the helm they now come with instead of the free air sub above your feet / below the dash.

804820c881ea61d4f422ea0c8a54bb94.jpg

118942120_10224655686121826_3893340402791282025_n.jpg

118862471_10224655684441784_3849816698879836156_n.jpg

118884103_10224655685841819_7563057008848046083_n.jpg

118897008_10224655685281805_3303942469106725808_n.jpg

118917365_10224655682361732_2021684442836737427_n.jpg

118944590_10224655685041799_288915557683420595_n.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was looking at ATX boats (the Toyota to the Tige Lexus brand) - what are general thoughts on these? It seems that, if you don't need a ton of luxury, you can get a pretty bad ass boat for around 70k.
I haven't seen one in person since there is not a big Tige / ATX dealership network in my state. From the reviews I've read on FB and social media the wave is pretty good but the quality, fit and overall finish is very budget for the money they're asking. More budget than other boats in its competition price range. I'm not a fan of the tower. I'd like to see one in person but the comments about the quality being sort of subpar makes me think I wouldn't care for it. If you have Tige / ATX support in your area go check them out in person and take some pics. I haven't seen one in person so it's hard for me to really give me opinion other than what I can see from online pics and what others post about them. If you like them that is all that matters!

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tige basically took their R series which was their value series and turned it into another brand ATX, so I think that leaves Mastercraft as the only company willing to have the Mastercraft name on their value boats.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I do like the looks of the Tan accents, versus all tan interior.

Part of me wishes Moomba had their own pre-determined colors like Yamaha so I didn’t have so many choices ( meaning I will only have myself to blame for the color combos I select...lol).

I don’t need to finalize the colors until the month of the build (March 2021) and so I have plenty of time.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I haven't seen one in person since there is not a big Tige / ATX dealership network in my state. From the reviews I've read on FB and social media the wave is pretty good but the quality, fit and overall finish is very budget for the money they're asking. More budget than other boats in its competition price range. I'm not a fan of the tower. I'd like to see one in person but the comments about the quality being sort of subpar makes me think I wouldn't care for it. If you have Tige / ATX support in your area go check them out in person and take some pics. I haven't seen one in person so it's hard for me to really give me opinion other than what I can see from online pics and what others post about them. If you like them that is all that matters!
Yes, agreed with everything above. I am excited to see the ATX in person-

Price wise- I can get the ATX 20 nicely equipped for slightly less than a nicely equipped Moomba Max. Of course comparing the 20’ to a 22’. Hands down the Max is the best bargain out there.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, agreed with everything above. I am excited to see the ATX in person-

Price wise- I can get the ATX 20 nicely equipped for slightly less than a nicely equipped Moomba Max. Of course comparing the 20’ to a 22’. Hands down the Max is the best bargain out there.
I agree the MAX has a lot for the price, but it's only a bargain if you have a place to store that beast. If I had a place to store it I would have bought one a few weeks ago.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure what storage prices are in your area but I pay $150 a month for 14’ x 40’ enclosed unit with I don’t know how tall roll up door. Taller enough we never have to lower or raise the tower. When we were first shopping I was looking for boats that would fit in my garage but there wasn’t much out there not only 7’ garage door opening but also we only have a 20’ deep garage so it wasn’t going to work out and didn’t want to sacrifice boat options in the end. We stored at my parents house last year until I could find a place and now we don’t even have to tow 1.5 hours anymore which it was cheaper to get a storage unit per month than what I was spending in gas for the truck to tow the big girl.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I do like the looks of the Tan accents, versus all tan interior.

Part of me wishes Moomba had their own pre-determined colors like Yamaha so I didn’t have so many choices ( meaning I will only have myself to blame for the color combos I select...lol).

I don’t need to finalize the colors until the month of the build (March 2021) and so I have plenty of time.
Haha Inhear ya but nah you want that custom build option. It is the hardest part of the process (aside from waiting lol) and we waffled 2 or 3 times on colors with the dealer just before my spray date. I thought he was going to kill me when I would call and switch up colors or gel options lol. In the end it’s so much worth it knowing you spec it out like you wanted. I agree the tan accents may be just enough without going full on tan.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure what storage prices are in your area but I pay $150 a month for 14’ x 40’ enclosed unit with I don’t know how tall roll up door. Taller enough we never have to lower or raise the tower. When we were first shopping I was looking for boats that would fit in my garage but there wasn’t much out there not only 7’ garage door opening but also we only have a 20’ deep garage so it wasn’t going to work out and didn’t want to sacrifice boat options in the end. We stored at my parents house last year until I could find a place and now we don’t even have to tow 1.5 hours anymore which it was cheaper to get a storage unit per month than what I was spending in gas for the truck to tow the big girl.
I can't get anything near that size here, hell I can't even find anything with more than a 7' door. I also got rid of my full sized pickup in favor of a Jeep Gladiator that has a 7K pound tow rating so I'm limited. I will not store my boat outside, so it has to fit in my garage.

I'm going to demo this tomorrow just to see how it handles and to see what it can do with stock ballast. If i like this in person I may buy it, if not we are going to order one

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The nice thing about the 20' wake boats aside from easier to stow and tow is they don't need near as much ballast to make a wave as the larger boats do. The wave length won't be as long per a given mph but you can always lengthen it by adding some speed. Have fun on your demo and take some pics and vids if you can @ripler ! If it's just you and the salesman see if they have some lead to take with you to simulate what it might be like with your crew size/weight. My dealer also sells MC and I like the changes they did to the NXT interior and dash on the newer models.

Last edited:

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing! I’m interested to watch the video and super excited to hear about the new Mojo. The Makai seemed to big for us. Seems like a Mojo will be in the wake surfing wave sweet spot.

I’m starting my (long) process of upgrading to a wake boat. The plan is to demo boats and scope out dealers next summer and put in a build order to be ready for the 2022 season. Moomba and MB are my two leading candidates - seem like the right mix of build quality, massive surf wave and price. I’m sure we’ll check out other brands too. I was pleased to find out we have 2 MB dealers near me in Michigan (one is 40 minutes away the other is 1.5 hours).

You and @OrangeTJ should expect some questions over the coming months :)
Fun stuff! We love our MB and I'm always happy to talk about them. I'm not a "fanboy" and won't pretend it is some magic perfect boat and better than everything out there. If you don't want/need the latest touchscreen tech, I think they are a very solid choice overall. Happy to answer any questions that I can.