• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
ok may reach out to him. Was looking at domed other day because they have mfg fonts. These look nicer.
Yea I was going to domed as well using the Masque font that Moomba uses but when I saw how nice those ecodome letters looked I changed my mind. I think they look really clean.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I was going to domed as well using the Masque font that Moomba uses but when I saw how nice those ecodome letters looked I changed my mind. I think they look really clean.
Buddy at our lake got these. I think he got from boatslettering.com. You may have seen his post on the Facebook page. They are different but don’t think I want anything that raised. 1F165830-0240-4055-A07D-A8AFA885FDC2.jpeg62233709-BCB8-4A66-80EC-C4AA4C8FAD2D.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That doesn’t look bad but yea it’s a bit more raised than I would want too. Boat looks like a storm trooper!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
#socialdistancing :eek::oops::D

Water patrol would have a field day with that boat around here. He better have like 10 bricks of those pfd’s :D

86BC030D-0C2A-4A2A-9B18-DA4F9FE5CF5A.jpeg

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That doesn’t look bad but yea it’s a bit more raised than I would want too. Boat looks like a storm trooper!
At least he won't hit anything then! :p

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a friend with Axis message me on the lake the other day that his rudder fell off. He managed to limp to the dock before I got there. Took his boat in to dealer and they told him he must have hit something and had stress cracks in the fiberglass.... $4,500. They were in open water surfing. As high as the lake level is in our lake currently there isn't anything to hit where they were. Another friend with Mastercraft has gone through several props, and I've helped him do a handful of repairs that the dealer wanted $000's, water pump impeller, heater core for fancy heating system leaking, chasing down electrical gremlins, gas tank leak, etc. All out of warranty. With all of that said, I would like one of these boats but crazy cost. I paid $36K for my AR230 new. I guess I'm cheap.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Had a friend with Axis message me on the lake the other day that his rudder fell off. He managed to limp to the dock before I got there. Took his boat in to dealer and they told him he must have hit something and had stress cracks in the fiberglass.... $4,500. They were in open water surfing. As high as the lake level is in our lake currently there isn't anything to hit where they were. Another friend with Mastercraft has gone through several props, and I've helped him do a handful of repairs that the dealer wanted $000's, water pump impeller, heater core for fancy heating system leaking, chasing down electrical gremlins, gas tank leak, etc. All out of warranty. With all of that said, I would like one of these boats but crazy cost. I paid $36K for my AR230 new. I guess I'm cheap.
How old is his Axis? I wonder if something could have happened during the manufacturing process, but they tried to cover it up and pushed it out the door anyway. I never closely inspected my prop and rudder area when I took delivery and i am guessing most don't.

There is a lot to be said about the simplicity of the Yamaha boats. I do miss that.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How old is his Axis? I wonder if something could have happened during the manufacturing process, but they tried to cover it up and pushed it out the door anyway. I never closely inspected my prop and rudder area when I took delivery and i am guessing most don't.

There is a lot to be said about the simplicity of the Yamaha boats. I do miss that.
I think it is a few years old. Something doesn't sound right. They said stress cracks, and then claim they hit something. I know where they were at and there is nothing there to hit, and it wouldn't be stress cracks, it would be impact damage. They suspect they are being hosed but I don't know how they can prove otherwise.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think it is a few years old. Something doesn't sound right. They said stress cracks, and then claim they hit something. I know where they were at and there is nothing there to hit, and it wouldn't be stress cracks, it would be impact damage. They suspect they are being hosed but I don't know how they can prove otherwise.
I would agree based on what you know of the lake. Sounds like some shady dealer/manufacturer shit. Supreme definitely took care of me when we found gel issues on my boat. I wonder if they can find somebody who does glass repair to take a look at it and see what they think is going on. If the rudder was actually hit hard enough to fall off, I would be shocked not to see any prop damage with it.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I finally got my Registration put on the hull. I'm pretty happy with it. The blue flake is a tiny bit darker than the hull, but looks the same when the sun hits it.

20200430_183205.jpg

20200430_183211.jpg

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks great! Man....now I want to get some new registration numbers for my MB!

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Was the prop damaged, too? Sure seems like it would be hard to hit something with the rudder without it also hittng the prop....unless they were going backwards.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Could've had a habit of parking the boat tail in to the beach and let the rudder touch. Had a friend who did that all the time. The way the bank was shaped the rudder would touch but the prop didn't. I would never do it, made me nervous for him everytime a boat wake would come in and rock it.

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So guys im thinking of making the switch, need some opinions. Leaning towards a supreme zs232 or something near 100k. I would like to be at 80 but realistically I would be ok with 100. I have looked at a few boats, axis, atx, Moomba low end tige but nothing has struck me that I have to have. Also In the mix is a 2014 super air g23 for 85

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So guys im thinking of making the switch, need some opinions. Leaning towards a supreme zs232 or something near 100k. I would like to be at 80 but realistically I would be ok with 100. I have looked at a few boats, axis, atx, Moomba low end tige but nothing has struck me that I have to have. Also In the mix is a 2014 super air g23 for 85
What part of the country do you live in? If out west, I'd definitely add MB to your list for new boats. B52 23 to be specific. If you're open to used, you can get many very very nice boats in the 85-100K range, too. If you want to surf, be sure you get something with an integrated surf system. Nautiques are extremely nice. Malibu's LSV 23 is also a very nice option and you should be able to get a 17 or 18 pretty easily within your price range. Also - pay little attention to the list price of these boats - 15-20% off list is pretty much the norm.

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So say their sale price is listed for 102 then 15% off is not too much to ask for? That supreme would be ideal for right around 80

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So say their sale price is listed for 102 then 15% off is not too much to ask for? That supreme would be ideal for right around 80
Yeah I would say that’s a fair price. I purchased a 2019 Mastercraft NXT22 in January of 2020, the MSRP was $95,000 and the final purchase price was $70,000. This was a last year hold over but from everything I have seen 15% would be well within reason for a current year model.
At that price range I would demo a number of different models. What’s the number 1 feature your looking for?

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm after something that the interrior doesnt feel lacking. The axis was a good boat but the interrior just felt cheap. The new atx looks amazing but when I got in the boat I was just like this is it?