• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nautique is sweet, but I am not in that price point for this purchase. A friend bought one and they are gorgeous. Honestly, there are attributes of almost every wake boat manufacturer that I truly admire. I was lucky to be able to ink my deal when you could still negotiate a little last fall. As of today, my dealer has all of their build slots sold for the year and they only have like 4 unsold boats on the lot. Our new build started today. Will share when it gets closer to delivery.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nautique is sweet, but I am not in that price point for this purchase. A friend bought one and they are gorgeous. Honestly, there are attributes of almost every wake boat manufacturer that I truly admire. I was lucky to be able to ink my deal when you could still negotiate a little last fall. As of today, my dealer has all of their build slots sold for the year and they only have like 4 unsold boats on the lot. Our new build started today. Will share when it gets closer to delivery.
Which boat did you order?

We did very well last Sept ordering our 21 Moomba...We got about 6% off retail plus they waived the $2695 in freight and setup..

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Really my issue (first world problems here, I'm aware...) is that I basically want a sub msrp of 200k boat that is as comfortable of a layout as a Yamaha (transom seats, spacious bow with a walk through), sounds as good or better as my current JL system, surfs/boards awesome, and has some convivence features like thrusters, heat, power tower.

The current formula is "available stock" - "needs" = ~ 3 boats to choose from within 500 miles. New or used, it doesn't seem to matter, they're all bought up.
The power tower and thrusters definitely contribute to a high price tag, with thrusters likely driving the biggest chunk of it. Sounds cool, but honestly not really necessary. These boats are very easy to handle at the dock and around downed boarders once you internalize the concepts. WAAAAAY easier than I found our jet to be. That takes maybe 2 or 3 times. Really not difficult at all.

Last edited:

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The thrusters do limit the field and drive the price up. And depending on your audio system, the wetsounds systems may be louder, but a little more “tin-y” depending on your musical taste. The walkthrough bow and transom seating is nice, but don’t discount the “playpen”. Many wake boats evolved from that style, and you discount a lot of the available used stock. I don’t allow shoes on the boat, so not having a bow walkthrough on the last boat wasn’t really an issue. Also, my wife is lamenting the lack of “sunpad” that is sacrificed with many walk through stern seating configurations.
Our MB has a walk-through bow area with a removable center filler cushion. The filler cushion has been out maybe once. Other than that, it is full playpen all the time and it is great. We very often have between 3 adults up there and 6 kids.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have the new Mojo and the walk through was really something we wanted. Mostly for ease of entering and exiting to the rear of the boat for older parents and inlaws.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The power tower and thrusters definitely contribute to a high price tag, with thrusters likely driving the biggest chunk of it. Sounds cool, but honestly not really necessary. These boats are very easy to handle at the dock and around downed boarders once you internalize the concepts. WAAAAAY easier than I found our jet to be. That takes maybe 2 or 3 times. Really not difficult at all.
You're right, but as I think about resale, thrusters and power towers will probably be nearly standard options in 5 years, so any boat without them will be considered severely legacy. Kinda like when you see a boat with carpet in it still... Or boats without wake diversion systems... like wtf?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Does anyone have experience with Supras? I now they're "fancy" Moombas and the same Skiers Choice brand. Seems to be real lack of current user experience with them compared to other brands.

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Go join this group on FB to learn more. Facebook Groups

I just got the Mojo but man I want my next one to be a Supra.
Oh I am already! That and the Nautique, Tige, etc. brands! Seems like not a lot of new Supra boats there, lots of legacy. More Moombas than anything.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does anyone have experience with Supras? I now they're "fancy" Moombas and the same Skiers Choice brand. Seems to be real lack of current user experience with them compared to other brands.
As mentioned plenty of Supra discussion is on the Moomba forums and the FB owners group. The Supra forum is more so for the old school Supra’s for way back in the day. It’s nowhere near as active as the FB group or even the Moomba forum. My next boat will likely be a Supra SA. They only build 500 or so Supra’s a year per my factory tour visit in 2019. They do this for exclusivity of the Supra brand compared to the Moomba brand. Clearly is not from a lack of demand lol. Skiers Choice only builds about 1600 boats a year, that includes both Supra and Moomba.

Last edited:

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have spent a fair amount of time on a Supra SL and 2 Supra SE's. Supra is a pretty consistent and reliable brand. May not be as amazing as a Nautique, or have the color palate/claimed rough water ride of a Centurion, but also priced below both of those brands. If I were going to buy a new boat ;)...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is it summer yet? Ready to have one of those days where you forget to set surf speed :D. Old video but still funny. My daughter cracks me up every time lol

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is it summer yet? Ready to have one of those days where you forget to set surf speed :D. Old video but still funny. My daughter cracks me up every time lol

I did that to my wife once, lol

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sweet!!! Congrats on a bada$$ boat. I believe you are going to LOVE the change!

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice! How’s the Ram pull it so far and what engine do you have?
Its the regular 5.7- Pulled it very good. I was a bit surprised as I could barely feel it back there.

Do you trailer with the cover on or off? I always trailered with the cover on the Yamaha, but it wasnt all black.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don’t tow far to the lake from my storage unit so we prep the boat and everything at the storage unit then tow the boat uncovered ready to drop in the water. Before having the storage unit I always towed with the cover on. The cover is well made and just be sure to leave the pole a little extended when towing so that you don’t have a big dip in the bow at speed and have the hang tight rear cable as tight as you can get it. Ratchet the rear tight (I put my hand behind the ratchet to support it and protect the gel coat so that I could really crank it down) and that will make sure the cover doesn’t flap or move at Highway speeds. Never had any chaffing it marks as I make sure the cover was tight and secure.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What rear end do you have in your truck? My ole FX2 is getting long in the tooth and I’ll likely replace it with something after we buy our next home in this crazy market. My coworker recently got a 2019 Ram and it’s pretty nice. He tows a camper with it and says it does great. My next truck will for sure be a 4WD.

x2 on the Max making trucks look like toys :D

CFE44D09-3132-4E13-AE42-9B0DE226B33E.jpeg