• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tige

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Performance at Lake of the Ozarks, they'll take good care of you (but they already sold that demo Z1 I think!)

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice, I thought it looked familiar!!! Was it a demo & did you crawl around the ASR while you were there?

crap on that demo...just don't have enough time to get anywhere to look at stuff right now :(

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No demo on mine, ordered it from the factory.

If you are talking about the blue ASR at Performance, you could say I crawled around on it...I got to drive it this summer! Great wakeboard boat, surfing was so-so. It's a really heavy boat and could use more ballast weight than what we had with us that day to list it properly. The 2015 ASR's will surf better than the 2014's IMHO with the new articulating VX. The ASR is awesome, but it is an expensive boat! Of course I am biased, but I still think the Z serious is a better dedicated surf boat.

The surf X package in the 2015 Z3 really was noticeable compared to a stock 2014 Z3. Even with the surf package in 2014 they needed just a little more weight!

Last edited:

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
nice!!!

oh, well that's even better!!!! Sometimes I wonder if it isn't a good thing that there aren't any good dealerships near me....I think it might save me some $$ ;)

Reactions: 007

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep the demo Z1 is sold, they were winterizing it for the new owner this week.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
man i really hate all of you that upgraded to tige, im just going to sit over here and wait my turn to go pick one up in a few years :cool:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You've got a beautiful boat there @007 . Congrats!

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All sorts of folks wanting to jump into the wake boat market. Only if Yamaha would listen...

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bet if Yamaha wants to be in that nitch market they may do something about it in a few years. I don't look for it any time soon though.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Me and my wife had a conversation with a regional rep on that very topic about a year and a half ago. His response was they keep telling Yamaha people want to surf, the Yamaha engineers response was that it was a 5 year fad....

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well for us low budget guys we have it figured out.....one day I may upgrade to a dedicated, but for now I am just happy to be surfing!! The Tige's you guys have truly are nice though!!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Awesome Boat!!! I love the colors....:winkingthumbsup"

sn1perii

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@007 - Were you on Kinkaid Lake?

D

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Me and my wife had a conversation with a regional rep on that very topic about a year and a half ago. His response was they keep telling Yamaha people want to surf, the Yamaha engineers response was that it was a 5 year fad....
One word Liability! 3500 or so lbs of jet thrust can do a lot of damage, I'm sure legal keeps shutting it down.

Last edited:

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@007 - Were you on Kinkaid Lake?

D
Nope, Lake of the Ozarks in the State Park. I've not been on Kinkaid in years! Camped on the point one year, it was like a big party with pizza delivery, lol!