• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tongue Scale Available in DFW ( don’t tow with 875lbs on the hitch )

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've actually been finding Class D tires lately for 14" wheels.

Yes it was @gmtech. Load capability increases greatly at 15inch and we are in the edge at 14 inch was the just of it. I opted not to buy tire covers knowing once my replacement radials start showing wear or rot I was going to replace with new 15inch rims and tires. That post you are referring to made me feel better about that decision. I have over a year on the 14 inch replacement radials and they are still looking good. Hoping to get a few more years out of them and by then I might have some serious tenfootitis.
@Betik please share on each of the listed items you are doing to the trailer. Extending the bunks sounds like a great idea.
Driving shaft? (edit, just looked it up, that's a nifty device)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bronze_10 @LukePrinsloo I apologize for the late response.
I will make a video next time, I move my boat out of my backyard. It will be "Watch Me Straggle" kind of video but it will be informative and fun to watch.

I am working on some potential mods on my trailer, but so far, I have moved the boat back and my tongue weight is at 400lbs. I also changed the center ( guide) bunks from 4-5 feet to 8 feet. The hope is that the those bunks will "catch" the boat sooner and center it right away and hence eliminating the risk of running over the fenders. I did lower the fenders. But it end up replacing to 15inch, I will definitely need to be careful . I am planing to put a GoPro on my trailer to get a visual on how the boat centers itself and hopefully take the guess work out of the equation.