• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Traction mats for LX 2000

Kirby Kelley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Hi, I have just found this thread, it is great so far. Have had my LX 2000 for about 3 years now and have slowly been making upgrades to it. I have been looking at the hydro turf kits and black tip kits and was wondering if anyone has had either of these in their boats. I still have the original carpet in my boat now but I think that I am ready to upgrade. Any one with any thoughts or experience. pictures of yours would be nice.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Kirby Kelley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length

M@__

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I took out the carpet and really prefer it gone. I do have some hydro turf on the rear platform and it really saves the knees getting in and out.

It was cut perfectly and applied easily. That was 3 or 4 years ago. Still looks nice. I’ve thought about ordering more and putting on the surfaces I step on a lot like the helms and the back sides. I’ve seen pictures of something similar.

Anything is better than that stinky carpet.

Kirby Kelley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I took out the carpet and really prefer it gone. I do have some hydro turf on the rear platform and it really saves the knees getting in and out.

It was cut perfectly and applied easily. That was 3 or 4 years ago. Still looks nice. I’ve thought about ordering more and putting on the surfaces I step on a lot like the helms and the back sides. I’ve seen pictures of something similar.

Anything is better than that stinky carpet.
Yes you are right about the carpet. I have been wanting to get rid of it since I bought this boat .It is really a hassle to drag it in and out of the boat to clean it. I have been leaning towards getting the hydro turf kit because it comes as a full kit that covers all of the inside decking area plus covering the anchor locker and swimore platform. The price is not to bad either, $450.00 on the hydro turf website.

M@__

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
We keep the Bimini up all the time so the white bottom is not blinding. Consider running without carpet. You might like it. Nothing easier to clean than that. Really though I think the rear platform is a must either way you go. You’ll thank me.

Kirby Kelley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Yeah I think I made my mind up , I am going to order the kit from hydro turf. I just have to decide on the color. I think it will be a great addition to the boat . I also looked at the sea dek, they make a really nice kit for the rear swim platform.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I had black Hydro turf in my Exciter and LX2000. Loved it! Didn't get hot and held up really good.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check out amazon and eBay for blacktop kits. It’s a little less expensive than turf but you may be able to find a more extensive kit than what turf offers which sometimes provides additional pieces around the sw9m deck, bow and cokpit.

I’ve bought turf kits and made my own. Pay attention to the warning turf gives on bright colors like red, its not it may fade, it will fade. If you get a kit make sure whatever you get has pressure sensitive adhesive / glue on the back already or you will be in for a much longer and messier install. If you buy a roll of turf and make your own pieces don’t be tempted to buy from their clearance items especially if they indicate it is less than standard thickness, the upper layer on my bargain material started to separate from the base material within two seasons.

FYI I like the carpet and my family likes it more so we kept the carpet in our boat and just replaced the turf with a seadek kit. Seadek is bucks but it has a different texture than turf or black tip material. Turf has several styles to choose from, the diamond texture feels much more cushiony / softer on the feet than the standard horizontal line style. One big advantage of carpet over all alternative materials is the it is less prone to ripping or tearing when for instance a wakeboard skeg/fin is pushed into it.

Kirby Kelley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I had black Hydro turf in my Exciter and LX2000. Loved it! Didn't get hot and held up really good.
I think that I am going to go with a dark blue, I think that would look good with the blue color of the LX .

Kirby Kelley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Check out amazon and eBay for blacktop kits. It’s a little less expensive than turf but you may be able to find a more extensive kit than what turf offers which sometimes provides additional pieces around the sw9m deck, bow and cokpit.

I’ve bought turf kits and made my own. Pay attention to the warning turf gives on bright colors like red, its not it may fade, it will fade. If you get a kit make sure whatever you get has pressure sensitive adhesive / glue on the back already or you will be in for a much longer and messier install. If you buy a roll of turf and make your own pieces don’t be tempted to buy from their clearance items especially if they indicate it is less than standard thickness, the upper layer on my bargain material started to separate from the base material within two seasons.

FYI I like the carpet and my family likes it more so we kept the carpet in our boat and just replaced the turf with a seadek kit. Seadek is bucks but it has a different texture than turf or black tip material. Turf has several styles to choose from, the diamond texture feels much more cushiony / softer on the feet than the standard horizontal line style. One big advantage of carpet over all alternative materials is the it is less prone to ripping or tearing when for instance a wakeboard skeg/fin is pushed into it.
Thanks for the info. I havery previously had the black tip mats in a sea doo challenger that I had, I liked them and they held up well but their kit doesn't come with everything that the hydro turf does. It doesn't come with the piece for the anchor locker or the pieces for the back arm rest. I am going to order the hydro turf this weekend. I will post some pics after I get it installed.

heloskick

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Hi Kirby did you get your turf kit installed ? Any pictures? I am thinking about doing the same on my boat.

heloskick

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. I havery previously had the black tip mats in a sea doo challenger that I had, I liked them and they held up well but their kit doesn't come with everything that the hydro turf does. It doesn't come with the piece for the anchor locker or the pieces for the back arm rest. I am going to order the hydro turf this weekend. I will post some pics after I get it installed.
Hi Kirby did you get your turf kit installed ? Any pictures? I am thinking about doing the same on my boat

jessie leyva

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I’ve been thinking about Hydro turf. Not sure I’ll get to it this year, but it’s on my upgrade list. Doesn’t have quite as good rep as sea deck but it’s less then half the cost...

Here’s an ar 210 (same hull) that has it installed

http://www.yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=56982
Where did you get this from? Looks awesome! Also where can I get the attachment that at the far end I think it’s the bench seat.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Where did you get this from? Looks awesome! Also where can I get the attachment that at the far end I think it’s the bench seat.
That’s not my boat. But I think your asking about the swim platform

Here’s a thread about them
https://jetboaters.net/threads/lx210-swim-platform.4448/

I did add one of those to my boat. It was hard to find as they are NLA. But one with the brackets showed up on eBay for a reasonable price that needed repairs.

The swim platform is one of things I added to the boat. Sits flush with the water when no one is in the boat. And when someone sits on its just under the water. Also makes it much easier for the kids to board the boat in deep or shallow water.

I’m surprised that the newer boats don’t have it as an option.

Basically if you find one buy it and you won’t be disappointed. :)