• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Trailer Ladder to Make it Easier to get on the boat

If you loosen the threaded handle all the way, you could lift the whole assembly off of the bent tube - shown in the picture - but it's really not necessary. The ladder is pretty heavy and it would be a hassle to do that every time you towed the boat.

Most often my wife launches and retrieves the boat. when we launch, she backs up until the stern is in the water depending on the ramp and water level. I unhook the safety chain, winch and board from the bow. While it isn't that difficult, I think a step would make it easier and probably safer.

I don’t think the boat ladders are rated for a lot of weight when out of the water, I know I had to replace mine on the back because the metal tubing was creased at the top. I think the force put on the attach points by the the full weight of someone climbing it out of the water can damage it. The ladder is basically one big lever at that point.

My fat ass has used nothing but the rear ladder when it's on the trailer, with zero incidents. I may just be that lucky, but I haven't missed any meals since I got the boat ?‍♂️

My thoughts were that I have a built-in replacement on the anchor locker, but I haven't had to swap them, going on 4 years now.

Check the bolts and add some red Loctite and reinstall if anything is loose each spring.

Most often my wife launches and retrieves the boat. when we launch, she backs up until the stern is in the water depending on the ramp and water level. I unhook the safety chain, winch and board from the bow. While it isn't that difficult, I think a step would make it easier and probably safer.
Agree…?

Back