• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trim Tabs - options - wake surfing (and cruising)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
you could go old fashion and put a dedicated switch just for that and the secondary bilge pump !!!!!!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you could go old fashion and put a dedicated switch just for that and the secondary bilge pump !!!!!!
The secondary bilge has an float switch hooked directly to the battery so no real need for an on off switch for that.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
actually that is how my 3rd bilge pump is hooked up. o_O
Yes I am paranoid. Especially after my OEM bilge failed while in Bimini.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The secondary bilge has an float switch hooked directly to the battery so no real need for an on off switch for that.
I have done this with my last two boats but have not to this one yet but in the past I would keep a spare of the exact bilge pump that was installed on the boat on hand and I would set the wires up on the installed one and the back up to have these male female connectors so if the installed one failed in under a minute I could make the switch just by popping the installed one out of the holding bracket and popping the new one in and it made it basically plug and play to switch them out quickly.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When you installed yours did you hook the wire to the auto retract to the ignition or did you just find a hot wire that was only hot when the boat was on? I thought about just hooking that wire to the remote switch on the radio since it turns off when I kill the ignition.
I followed the diagrams, but can look it up if you like. Mine are on switched power - as they automatically retract when the system is turned off. Which is great as you will never forget to pull them up/retract that way.

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup I had my like @swatski 9x16 with no modification. Had to turn the actuator around a little to get it to fit right.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@swatski You said you would have liked to have the port actuator cable be a few feet longer, after talking to Russ at Lectrotab, they have a 28 foot one, would that be way too long? I'm not sure if I can cut the length down or not?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski You said you would have liked to have the port actuator cable be a few feet longer, after talking to Russ at Lectrotab, they have a 28 foot one, would that be way too long? I'm not sure if I can cut the length down or not?
Please verify when ordering but I believe the switch end is bare wire so you can cut or extend to any length that you desire.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's true. The length that it comes with is long enough to go under the helm with no problem on the 24' boats. You need more than that?

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That's true. The length that it comes with is long enough to go under the helm with no problem on the 24' boats. You need more than that?
IDK, @swatski said in post #67 "The 23' of cable provided with actuator was just barely enough for the port side actuator assembly as it runs across the swim platform and then up the gunnel, would probably ask them for few more feet on that side just to be safe."

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IDK, @swatski said in post #67 "The 23' of cable provided with actuator was just barely enough for the port side actuator assembly as it runs across the swim platform and then up the gunnel, would probably ask them for few more feet on that side just to be safe."
I suppose it would how you run the cable.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, what I had was close (for the port side) but enough. I might have routed it further out along the periphery of the hull, who knows. The cable can be shortened, it is not like those for transducers etc, like @Bruce said. It has the conduit, but that just stays open - for pressure equalization inside the actuators.

--

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yep, what I had was close (for the port side) but enough. I might have routed it further out along the periphery of the hull, who knows. The cable can be shortened, it is not like those for transducers etc, like @Bruce said. It has the conduit, but that just stays open - for pressure equalization inside the actuators.

--
yeah I just talked to Russ again and he said its no problem to cut to length. they can do a 28' one for the same price. I'm going to get the "Swatski model" hahaha ordered soon. I'll also be picking it up from them since its only about 40 minutes away and doing a tour of their shop.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah I just talked to Russ again and he said its no problem to cut to length. they can do a 28' one for the same price. I'm going to get the "Swatski model" hahaha ordered soon. I'll also be picking it up from them since its only about 40 minutes away and doing a tour of their shop.
Ooo nice. Take lots of photos ;)

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just ordered the "Swatski model" from Russ at Lectrotab and he was very helpful. Also thanks @swatski for replying to my DM. Only change was I went with the ALC (auto level controller). Will update once I receive them.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just ordered the "Swatski model" from Russ at Lectrotab and he was very helpful. Also thanks @swatski for replying to my DM. Only change was I went with the ALC (auto level controller). Will update once I receive them.
Yeah, I may need to upgrade to the AUTO controller, you guys keep saying great things about it.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, I may need to upgrade to the AUTO controller, you guys keep saying great things about it.

--
which means that you will be selling exiting module......

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

--
I wouldn't know what to do without the ALC! Set and forget it. Yesterday was actually the first day I turned it off for a few minutes. I wanted to get her at WOT for awhile without the tabs dragging my speed down. In Windy conditions I hit 46mph @ roughly 7520 RPMs. I so wish I can hit that 50 mark. lol

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I wouldn't know what to do without the ALC! Set and forget it. Yesterday was actually the first day I turned it off for a few minutes. I wanted to get her at WOT for awhile without the tabs dragging my speed down. In Windy conditions I hit 46mph @ roughly 7520 RPMs. I so wish I can hit that 50 mark. lol
Turn up the stereo, it should give you a sonic boom!!! :D:D