• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Tubing in Bruces back yard.

Backwash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shot this video just down the hill from Bruces house on Lake Hamilton a couple weekends ago. Not a jet Boat, but was fun all the same. Was a "kid day" but I think the big kids had more fun. lol. Created with a mix of GoPro software and imovie. Would have liked to edit a bit more but frankly was tired of editing it. haha.

Great Video! Great Fun!
Looks like you all had a blast.....that's what it's all about isn't it? :cool:

@Glassman, lets add Great People to the list! We have a great time with Jim, Jill and their daughter Riley when we find the opportunity to get out on the lake together.

Thanks Bruce! Amazing how a friendship can happen from talking Jet Boats at a gas station! Ready to get on that surf board this weekend. We dont have many weekends left this year....

Who's boat ya'll on @Backwash ? The ladder was left down! Great video and fun regardless, and none of us have ever left the ladder down!smiley-pinocchio-liar.gif

Just like a jet boater to see the ladder is down but not notice I had Simon Cowell with me. ;)

Naw, it was a buddies boat. We hollered "ladders down' and he waved us off like he didnt care, so I-I Captain. haha.

LOL! Well in my defense, I only notice the other sex!

Who's boat ya'll on @Backwash ? The ladder was left down! Great video and fun regardless, and none of us have ever left the ladder down!View attachment 11777

I don't think we have EVER made a trip where the ladder was not left down at least once!

This was last Sunday, I noticed the ladder around the 2 minute mark:

Then later I left it down the entire way back to the dock! The kids wanted to swim while we put away the last tube and nobody put the ladder back up. I wish there were some sort of alarm on it when left down and the boat gets to say 5 mph. The newer GPS equipped Connext boats could do that.

Last edited:
I have an alarm for when the ladder gets left down...only, it goes off AFTER I have driven 5 miles down river! I just start yelling...WHO left the #@!^*%?! ladder down?

And magically it gets put up properly for the rest of the day! :p

I can feel the vibration it causes. I feel it the first time I turn after it is left down. Habit patterns. I preach and have lived habit patterns for 37 years. It is kind of like the guys that justify leaving the clean out plugs installed all the time because they can't remember to put them in before launching. 2 or 3 times of forgetting is a good teacher. But taking your time and doing things the same every time will help too. That ladder has caught me for sure, but it is like locking our doors at home. We don't leave them unlocked, because that is how we forget to lock them. Some things lend themselves to a checklist, maybe adding an after anchor or beach section to it would be a good idea for some. It is hectic when you leave an anchorage or deep water pickup sometimes, getting out a checklist might help, but when tubing/skiing, I think that might just need to be remembered. The best thing I can say, is it is everyone's responsibility, and the last one up it ALWAYS pulls it in. But as the captain, it is ultimately my responsibility to make sure that all those under my watch on my vessel, have done what I expected...when that fails, I use the tried and true @Glassman method of "Who left the #@^*%! ladder down!" lol:winkingthumbsup"

I have an alarm for when the ladder gets left down...only, it goes off AFTER I have driven 5 miles down river! I just start yelling...WHO left the #@!^*%?! ladder down?

And magically it gets put up properly for the rest of the day!
:p
You just CRACK me up !!!!!!!!!!!!! Many Thanks !

Back