• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Two Anchors

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
As our boats don't have a center bow cleat it is difficult to anchor directly into the wind. When using 2 anchors and or a sand shark/spike off the stern do you attach both to the same side of the boat? I have done both but having them on the same side seems to work best.

Do you agree? Is there a better way?

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Opposite works for me but never needed to try anything different, I think if the boat is tethered at both bow and stern, it can't spin.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Opposite works for me but never needed to try anything different, I think if the boat is tethered at both bow and stern, it can't spin.
Agrees, either way it won't spin. Was just wondering if one way was better than the other to minimize swaying back and forth.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Agrees, either way it won't spin. Was just wondering if one way was better than the other to minimize swaying back and forth.
I would think opposite points, like port side bow and starboard stearn. I use a bungee with my stearn Sand Shark Anchor and have it fairly taunt and it holds my boat perfectly in place.

If they were both on the same side, I don't think the boat could spin but it could float in that direction.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I came across this video back in August and have been using it ever since, all the while kicking myself for not knowing about this before!

https://boattest.com/article/how-tie-anchor-bridle-0

Strongly recommend you watch it - takes 30 seconds, much cheaper than a second anchor. It's taken some adjusting - I do more turns if there's more of a wind and yeah, there's still some movement but nothing like the pendulum you get when the anchor is only attached to one side or the other. So much for all my attempts to attach to the bow eye - just can't reach that from the top side of the boat.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I came across this video back in August and have been using it ever since, all the while kicking myself for not knowing about this before!

https://boattest.com/article/how-tie-anchor-bridle-0

Strongly recommend you watch it - takes 30 seconds, much cheaper than a second anchor. It's taken some adjusting - I do more turns if there's more of a wind and yeah, there's still some movement but nothing like the pendulum you get when the anchor is only attached to one side or the other. So much for all my attempts to attach to the bow eye - just can't reach that from the top side of the boat.
I like that.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I would think opposite points, like port side bow and starboard stearn. I use a bungee with my stearn Sand Shark Anchor and have it fairly taunt and it holds my boat perfectly in place.

If they were both on the same side, I don't think the boat could spin but it could float in that direction.
I may not have the bungee to my sand shark taught enough.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As our boats don't have a center bow cleat it is difficult to anchor directly into the wind. When using 2 anchors and or a sand shark/spike off the stern do you attach both to the same side of the boat? I have done both but having them on the same side seems to work best.

Do you agree? Is there a better way?
I added a bow cleat under the anchor locker several years ago. Glass is plenty thick there. You still get your normal swing, but stays pointed to the wind. If everyone else is swinging around with a single anchor, better to do the same IMO.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I added a bow cleat under the anchor locker several years ago. Glass is plenty thick there. You still get your normal swing, but stays pointed to the wind. If everyone else is swinging around with a single anchor, better to do the same IMO.
Did you have a picture of your set-up and how this works with the bow ladder? I ask as I have though about this…

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did you have a picture of your set-up and how this works with the bow ladder? I ask as I have though about this…
1695683619108.png

Been in place since April 2018. We don't use the front ladder unless literally beached, so wasn't an issue for us. You could easily deploy the ladder first if you needed.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To get the rope dead center off the bow I run it through the bow eye and then up to a cleat. Not only does it pull from the center of the bow but it keeps the pulling point angle for better anchor holding.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length