• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Umm what happened here? Gel roller...

Zyglett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was the boat rubbing against the roller or something? That big gash wasn't always there... Super confused. You can tell it was recent as the roller has some remnants of the boat on it.

Attachments

• 20220530_120048.jpg
    20220530_120048.jpg
    914.3 KB · Views: 46
There doesn't appear to be any damage to the roller, which makes me think the boat was damaged prior to loading, and is transferring some of the debris to the roller. The debris goes toward the winch post, so the boat would have rolled it in that direction as you were loading, and it appears to fade out with about the amount the roller might have moved.

Other than that, no idea.

There doesn't appear to be any damage to the roller, which makes me think the boat was damaged prior to loading, and is transferring some of the debris to the roller. The debris goes toward the winch post, so the boat would have rolled it in that direction as you were loading, and it appears to fade out with about the amount the roller might have moved.

Other than that, no idea.
Ahh, I could see that happening. Any thoughts on how to DIY repair?

Ahh, I could see that happening. Any thoughts on how to DIY repair?

@Bruce link will help. It's going to be far easier than you think. Find the matching color of patch paste, you shouldn't need more than the smallest container. Mix it up, smear it on, sand it off.

The better you apply it, the less sanding, and stop fiddling with it when it's reasonably done. Let it dry and get your wet sanding supplies out. Use LOTS of lubricant with the sandpaper, and don't try to skip grits to speed up the process - you'll cause more problems

Back