• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Un-Bottompainted SX210 left in salt water for 30 days - Before and after!

Rogandanny

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Due to a number of factors, I had to leave our SX210 slipped in salt water for 30 days up here in the LI sound. A bit of power washing, on-off, and acid burns later, the hull looks brand new! Here’s some photos just to show you the power of marine growth in salt water...

FYI, the jet pumps/rudders were coated in an antifoulant and look fine. The zincs however are quite corroded. I have flush valves installed and properly flushed the engines after each use.

41F9DE0E-170F-4079-A069-A8DD9A531534.jpeg
Right after pulled out
9341750A-BE67-423A-9CB7-3FA195D340EB.jpeg
Post-powerwash
75528086-1224-4BA4-8366-7CC9C33A7959.jpeg
Post On-Off

My takeaways? Bottom paint your boat if you’re leaving it in salt water!!! It’s not worth the hassle.

Back