• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Underwater Swim Step LED's - Lets See Them!

Weaver1855

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to buy and install a couple swim step underwater LED's on my AR, What is everyone using? how many bulbs, do you wish you went more or less, etc..

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
will be testing it out as soon as water temp warms up enough for me to jump in

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I have not seen lights mounted vertically before. It will be interesting to see how they work.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ToddW850 - Man those look great!! Everything I've seen so far has been either cheap crap or super expensive.

How do you like them? How bad/easy was the install? Thanks ahead of time for any info you can give!!

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a new depth finder so I have to fish some wires for the transducer. I plan on fishing some additional wires and putting some strip LEDs under the swim platform. I highly doubt they are going to be very effective, but I have a lot of the strip LEDs left and am trying to find more places to put them!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
green light will not be used. lol

but i will probably use white most of the time since it is the brightest if i want to tone it down maybe switch to blue :)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm watching this thread too. It will be interesting to see if the way @blacksapphirez has them mounted if they will still penetrate into the water as good as if he were to mount them below the water line. He picked them up for pretty cheap so I'm definitely interested because the other lights out there are ridiculously overpriced.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ToddW850 - Man those look great!! Everything I've seen so far has been either cheap crap or super expensive.

How do you like them? How bad/easy was the install? Thanks ahead of time for any info you can give!!

Thanks @Bennie. I'm still very happy with them. Install was not difficult at all. My hardest obstacle was getting up the nerve to drill a hole in my boat. I've had them 2 seasons now I believe.

I will say I lucked out on the port side light. There is a small shelf in the transom for some reason. I drilled JUST above it to feed the wire. I had no idea until after. But other than that, it was just feeding the wires through.

Weaver1855

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Please keep me posted on how these look in the water. I haven't thought about putting the lights in this location. I would think underway these would be out of the water, but I wonder what it would still look like. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Weaver1855

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I too am curious to see how those lights look @blacksapphirez

As far as mine, got these at West Marine. Drawing a blank on the name at the moment. They were $99 for 2. They are pretty bright.

View attachment 52434 View attachment 52435 View attachment 52436 View attachment 52437 View attachment 52438
Are these the ones you got? The ones installed on your boat look pretty damn bright and these are fairly inexpensive. How long have you had them installed?

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--aqua-bright-ii-high-intensity-blue-led-underwater-light-2-pack--14996219?recordNum=16

Weaver1855

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
these lights are held on by velcro so probably wouldn't be wise to run the boat with them. i would put them in manually after i've stopped :)

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
20160722_205202.jpg
Two Abyss s1800's mounted in between the pumps.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ToddW850 - any problems with them shutting off on you or flickering.

The reviews on the west marine website show quite a few guys having problems with them.