• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Unwelcome visitor

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We were offshore yesterday fishing. My son was reeling in a snapper and this fellow decided he wanted it. After knocking the snapper off and getting hooked himself he put up a fight then launched like a toothy missile into the boat! It was the highlight of the day.
Thankfully nobody was in his way. Several people have been hurt or worse by airborne cuda.
It was about 4 1/2 ft long and made a mess of the boat quickly. To be said for the Fsh nothing was broken ( this fish was pretty green) and looks like brand new this morning. FullSizeRender_2.jpg

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Love a bloody boat! We used to keep cheap vodka in a squirt bottle to hit green fish with in the gills. Kills'em on contact. Much quicker and less mess than a baseball bat. Glad nobody was hurt, Cuda not included.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is a green fish? Some sort of algae on it?

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, full of algae :) And "green" as in fresh and fiesty with teeth flying at one end and a tail slapping on the other. Usually involves a mad dance of people, fish, and noise trying to deal with the situation. Baseball bats are an effective attitude adjuster but require aim, multiple hits (depends) and create a mess. The picture of his deck says it all.

Last edited:

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've heard about the alcohol thing before also. In the Bahamas they used rum, poured in down their throat. They said it would knock them out so they would jump around and they would die quietly.

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've heard about the alcohol thing before also. In the Bahamas they used rum, poured in down their throat. They said it would knock them out so they would jump around and they would die quietly.
It works scary fast! Learned it from an old guy who hated cleaning dried blood off the deck.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll have to try the cheap vodka thing. This guy beat the crap out of himself between the console and seat deck. He left behind a couple of souvenirs. This is my son and his friend with them.

Attachments