• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Useless mod of the day: polished cobra jet plates.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This has got to be the most worthless mod of the day, possibly year, but I did it anyway. Why?

The outside cobra jet plates have the brand sticker on them. This year that sticker is wearing out. Nobody, and I mean nobody, notices this. Except for me when i drive by it daily…

So I got out a razor blade, some steel wool, and some Flitz (I use this on my stainless wheel guns).

IMG_0480.jpeg

Sticker peeled off easily with the razor but has protected the original finish
IMG_0481.jpeg

Scrubbing with steel wool, then the Flitz 4x
IMG_0484.jpeg

Shiny! Sticker spot slightly visible from close up. I’ll see how long this lasts in the water.
IMG_0485.jpeg

Last edited:
This has got to be the year’s most worthless mod of the day, possibly year, but I did it anyway. Why?

The outside cobra jet plates have the brand sticker on them. This year that sticker is wearing out. Nobody, and I mean nobody, notices this. Except for me when i drive by it daily…

So I got out a razor blade, some steel wool, and some Flitz (I use this on my stainless wheel guns).

View attachment 206030

Sticker peeled off easily with the razor but has protected the original finis
View attachment 206031

Scrubbing with steel wool, then the Flitz 4x
View attachment 206032

Shiny! Sticker spot slightly visible from close up. I’ll see how long this lasts in the water.
View attachment 206033
You have entirely too much time on yer hands!!!???

ha..are you even trying? need more elbow grease...3 more to go
this 'machined' look would be cool

View attachment 206034
LOL after I did the outside plates I was like "welp, that's enough for this season..."

Then I started thinking "So a guy could take these off, buy a buffing wheel for my grinder, and really mirror them out..."

Nice work. Coming from a guy that has polished aluminum snowmobile tunnels, my fingertips ache for you.

We would wet sand up to 1500 grit, then polish and buff. We tried using Powerballs etc, but the tight places usually came down to polishing with our fingertips. But that moment that you see a mirror image of the polish tub or beer can, makes it all worth it. And then it fades on the first ride out.

Nice work!

If you wanna see a guy that is going to die from aluminum polishing dust, check out summershine on TikTok! My OCD will not allow me to stop watching him. But here is mine below.

Nice work. Coming from a guy that has polished aluminum snowmobile tunnels, my fingertips ache for you.

We would wet sand up to 1500 grit, then polish and buff. We tried using Powerballs etc, but the tight places usually came down to polishing with our fingertips. But that moment that you see a mirror image of the polish tub or beer can, makes it all worth it. And then it fades on the first ride out.

Nice work!

If you wanna see a guy that is going to die from aluminum polishing dust, check out summershine on TikTok! My OCD will not allow me to stop watching him. But here is mine below.

Nice, thanks! I'll have to get out the wet sanding skills. Yeah polishing stainless S&W's is a lot more enjoyable...

Back