• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Jet Steering END of YEAR SALE !

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
COBRA JET STEERING END OF YEAR SALE for members of JETBOATERS.NET This is not a group buy just a special for members of this web page as I promised.

Ok so during the busy season people asked me if I was going to do a special on my Ultimate steering since I was offering a discount on the new fangs if you purchased them in combination with the Ultimate steering system.

I said I would do one when the slow season came around.

I was recently down to only a hand full of the fangs for the Ultimate steering and I was worried about running out of them again.

Now the good news, I just completed 40 more sets of the fangs and I have the inventory to support a sale on the Ultimate steering systems.
These are the most versatile patented steering systems you can put on your boat .

The ULTIMATES were designed to last and perform to your desired level of influence.
The patented adjustments allow you to choose the amount of steering they provide, so if you want your boat to handle better at all speeds slow and idle to top speeds, like a sports car on a dry road, for better control at speed for water sports or just for a more comfortable feel regardless of the size of the boat, our patented, adjustable and selectable system can be set to give your boat just the right amount of steering assistance . Based on it's capabilities and versatility I would think its a good deal even if it were twice the price.

We realized years ago that the jet boats were fast becoming a family boat and more people were purchasing this type of boat.

With over 15 years of making jet propelled watercraft handle like never before, you can even steer the boat while rapidly decelerating to avoid a collision, and in off power situations.
Our experience also taught us that making the steering adaptable to different users and various size boats was a BIG PLUS!!!
The Ultimate steering system features our patented multi function actuator that allows for you to set it in the UP position to raise your fins at planning speed if you desire or to set the fins to remain down at speed .

It also allows you get to choose the depth and therefore the amount of influence they provide, with the ability to make changes from time to time if you desire, eliminating the need to purchase a different system if your needs change.

The Ultimate fins are actually held down at speed by utilizing the thrust of the pump passing over the top of the actuator, a spring is added for backup in the event the engine stalls and for operating in reverse since the rear nozzle opening is closed in that position.

The same patented actuator can be set to capture the thrust to raise the fins at speed where the spring pulls the fins down for assisting with slow speed handling or off power handling should the engine turn off unexpectedly.

And we never need to expose the actuator to the flow of water under the nozzle.
Our side force stabilizer was specifically designed to avoid having any cross bars or tie bars placed between the fins below the nozzle .

Our patented and proven system does not place cross pieces in the direct path of the water between the fins as that could certainly collect weeds or snag branches and damage the steering etc .

In either setting the fins are NEVER " LOCKED DOWN " so if someone managed to strike a fixed object with a fin it would just flip up .
If you want a system that was designed to handle its job without being destroyed during use and ruining your day on the water, think about it.

I also make systems that were designed to be sacrificed in a collision, my original fins did that to save the pump and nozzle even my Magnum and Magnum A K systems have that in the event of a serious impact, But they still don't have flat or round bars positioned below the nozzle.

So I just do not see that happening on my systems very often if at all.
We also carefully designed the actuator to stay away from the area below the nozzle between the fins to avoid producing any unwanted water spraying up behind the boat. And we paid close attention to avoid unwanted oscillation caused by the system so we never had that problem either.

There are so many people on this web site that are using this system I would encourage you to ask some of them that own a similar boat to yours how they like it.

Please place your order directly with me in an email to jeff@cobrajetsteering.com or in a PM on this web page
This is not a group buy, no guessing or waiting to see what price you pay, you must be a member of this web site to participate the Ultimate system will fit all Yamaha jet boats with the exception of the 21 and 24 foot articulating keel boats.
I have a very special system for those applications called the Magnum A K system I also have special fangs for those systems.

Oh and the 4 tec people can also take advantage of the sale, I posted on your sections.
All I need to tell you folks is it really does work for your boats just ask people who have them. https://jetboaters.net/threads/4-tec-steering-info.11702/

Compatibility info On the ULTIMATE STEERING and Fangs.
The Ultimate system is compatible with all Yamaha jet boats except the newer 24 and 21 foot articulating keel boats. Those use the magnum A K system and fangs.
Ultimate sets work on all the 19 foot boats including the newer models with the keel however the fangs are not designed for those 19 foot keel boats . Just a heads up on that!
You will also need to provide me with model and year of your boat and the state you are shipping this to when you place the order.
If you need more info on any of my products visit my web page www.cobrajetsteering.com or my facebook page just search for cobra jet steering on facebook .

Remember Cobra jet steering puts you in control of your jet boat, The ULTIMATE SYSTEM puts YOU in CONTROL of the STEERING !

Last edited:

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I added the Ultimate system to my boat when they came out and added the Fangs this season. I lost most of the season to a trailer strike followed by a dock strike combined with the worst marine surveyor ever but once I did get it in the water the boat drove great forwards and backwards. 7th season on the boat so quite a bit of experience but I bet anyone could drive just as well with the fins and a few weeks practice. The most telling thing was the wife drove the boat through a long channel with a heavy crosswind without complaint and the steering wheel hardly moved. Was like watching her drive a car.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC. Jeff, is there any special on just the fangs for those of us who already have the Ultimates or is it only a package deal when a new set of Ultimates are ordered?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
it was set as a package deal

Last edited:

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just switched over to the ultimates and am pleasantly surprised. I had an issue with mist rolling onto the back deck. It is now gone. I ran the boat the same as before and dry now. Can't wait to go out thru some curves now. Great product

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMO - There is no better system that the Ultimates, particularly for the single engine boats. AK for the new twins (with "keel").

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
IMPORTANT UPDATE ON THE COBRA JET STEERING END OF YEAR SALE!
Due to numerous requests, I have decided to include the FANGS, both the regular sets for the Ultimate steering and the MAG A K sets. I will also include the EZ LOCKS for the cleanout plugs used on Yamaha boats made from the year 2000 to the year 2016 .
During this sale these items will be discounted if purchased separately. The original combo discounts previously mentioned in the sale will remain in effect.
This discount equates to the following pricing, single.
The A K FANGS designed for the Magnum A K steering systems specifically designed for the new Yamaha keel boats will be if ordered separately during this sale. Please email me jeff@cobrajetsteering.com if you wish to take advantage of these special year end prices I will also need the state you live in before I can send you the invoice. Or if you have questions.
REMEMBER THIS IS NOT A GROUP BUY ! THE PRICE YOU SEE IS THE PRICE YOU PAY AND YOUR ORDER IS SHIPPED WHEN YOU COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION.
COBRA JET STEERING has been building steering for jet boats and personal watercraft for 15 years, holding U S PATENT 6561858, 6702630, 8425629, and another pending. We have sold over 9000 systems to Yamaha jet boat owners alone.
ALL steering systems are NOT THE SAME, our features and benefits are second to none!

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I just want to remind you folks about the Fangs for the Ultimate steering systems.
I have yet to hear from anyone who has tried the fangs on a twin engine jet boat equipped with the Ultimate steering where they tried both the 2 fang setup "one on the outside of each nozzle" and then the 4 fang setup using two on each nozzle. So I can not tell you if there is enough of a difference to warrant the extra cost . I originally built the system to use only 2 fangs on either setup and 4 locking tabs on the twin engine compared to only 2 locking tabs on the single engine setup thus the very nominal difference in price between the single and twin engine parts.
I also wanted to say that the Yamaha nozzle setup is very strong , here is just how strong the system is.

You Probably know what a sub move is and how it is accomplished, The boat operator rapidly throws the controls in reverse at speed and simultaneously hits the throttle to provide sufficient force to lift the rear of the boat high enough to place the front of the boat under water with enough force to often fill the boat with water and stop it's forward motion instantly.

Now think about this, you have a forcing cone on the pump that is held on with 4- 8 mm bolts.

The high pressure jet pump water is pushed through that cone to produce forward thrust by adjusting the water jet into a powerful concentrated stream just as it enters the steering nozzle, that nozzle is held on by only 2-8mm bolts, then that water under a large amount of force that is normally redirected to one side or another, to steer the boat .

During the normal steering process the pump force places stress on the nozzle and the cables that turn the nozzle because the nozzle wants to return to center and resists turning due to the water being forced through it in a straight line.

Now the Yamaha nozzle has a reverse bucket that is held to it by just 2 8-mm bolts also , During the SUB MOVE procedure the reverse bucket actually closes off the water exiting the rear of the nozzle and redirects that water to exit under the nozzle through the reverse thrust opening . YEA REALLY!

This rapid closing of the steering nozzle exit places all the jet pump forces directly on the steering nozzle plus reverse hood and it's 2 - 8mm bolts and yet that part is strong enough to Quickly lift the rear of the boat and sink the front of the boat at the same time and IT DOESN'T EVEN BREAK !
Nor does THE REVERSE HOOD or the NOZZLE nor the PUMP, so with that putting things in perspective, Your pump components are quite strong and capable of providing you with a more than adequate platform for adding steering for all speeds , even without the fangs .
Now please do not go out and do sub moves as they are dangerous, and they get everything wet in the boat plus some of your passengers may be ejected from the boat along with your coolers and other personal items I only used that as an extreme reference to give people an idea of just how strong the steering parts are on the Yamaha jet boats. And Yes I have done those moves in both jet boats and on P W Cs and I have a big scar on my left arm to show for one that went bad. So again don't do it. Jan example
just a few of many videos on the net showing sub moves.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just reminding you that my end of year sale is still in progress.
Save money AND get the most effective steering systems available at any price! Increase the ease of use and the versatility of your boat beyond expectations.
Slow speed assistance , high speed assistance , mid range assistance, no problem .
Want the wife to drive, try adding the fangs and get power steering at speed and even better reverse control.
Next time you are on the water with other Yamaha jet boat owners try this.
Gather some other people with similar boats that have different types and makes of steering or no extra steering , including the factory rudder steering and try them side by side, perhaps even try driving each others boats for first hand comparison. Compare off power and reverse, high speed and slow speed. Take a look at the wake and see how easily or HARD the wheel turns in docking mode, check the depth of the systems for clearance to the ground.
Then say to yourself perhaps I should have taken advantage of the end of year sale from COBRA JET STEERING and bought my last steering system FIRST, then I could have saved TIME & MONEY allowing me to enjoy my boat more in the process!

!

Email me directly jeff@cobrajetsteering. Please indicate the make, year and model of your boat and the state, country etc the order will be shipped to.

Last edited:

hellonearth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I just switched over to the ultimates and am pleasantly surprised. I had an issue with mist rolling onto the back deck. It is now gone. I ran the boat the same as before and dry now. Can't wait to go out thru some curves now. Great product
Did you get the fangs with the ultimates on your fsh?

Gerrie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ordered ultimates with fangs. Has to be shipped to New Zealand. From start of conversation to shipping confirmed, took an hour. What a fantastic service. Hat off to cobra jet steering, Jeff. Look forward to the knock on the door.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
TIME IS RUNNING OUT!
& Inventory is getting low, Take advantage of this end of year sale to get a great deal on a set of Ultimate steering and add the Fangs or the Magnum A K steering with fangs . You can even get a great deal on our set of 4 tec steering fins.
Or perhaps you only want to upgrade your existing Ultimate steering by adding some fangs for power steering and improved reverse control. I even added stand alone EZ locks for the push button cleanout plugs.
Remember COBRA JET STEERING offers more than just one feature, even our most basic steering systems enhance the entire range of steering to improve your boating experience and your boats versatility . Get more control in heavy traffic or rough conditions & better control during water sports or easier learning curve for novice operators to feel confident behind the wheel. With our more advanced steering systems Like the ULTIMATE or MAGNUM versions you have even more versatility plus the ability to inexpensively upgrade your system with the FANGS for power steering and extra reverse control. However if you miss the sale remember our regular buy direct discount prices are still a great deal when you compare all the features and benefits of our systems to any others.
I want to take this time to thank everyone who has taken their time to post their first hand experiences after installing and using my steering systems on their boats. And for their positive comments like the one above. This is what I do, as some of you who have been around the jet boat circuit for many years already know, I started out back in 2001 buying a jet boat with no experience or even a test drive prior to the purchase. I was devastated when I first drove this boat. I hated it, parked it on the trailer and quickly understood why it sold for so little. I quickly decided to dive in and try to design a steering system to fill in all the handling voids. I built a steering system that operated fins mounted off to the side of the transom using tie rods connected to the jet nozzle, this system wowed me and I was so impressed with the transformation of the boat that I started doing other less complicated and less costly steering systems for jet boats and Personal water craft. The point is I never set out to go into business fixing steering voids for jet boats etc. I was just so overwhelmed with the huge difference my system made that I just continued to follow that path and 15 years later I am still designing systems for jet boats and P W C's.

original jet boat prototype.jpg original yam.JPG
The first picture shows the
very first steering system that I designed for my personal boat in 2001, you can see just how small those rudders were yet that boat could do things that NO boat I had ever operated could come close to doing. The second picture is one of the very first sets of fins I hand made for the Yamaha nozzles, some of those are still in use, I believe @Glassman still has a set on his boat.
I also spend a ton of hours on jet skies doing some of the wildest stunts even at 64 years old and having a blast because my steering system on a p w c is so amazing .
Believe it or not I would never even drive a p w c if it was not equipped with my fins. I know some of you have seen some of my stunt videos like this latest one
just another day playing on the ski for me.
So I take a great personal pride in my steering products effect on the boats handling and fun factor and I love hearing back from my customers that my steering made a big improvement in their overall boating experience.
So thank you all for your support and I hope you continue enjoying your jet boating experience with COBRA JET STEERING.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I was pleasantly surprised by a very generous customer who purchased a twin set of Ultimate steering, a set of fangs and a set of EZ locks for his Yamaha 2008 SX 230 HO jet boat as he plans on operating it in the Bahamas .
He further instructed me to add 100 dollars to his total bill so that I could pass along a token of his appreciation to a couple of my future customers who serve their country or their community. He left it up to me as to how to handle this.
I decided to take half of the money " $50 dollars ", and apply it on top of the sale price for any, Ultimate, Magnum A K or Rotax steering system purchased by any active duty member of any branch of our armed services.
And the second $50 dollars will go to any current member of law enforcement or a fire fighter or a current member of any E M S service.
The first customers to qualify get the extra 50 dollars deducted from their cost, I will show this on the invoice.
I appreciate his generosity and I did explain my plan on how I was going to disperse his gift. This was fine with him.
In the event that no one qualifies during the remaining days of this sale, I will distribute it in the same way to my next customers who qualify for my standard first responder and military discounts offered on my web page .

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes it was quite nice of him, he actually lives in Georgia , he said he is sending his boat to the Bahamas where he plans to use it there so I assume he has a place there also and he can afford to do this, but it was a surprise none the less.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The 50 dollar Military donation has been claimed, the L E O / F D or E M T donation is still available.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
THIS SALE will continue to the end of the year with just one possible problem, availability of the regular fangs, I am just about sold out of those again . I did order more last month but I still don't have them so I can't guarantee those will be available, So I will play that by ear. Thank you and happy new year to everyone.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The 50 dollar Military donation has been claimed, the L E O / F D or E M T donation is still available.
Sorry both have now been claimed , however the sale pricing still applies.