• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Booster

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, I thought that was an interesting claim. I wonder how they are spinning it as different.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Meh - pretty much a carbon copy of the Scarab Surf Stream device IMO, at least in application - I guess the design is a little different but same idea.
Not holding my breath. The wave in the video is just not very good... conflicting w/the narrator's claim.
And the claim on inherently different... does not hold water.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love the idea of the Booster! But, I don't know if we have seen pictures/evidence showing the Booster wave being competitive with the existing Gatlin wedge and custom bag... I could be wrong.
I had a guy surfing behind my boat yesterday who could not believe it's a Yamaha. All with Gatlin mods plus center locker 800lbs (setup w/less then 10min).
I'll be the first in line for the Booster - if I can see some convincing evidence.
upload_2018-9-3_9-19-18.png

--

Jeff Jozwi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Unless I've missed videos with the booster and full ballast (at least factory if not extra ballast) it's hard to make a real comparison to the gatlin wedge. Inquiring minds want to know...

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I'm trying to talk my local dealer into letting me demo one when his 2019 X models arrive with them.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like @JetBoatPilot plans to join the fun...20180903_222922.jpg
...Competition is getting thick up in here!

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Holy smokes!!! Well, about freaking time though, lol.

But I'll tell you this better be something super special - to compete in what I see as the @jcyamaharider territory, at least for now. Sure, there are some annoying things about the wedge and the bag and so on, nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvement - but the wave we are getting right now is just ridiculous - considering it is behind a Yamaha and not a wake boat...

Considering we are TOTAL beginners - and who can now surf easily 15-20ft behind the boat. Unreal.
I don't have great clips as I'm typically driving, too... but just to give some idea of how robust that wave is (not the best moments, by far, but at least something captured on video):

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

But I'll tell you this better be something super special - to compete in what I see as the @jcyamaharider territory, at least for now. Sure, there are some annoying things about the wedge and the bag and so on, nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvement - but the wave we are getting right now is just ridiculous - considering it is behind a Yamaha and not a wake boat...

Considering we are TOTAL beginners - and who can now surf easily 15-20ft behind the boat. Unreal.
I don't have great clips as I'm typically driving, too... but just to give some idea of how robust that wave is (not the best moments, by far, but at least something captured on video):

--
You're just killing me with all these posts about your wedge and transom bag... :shifty: I've had the bag for weeks and I can't seem catch a break to even try it. (Kid who was sick last night was perfectly fine all day by the way... conditions at the lake would have been perfect.) :arghh: Whatever! :kiss::mooning: :finger: ;)

Sorry, PMS... or the male equivalent.
2c13d20a9295bd60ab984d56e0158702.jpg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

--
So what is the best set up I'm going to try it this year?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Right now - I would say the Gatlin swim deck bag and the Wedge, plus a big bag (800lbs) in the center locker.

We stopped using the rear compartment bags I had plumbed, and have nothing on top of the seats, in the bow etc.

Speed control is critical, we are getting best results around 10.7-10.8mph so far.

--

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We stopped using the rear compartment bags I had plumbed, and have nothing on top of the seats, in the bow etc.
--
So you're getting a better wave WITHOUT using the port storage bag? I agree the swimdeck bag and the WakeWedge is absolutely the way to go right this second, but I've been using it in conjunction with the stock ballast system. I don't have my ski locker bag plumbed in yet, and I have to move people to the bow to make it up to surfing speed. Not filling the port bag would probably eliminate the problem, and if the wave is bigger also, then that's a no brainier. Certainly seems counter-intuitive though.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hmmm?

1BCE2BB1-9DA2-44DD-B527-55460DAC57B4.jpeg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you're getting a better wave WITHOUT using the port storage bag?
Can't say that, yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there is room for improvement!
We haven't had a chance to try every combination but, basically, reached a point where we can VERY comfortably surf with just center locker and swim deck ballast.
I have a feeling the wave may be about maxing out with that and further improvements (with this hull) may be "a lot of squeezing for very little juice" kinda thing. But we will see. Waiting for other reports/reviews.

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski