• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

***WARNING*** 2015-18 YAMAHA “AR” BOAT OWNERS WITH FORWARD SWEPT WAKEBOARD TOWERS

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol. @swatski sounds like time to get to work bud. Summer is almost here and you been cooped up all winter.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I see one of the pumps in a pic on the site, but does it bother anyone else that it doesn't show the engines? Have they been already removed?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see one of the pumps in a pic on the site, but does it bother anyone else that it doesn't show the engines? Have they been already removed?
No, I only want the trailer, LOL.

you are right, it is a bit weird that engines are not on the picture. I guess we could always call and find out.
Judging from the positioning of the broken glass, this boat seems pretty much untouched after it was rammed.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess if they were a member we would have heard something about this?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good point

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Czy teraz wszyscy jesteśmy polscy?View attachment 68557
some of us are WANT TO BE Polish. LOL
The spirit it is what counts right ??????

PS. Judging for how Poland is the only country left in Europe with a sense of National Identify, I would rather trade my Greek passport for a Polish one.
Can you imagine, us, whose grandfathers delivered the first blow to Hitler's mighty army, are now bending over the Germans like cheap prostitute. ..... maybe I should take it back, I should not be insulting prostitutes like this. At least they set the price before bending over, we just bent and hope. :mad:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Spirit is what counts. :winkingthumbsup"

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Spirit is what counts. :winkingthumbsup"
Hey, don't pick on @swatski, he is one of the most intelligent and skilled Renaissance Men that I know as well as being quite the chef and having a really cool family.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
wouldn't pick on him if we did not love him. :D

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just for reference I bought this https://www.copart.com/lot/31528447/ and this https://www.copart.com/lot/39586307/ for about 1/4 of what you can find them for. I have a 2008 that I wrecked and it is in pretty bad shape, so I have two good engines and electronics. The first boat, I pulled the plugs out and cranked it over, flushed the fuel tank and fuel rails, and she started right up, good compression on all cylinders, and got her cleaned up, now I just need to redo the interior, but I am going to wait a season to make sure the motors are good and it doesnt have any issues. The boat only has 315 hours on it, only 32 of which were from 8000-10000 RPMs. The 2008 I bought because I have an 08 wakeboard tower just wasting away, and i still have two engines and electronics if i need them. I got it home and one motor has a hole in the block, and the other started right up. I looked at the oil in the one that started right up and it was pretty black, so i will probably replace both engines with mine (which only have 230 hours on them. I'll post pics up after....

You can get some really incredible deals on damaged boats on copart, so I would think this one will be under 10k with the amount of damage.
Thnak you for sharing, @PaulyB. Great info.

Regarding the 2017 242 - I'm going to pass on that. But it would be a fabulous boat to rebuild. Why? Because of the type of damage.
Basically, if one would want to restore a boat that's been "totaled" - this boat is the best case scenario. Most damage above the water line and all of it in the bow/mid-ship, not engine compartments. Intact stern, no water damage, etc etc.
Just saying.

--

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Final bid $8,100. Good call @PaulyB

now I can go back to work

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Betik Did you watch it during the live auction or that is where the pre-bidding stopped at? I had every intention to watch the auction live, but got caught up at work and forgot about it.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think it was live because the price was changing . I looked at it every 30 minutes. And the $8100 was about 20 minutes or so when there was no time left and the price was not really changing. At least it did not change after refreshing 3 times

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So 8100 was the starting bid really then, after 10:00 it goes to a live auction and you have to log in to bid on the items. It usually takes an hour or more for the boats to go up on the "Auction Block", when they go up on the auction block it is like a real auction, but online. When someone bids on it, that bid stands for like 7 seconds, and if no one else bids, the auction ends and the item is sold, but if someone does bid on it a bidding war can start and the price can go up high pretty quickly. It looks like in the last day or so, the auction changed from a pure sale, meaning the owner of the boat would take any price, to a reserve price, I don't know if the reserve price was met, so we may see it back on the site soon.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So 8100 was the starting bid really then, after 10:00 it goes to a live auction and you have to log in to bid on the items. It usually takes an hour or more for the boats to go up on the "Auction Block", when they go up on the auction block it is like a real auction, but online. When someone bids on it, that bid stands for like 7 seconds, and if no one else bids, the auction ends and the item is sold, but if someone does bid on it a bidding war can start and the price can go up high pretty quickly. It looks like in the last day or so, the auction changed from a pure sale, meaning the owner of the boat would take any price, to a reserve price, I don't know if the reserve price was met, so we may see it back on the site soon.
Man, at $8,100 it would seem to me like winning a lottery.
I must not get hooked watching this. It could be very detrimental in my life.

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got to browsing the Copart site (previously oblivious) and see plenty of cool toys that could be fixed. Lamborghinis, Boats, Skis, Bikes etc. Almost makes me want to liquidate my investments to start a business fixing and flipping toys. Then reality sets in that I have a good job and a great work life balance. Plus I would never want to sell the toys. I think this could be a good way to spend time in retirement only fixing and flipping a couple a year at my leisure. Now to convince the wife that the forever home must have space for a 2500 sqft garage.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@PaulyB You just pretty much shattered all my previous ideas on how I should spend my retirement!!! Thanks... I guess.
:D

--

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have to tell you, I have considered quitting my job as a federal agent and doing this full time.... Especially after the hurricanes, tons of motorcycles you could buy just for the frames and body parts and put back together bikes that were totaled cosmetically.