• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

***WARNING*** 2015-18 YAMAHA “AR” BOAT OWNERS WITH FORWARD SWEPT WAKEBOARD TOWERS

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski all I need is the trailer. I can go pick her up and store her in my house until mid June (when I move to the new house without a proper backyard). Until then I can help with pulling parts as long as you brainy work of pricing them and selling them. I see a "free tower" and "free trailer" here.

PS. not sure what the trailer is worth, but I will take your word for it.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski all I need is the trailer. I can go pick her up and store her in my house until mid June (when I move to the new house without a proper backyard). Until then I can help with pulling parts as long as you brainy work of pricing them and selling them. I see a "free tower" and "free trailer" here.

PS. not sure what the trailer is worth, but I will take your word for it.
Trailer is worth 2-3k for sure, same with the tower. The engines are 5-6k each as complete long blocks. And so on...

No question there is money to be made. BUT, I really could not commit the time - this is a lot of time we are talking about.

Now - depending on what would the final bid be, I'm still interested.
Damn it.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are sure we can fetch $5K per engines lets go for it. I would have bought it myself, the only problem is that I am buying a house in 4 months and if I pull 8K out of my checking account Claire will kill me. ( rightfully so after the buying a jetski for no good reason) LOL

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This boat is actually probably salvageable. I think. It drives me crazy thinking of it. The damage is extensive but I could actually fix it, it would need some new stringers and lots and lots of fancy fiberglassing.
But yes, complete engines like that (assuming there is not water damage - and it does not look like there is ANY) are 5k+ NO QUESTION.

@Betik lets try to find out what it would take to take possession.

EDIT: Or not.
Maybe lets just forget about it and go to regular work tomorrow. And then grab one of those in 10-15 years to work on them. How about that, brother?
--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This boat is actually probably salvageable. I think. It drives me crazy thinking of it. The damage is extensive but I could actually fix it, it would need some new stringers and lots and lots of fancy fiberglassing.
But yes, complete engines like that (assuming there is not water damage - and it does not look like there is ANY) are 5k+ NO QUESTION.

@Betik lets try to find out what it would take to take possession.

EDIT: Or not.
Maybe lets just forget about it and go to regular work tomorrow. And then grab one of those in 10-15 years to work on them. How about that, brother?
--
Just tape that dinghy back together...
flextape-1.jpg

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You make the call "starszy brat". My family is healthy and my life is good. All these boating shenanigans are nothing but entertainment for me. If have it great, if not I am not going to miss it. It is not that my boat is trailer-less, LOL.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@J-RAD It crossed my mind, but then I thought that 5 foot waves on the gulfstream might win. LOL

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tempting...
Just two-three weeks of this:
upload_2018-2-6_22-44-11.png

With fiberglass coming out the wazoo... And done!

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@J-RAD I think about my anchor locker next time I cross to Bimini.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am going to go to bed and TRY to sleep. Thanks PaulyB !!!!!!
Next time keep these findings to yourself, please. You wont dangle a bottle of wine in front of an alcoholic friend , would ya? :jimlad:

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What crosses my mind is, how many people are searching for parts for that new of a boat? I wouldn’t think there would be much of a market for the parts.... of course I could be completely wrong.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you don't have the time to do it right, you don't have the time to do it over... @swatski doesn't know what it means to go half way.
Yeah, this is a thin FRP shell - and it cracks like an egg shell, the great think about it is - there is no core, no stringers (one would mold new ones in), and no double hull - where the damage is most extensive. This looks like a daunting but a doable project. Very challenging but could be very rewarding.

What crosses my mind is, how many people are searching for parts for that new of a boat? I wouldn’t think there would be much of a market for the parts
I agree, and this would be a major undertaking and the profits would not materialize overnight. But over long haul it is a safe bet, these 1.8 engines are like MR-1s - they are everywhere and there is always going to be someone looking. I bet you these engines have low hours, judging from the condition of the boat, damage notwithstanding.

ANyway - let's go to bed. Sweet dreams, @Betik, lol.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ANyway - let's go to bed. Sweet dreams, @Betik, lol.

--
Already dreaming..... You and Me under that Sunbrella tent of yours and getting high marine epoxy fumes. Maybe, @latitudeadjuster adjuster on the phone giving instruction how to get it hard, I hear that get you going. LOL

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Watching closely.

I call dibs on seat cushions, captain chairs, steering wheel, fresh water tank, and throttles lol.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just for reference I bought this https://www.copart.com/lot/31528447/ and this https://www.copart.com/lot/39586307/ for about 1/4 of what you can find them for. I have a 2008 that I wrecked and it is in pretty bad shape, so I have two good engines and electronics. The first boat, I pulled the plugs out and cranked it over, flushed the fuel tank and fuel rails, and she started right up, good compression on all cylinders, and got her cleaned up, now I just need to redo the interior, but I am going to wait a season to make sure the motors are good and it doesnt have any issues. The boat only has 315 hours on it, only 32 of which were from 8000-10000 RPMs. The 2008 I bought because I have an 08 wakeboard tower just wasting away, and i still have two engines and electronics if i need them. I got it home and one motor has a hole in the block, and the other started right up. I looked at the oil in the one that started right up and it was pretty black, so i will probably replace both engines with mine (which only have 230 hours on them. I'll post pics up after....

You can get some really incredible deals on damaged boats on copart, so I would think this one will be under 10k with the amount of damage.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@FloJet I think @swatski likes the challenge of rebuild it whereas I see a group buy and then cannibalize it.
Even it was not for my house, I would have given @PaulyB a max price + fees etc and let him buy it for us.
I just looked this morning and the price is still $4,550, but I do not want to destruct @swatski at his work, so I promised, today, not to address any of my posts directly towards " @swatski " .