• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Water temp...how cold is too cold for you to wakesurf(etc).?

Water temp...How cold is too cold for you to wakesurf (wet or dry suit allowed)?

• 70 degrees

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • 65 degrees

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • 60 degrees

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • 55 degrees

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • 50 degrees or colder! (brrrrr)

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
Normal swimwear...55 was the coldest & I don't think if do that one again :confused:, tho I don't regret doing it the first time :)

Went wakeboarding this past weekend with water temps around 73 degrees. Not too bad once you get past the first few seconds. Not so sure I would want to go out much below 70 degree water temp without some sort of wet/dry suit.

Different animal all together, but... Last year I did the Polar Plunge. The air temp was around 40 degrees and the water had sat outside the whole night before, I'm guessing mid to low 30 degrees temp. It was a rush! I'm doing it again this year for sure. I'm the one with the arrow pointed at me. This year I am going to try and make a better face like my Uncle behind me was making. Here's a link to the full video for those of you who have never seen one of those. Lots of people get dressed up in all kinds of crazy outfits. All money raised goes towards special olympics.

polar plunge.jpg

The coldest water I've ever swam in was about 58. But I was a young buck back then. I now draw the line at 65.
This past weekend, the air was 78 and the water was 73. It felt chilly at first but quickly got use to it.
On the other spectrum - the warmest water I've ever been in was the ocean in Clearwater, Florida. It was 90. It was RIDICULOUS! My wife loved it.

Anything above 70 is fine with me. The warmest our lake gets is about 80, which feels very nice. Swam in Tahoe for a couple of minutes a few weeks back. Not sure what the water temp was but I doubt it was much above 60. Definitely cool.

Reactions: 007
Last spring, I jumped in and did some kneeboarding @ 54 degrees. But I had on a full dive suit and boots. It totals 14 mil on your core. wasn't to bad once I was wet, but man getting the suit wet sucked.

Reactions: 007
007, just wanted you to know I can now surf in 65 degree water. Thanks for the advice and thanks to WakeMakers for the drysuit.

IMG_2650rev1.jpg IMG_2665rev1.jpg IMG_2695rev1.jpg IMG_2707rev1.jpg

We were out in 74 a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty comfortable. We've gone 65 with shorty (not to be confused with shawty). By the end of summer it's 88+ and we are wishing for cooler water.

we had a short trip to the lake yesterday (rain) but the surface temp was finally above 70* (72). I made it a point to get in...just a life jacket and shorts. It wasn't bad after a few minutes. If the sun would have been out it would have been NICE :) I think 70 will be my number.

Way to go Jim!!

we draw the line at around 62 degrees. But no wet or dry suit. It's only cold when you get in. But we try to boat when it's 75+ and sunny (so it feels really warm).

As a kid I'd routinely go surfing in winter with snow on the beach.
Now?
Ha!
Conditions need to just right to coax me out of my seat :)

Last year memorial day water temps were 53 and I jumped off the back of the boat. After catching my breath I told my wife to throw me the skies. Got up fast and once down got out

awesome @buckbuck ! You'll be jealous, I went sans wet or dry suit this weekend. It was a little refreshing, but a sure sign tha summer is near. Enjoy that day suit, we were surfing until the end of novemeber with one last year!

What do you do with all the air that gets trapped inside and makes you poofy looking? ( See picture of daughter above)

Back