• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Water temp...how cold is too cold for you to wakesurf(etc).?

Water temp...How cold is too cold for you to wakesurf (wet or dry suit allowed)?

• 70 degrees

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • 65 degrees

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • 60 degrees

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • 55 degrees

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • 50 degrees or colder! (brrrrr)

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
Wonder why you never see a fat man in a wet suit... I promise I will not scar retinas so it has to be above 75 for me to go.

The air is insulation! You want some air, otherwise it's like wearing seran wrap!

What do you do with all the air that gets trapped inside and makes you poofy looking? ( See picture of daughter above)
When you first get in the air is forced up and then you bleed it out of the suit. After letting the air out, the suit becomes form fitting.

Some suits have valves and others you can just pull your collar or cuff away to let air out.

I surfed today in 53 degree water. I was of course wearing a wet suit...it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be!

The temps on the scale don't go low enough to keep me out of the water. If the water is in liquid form I will get in with the proper wetsuit / drysuit. When I had jetskis I went out year round to play in the surf (best surf is in winter). However in the spirit of what this thread is mostly about I will get in wetsuit free if it is 50 and above as long as I am doing some sort of active activity. To enjoy lounging around in the water I prefer it to be around 60 and up.

The temps on the scale don't go low enough to keep me out of the water. If the water is in liquid form I will get in with the proper wetsuit / drysuit. When I had jetskis I went out year round to play in the surf (best surf is in winter). However in the spirit of what this thread is mostly about I will get in wetsuit free if it is 50 and above as long as I am doing some sort of active activity. To enjoy lounging around in the water I prefer it to be around 60 and up.

Well then, never has a screen name been more appropriate! ;)

Back