• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Weird forum behavior with new PC

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally retired my 9 year old Sony Vaio beast machine and picked up an Asus convertible flippy floppy thing.

This guy here if it matters-
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5UGF2W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now. I typically only use Chrome, but a few things I do I have to use Firefox for. I use a flash blocker on chrome, but it's disabled for this site. Also an ad blocker, also disabled for this site. I don't seem to have issues on any other site, but maybe I just haven't encountered yet.

First issue - you know when you hover your mouse over the "alerts", and a dropdown appears listing your alerts? Mine don't do that. Either browser.

Issue numero deuce - I can't create a new thread with Chrome. (using Firefox for this post). I can reply, but not post anything new. When I try to click the "create thread" button (after typing out the post and whatever), it thinks I hit the "Upload a File" button. The actual upload button works fine still, just not the "create" button.

The only other site I've encountered anything odd on is craigslist. Say I'm looking at a car for sale, and there are multiple pictures, typically when you mouse over them an arrow or something appears you can click to scroll through. I don't get that either. I mean, I can use my arrow keys, or just swipe, but didn't know if maybe that used a similar language to this site and might help with any diagnostic thoughts.

I signed in with Chrome, so all my extensions/bookmarks/etc...everything instantly transferred onto this machine. Same OS. Same deal with Firefox. Any ideas?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would start by deleting Chrome and reload it. Don't install/turn on any ad or flash blocking until you try this website first.