• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Welcome to the Wisconsin and Minnesota Regional Forum!!

Fezzik

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Where I live: , Vernon Hills area, IL, but boat is in Coloma, WI area
Current boat: 2022 Yamaha 255 FSH sport e
Previous boat/s: Does a canoe and kayak count?
Years owning a boating: 10+ but i'm still learning
Home lake/s or river/s: Castle Rock Lake, Lake Win
Other lakes and rivers I've boated on:
Tow vehicle:
F350 pickup
Trailer/Slip/Drystack: trailer
Marina location: Trying to find one
Boat mods/upgrades: Thrust Vector 2.0, Lateral thrusters. NOCO 2 bank trickle charger
Favorite boat mod/upgrade: Thrust Vector
Future mods: Side scan
Floatables: Future purchases
Towables: HO Sports Striker-3, ZUP You Got This board
Anchors: Large box anchor for bow, small box anchor for stern
Coolers: Yamaha cooler and built into the FSH
Winter storage: Heated indoor
Sucked up a rope: Not yet
Forgot to put the clean out plugs back in: Not yet
Favorite sandbar if conditions are perfect: Looking
Favorite on-water restaurant/bar: Again looking

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome @Fezzik !!

If you're ever on the Lake Winnebago chain l would love to see a 25' FSH up close. :)

Fezzik

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Welcome @Fezzik !!

If you're ever on the Lake Winnebago chain l would love to see a 25' FSH up close. :)
For sure! Do you have a suggestion for a good launch place on the west end of the lake coming from the Wautoma area?

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For sure! Do you have a suggestion for a good launch place on the west end of the lake coming from the Wautoma area?
You can drop in on Poygan in several areas. Captain's Cove and Nofke's are on the south side of Poygan, you can drop in on the north side of Poygan in Tustin or over by me on Alder Creek. Those spots will get you onto Poygan, and you have your choice of places to go from there - upriver on the Wolf to Partridge Lake and beyond, east to Winneconne, Butte des Morts & Winnebago.

I don't know much about them, but west of Wautoma is Petenwell or Castle Rock. Others more familiar with them can help you out there if you decide to venture over.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've only ever used two boat ramps and they're both in Oshkosh proper:

1- Rainbow Park in Oshkosh on the river between Butte des Morts and Winnebago. It's free but it gets pretty busy most weekends.

2- Pioneer Marina in Oshkosh which is located a stones throw south of where the Fox River empties into Winnebago. Costs $10 to launch which keeps the crowd down but they have a gas dock if you need to fill up.

There's a boat ramp on the south shore of Butte des Morts that looks pretty nice but I've never used it:

Butte des Morts boat ramp
4408 Harbor Village Dr
Omro, WI 54963

jburt26

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We always put in on south shore of BDM off of HWY 21 and Leonard Point. Always called this Sand Pit but not sure if that is it or not. Sheltered from wind, ample parking, 4 slips and right across from Terrell's Island. Centrally located in the chain which allows you to hide from wind accordingly.

Attachments

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We always put in on south shore of BDM off of HWY 21 and Leonard Point. Always called this Sand Pit but not sure if that is it or not. Sheltered from wind, ample parking, 4 slips and right across from Terrell's Island. Centrally located in the chain which allows you to hide from wind accordingly.
This is the same one that I referred to in Omro - it looks nice.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the same one that I referred to in Omro - it looks nice.
I've never used it, but oddly enough, I drive past it at least 2-3 times a month while working.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We always launch at Rainbow Park- it’s not free to park ($7 maybe?). This year we bought a season pass as last summer we started doing a few overnight and weekend trips up the river. Renting from Chicos landing..

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We always launch at Rainbow Park- it’s not free to park ($7 maybe?)
Good info. I've never parked there - just dropped the boat in the water before taking the trailer to the marina for storage.

jburt26

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Had the new boat out for her maiden voyage today on the BDM chain. Lake was very choppy and was a lot of traffic to add. Boat was lots of fun and a rocket ship from what I am used to. Learned lots about her. Ventured to the North West side of Poygan and found what looked to be a new sandbar. Excited to try that spot, but with a East wind again all weekend it will have to wait for a different time. Water temps were 70.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had the new boat out for her maiden voyage today on the BDM chain. Lake was very choppy and was a lot of traffic to add. Boat was lots of fun and a rocket ship from what I am used to. Learned lots about her. Ventured to the North West side of Poygan and found what looked to be a new sandbar. Excited to try that spot, but with a East wind again all weekend it will have to wait for a different time. Water temps were 70.
That spot is Indian Point, or 3 Silo's (self-explanatory on that one). There may be an east wind from time to time, but the prevailing wind is south/southwest.

Where did you drop in at? @WiskyDan was out and about today as well, you may have seen him at some point.

Welcome to the area!

jburt26

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That spot is Indian Point, or 3 Silo's (self-explanatory on that one). There may be an east wind from time to time, but the prevailing wind is south/southwest.

Where did you drop in at? @WiskyDan was out and about today as well, you may have seen him at some point.

Welcome to the area!

jburt26

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We put in at Sand Pit as we typically do. Saw a few Yamaha 255 in Winneconne in passing. Getting used to the steering was interesting, was expecting the low speed tracking issues, but the wheel resistance seemed extreme to turn, and the turning input took some getting used to.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We made a run from Oshkosh down to Sunset on the Water in Fond du Lac before lunch and then ended up at Streich’s cove in the afternoon. Lots of boats at the cove - it was a pretty festive atmosphere. Water wasn’t too cold where it would keep you from hopping in so all in all a pretty nice day.

A 242LS pulled in right by us, a 212X about thirty yards in the opposite direction, and probably another ten or so Yami’s sprinkled around. Some guy in a beautiful, brand new, Chaparral 257 SSX pulled in by us and I don’t think he had a clue what he was doing. Pulled straight into the cove with the bow pointing towards the shore and dropped his anchor straight down into the water about 5’ from the bow of a smaller boat. Trophy wife was all dolled up but neither of them ever got in the water - almost seemed scared of getting wet. Two guys that they must have known eventually came over and spun the boat in the correct direction and set their anchors for them.

Gotta look at my Garmin this morning. When we headed back to the marina at the end of the day it fired up but the screen went black (or turned itself off) after the circular “Loading maps” icon spun around for ten second or so. Sounds like low voltage can cause this but I’ve been at the sandbar for several hours before and never had this issue. :-/

Last edited:

Vedic_Art

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello friends!! Any of you happen to have a slip on Lake Minnetonka for next year and beyond? Thanks in advance!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello friends!! Any of you happen to have a slip on Lake Minnetonka for next year and beyond? Thanks in advance!
Good luck on the search, but you are in better shape starting now vs. waiting till next spring to get something lined up. Outside the marinas on the lake, one place to look is on one of the the Lake Minnetonka Facebook groups (there are a couple). I know slips get posted there from time to time.

vwallat99

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
New to the forums. Was looking at Jet-Boat related stuff as a way to cope with the Winter Blues. Pleasure to see a community of Boaters here!

Where I live: Rockford , MN
Current boat: 2000 Sea-Doo Challenger 1800 210v6 (2 years)
Previous boat/s: None but had a 2002 Sea-Doo RXDI which got me interested in a Jet-Boat
Years owning a boating: 2
Home lake/s or river/s: Lake Sarah , Lake Charlotte , Lake Pulaski
Other lakes and rivers I've boated on: White Iron Lake , Garden Lake , Farm Lake , Caribou Lake (Marcel) , Lake Minnetonka
Tow vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Trailer/Slip/Drystack: Trailer
Marina location:
Boat mods/upgrades:
None
Favorite boat mod/upgrade: None
Future mods: New Captain Chairs
Floatables: None
Towables: None
Anchors: Small anchor for the Bow
Coolers: Use Internal Cooler on the Passenger side only (Less BS)
Winter storage: Non-Heated indoor barn
Sucked up a rope: Sure have
Forgot to put the clean out plugs back in: Sure have
Favorite sandbar if conditions are perfect: Big Island , Lake Minnetonka
Favorite on-water restaurant/bar: Maynards , Lake Minnetonka
JetBoaters.net members that I've met: None

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum!!!

When I first considered a boat I looked at a SeaDoo Challenger - they look like fun!!