• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Well, looks like it's finally going to happen!

Devin Jensen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
ITS HAPPENING!!

My dealer just called and said they are headed to pick up the boat from Mississippi. We talked out the door pricing and I agreed to 35,960 + fenders, lines and some other misc items. They said they can cut me some off a deluxe mooring cover as well. I also get 4 years of extended warranty since Yanaha is running the promo. Seems like a good deal for OTD? MSRP is $34,799 so when you factor in taxes plus the other items I think it's good.

I pick her up Friday and can't wait!
congrats!!!

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ITS HAPPENING!!

My dealer just called and said they are headed to pick up the boat from Mississippi. We talked out the door pricing and I agreed to 35,960 + fenders, lines and some other misc items. They said they can cut me some off a deluxe mooring cover as well. I also get 4 years of extended warranty since Yanaha is running the promo. Seems like a good deal for OTD? MSRP is $34,799 so when you factor in taxes and fess plus the other misc items I think it's good.

I pick her up Friday and can't wait!

Christmas in July!! Lots of family memories are on the way. Congrats.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I called he dealer to check on if the boat arrived and he said its there and getting PDI'd. I forgot to ask him what the trailer was and I was expecting just the painted trailer based on the OTD price but to my surprise they are giving me the galvanized trailer! I feel much better about going to the gulf now :). Right now, I can't say enough good things about Wedowee Marine in Alabama!

2 more days!

Last edited:

Mike Serra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just started talking to them about a 242 Limited S E Series. Who did you work with @haknslash ?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just started talking to them about a 242 Limited S E Series. Who did you work with @haknslash ?
I'm working with Chad (sorry I can't remember his last name right now and his business card is at my home). Randy, the owner, is very nice and he's willing to do what it takes.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last night was hard to get some sleep. Tossed and turned all night lol. Leaving in about 2 hours to go get her!

Mike Serra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Last night was hard to get some sleep. Tossed and turned all night lol. Leaving in about 2 hours to go get her!
Best of luck to you! Can't wait to see some pictures!! Chad is the one that I am working with too..

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh I forgot to ask you guys but how often should I expect to need to charge the battery? I tested my old battery charger last night and it's dead and wasn't not a marine-use charger either. So I need to buy a new one but I was curious how often these boats need to sit on the charger? I will be boating nearly every weekend or doing my best to do so. I plan on using the single battery until I have a need for dual batteries with a stereo upgrade.

Leaving in about 15 minutes and I'm pumped!!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I top off my batteries before and after every outing. It helps to extend their life. If you keep your boat in your garage, it would be easy enough to just plug it up and leave them on the maintainer.

You can probably get a 2-bank charger from @ChargerGuy for less than $100.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@CFD3Captain is selling one of the classifieds for a single bank. You could run then resell when you do an extra battery. As stated keeping charged is piece of mind and extends life as well.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The alternator on these things is a beast. I've read posts on here of people going from a dead battery to fully charger after like a half and hour drive.
I plan on buying a battery maintainer for the winter. But during the summer season I take my boat out every weekend and haven't had a problem at all. I always turn the battery switch off after every use. My boat is only 3 months old too, so the battery is still strong and new

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just arrived at the dealer. Man it looks nice!

tocelli

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You should ask for that white shipping cover too. It is always nice to have an extra cover.

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great looking boat... going to be a fun weekend for you!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Headed home!

Fantastic! It didn't take them long to get that motor attached from your first picture. That should get you moving along nicely :jawdrop:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well guys I'm home safe and sound with the boat. I have an issue though. It won't fit even with tires deflated and it on the jack. There is a cable that stops the tower from folding any further. There is a nut on the underside holding a big rubber washer that the cable is attached to. I think I'm going to try and remove the washer to see if the tower can fold in the boat and rest of the seat temporarily. Looks like I'm going to have to see about getting my header raised which sucks because it's brick. Either that or do without the tower or get an SX. Grrrr

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok got the tower back up and it relieved tension on the cable with the nut and rubber washer on it. I think I'm just going to unbolt it and leave the washer off for good. The only times I see myself folding the tower is for storage in the garage so I'll just have to make sure to lay it gently on the seat. I'll update more when I get more progress...

Last edited:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How close is it?

A few possible solutions:
1. Would it be possible to slide the bow stop forward on the trailer to bring the boat closer to the tongue and in turn lower the height an inch or two?
2. Have the bunks lowered on the trailer. Would probably require cutting/welding. Might get an inch or two.
3. Swap out the rims and tires. Even if it was a temporary fix. You could use smaller rims with shorter tires just to get in in the garage, then swap back for trailering.
4. Might be possible to flip the axle and raise the fenders. Probable not likely, but an out of the box idea.

Hope you figure it out soon. As for me, I'd get a set of rims and roll it in on rims and change it back to stock set up before towing.

Devin Jensen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Ok got the tower back up and it relieved tension on the cable with the nut and rubber washer on it. I think I'm just going to unbolt it and leave the washer off for good. The only times I see myself folding the tower is for stage in the garage so I'll just have to make sure to lay it gently on the seat. I'll update more when I get more progress...

Good luck, im most likely gonna have the same problem come winter time!