• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Well, looks like it's finally going to happen!

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Take pictures. Is there any wires running up the tower you could pinch or pull? Just making sure it doesn't fold that far for a reason. Hope it works out.

Devin Jensen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
How close is it?

A few possible solutions:
1. Would it be possible to slide the bow stop forward on the trailer to bring the boat closer to the tongue and in turn lower the height an inch or two?
2. Have the bunks lowered on the trailer. Would probably require cutting/welding. Might get an inch or two.
3. Swap out the rims and tires. Even if it was a temporary fix. You could use smaller rims with shorter tires just to get in in the garage, then swap back for trailering.
4. Might be possible to flip the axle and raise the fenders. Probable not likely, but an out of the box idea.

Hope you figure it out soon. As for me, I'd get a set of rims and roll it in on rims and change it back to stock set up before towing.
or maybe take wheels off entirely and put the whole trailer on dollys? just spitballing definetly want to know what works best

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok got the tower back up and it relieved tension on the cable with the nut and rubber washer on it. I think I'm just going to unbolt it and leave the washer off for good. The only times I see myself folding the tower is for stage in the garage so I'll just have to make sure to lay it gently on the seat. I'll update more when I get more progress...
Geez. sigh of relief.
I was worried this is going to be next:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
WOOHOO SUCCESS IS IMMINENT! Detailed video is being uploaded now so that it will help anyone else out there. :thumbsup:

Basically remove the tower stop washers and the tower will sit inside the boat resting on the edges of the windshield (MUST BE CAREFUL) and I just tilt my steering wheel up so it rests on 3 points of contact. Use a towel to protect the glass and frame and it wil fit in just like an SX would! :winkingthumbsup"

Attachments

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome! Do I sense another noodle mod to help protect the tower/windshield coming? What can't you do with a pool noodle lol.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome that you got it figured out. Congrats.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I plan to get a lock for the clean out plug. Just finished garage boating for the night me have gone through the radio setting everything up. Read up on the break in procedure for tomorrow and I'm excited to get the boat out! We probably won't stay out all day as we have to start getting everything ready for our trip to the gulf next weekend but I hope we have a fun time with minimal incidents at docking or retrieving lol. Gonna practice around some buoys or something on the lake.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@haknslash it sounds like me and @blacksapphirez are going to get together tomorrow. Maybe head down to Lake Martin. Let us know if you want some company your first day out with that beautiful new boat!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash it sounds like me and @blacksapphirez are going to get together tomorrow. Maybe head down to Lake Martin. Let us know if you want some company your first day out with that beautiful new boat!
I think we are going to head down to Mitchell, I haven't been there in years and I want to ride up the lake to see if my old childhood lake cabin is still there. Aerial imagery on Google makes it look like its gone ;(. I would like to meet up with you guys this summer though. I haven't been on lake Tusacaloosa yet. Last time I was in that area I got chased on my seadoo by a tornado on the black warrior :D

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Haha, the first time we met up with @DBamaC we got hailed on. That's just summer in Alabama. We would love to have you join us any time.

Post up lots of pictures tomorrow!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I may take my Canon DSLR camera with me. I want to get a nice picture from the water level but not sure I want to risk my camera and lenses lol. Might just use my work iPhone for that heh. I dug out my old original GoPro Hero from the closet today but of course it's dead I think, so looks like I need to get a replacement. GoPro prices sure have raised over the years compared to when my]I've was new!

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's my intentions with them for quick, light use. Supposedly they help with boat wakes pounding while docked too. I got the 5' bungees. I need some fender adjusters too.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Damn it's 12:15 and I really need to get some sleep if I want to enjoy the day tomorrow. [flag]

Today was an epic day, even with all the garage struggles earlier!:thumbsup:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Getting ready to he'd to the lake. It's about 45 minutes away half interstate and half back roads. Should I tow with my cover? Since my cushions are new they are hard to get out so I don't think any would fly out, or maybe they would. Thoughts?