• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Well, looks like it's finally going to happen!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should have many options, actually. Bluetooth is only one of them. A wired remote (as mentioned). You can also put your phone at the helm and wire the aux input over to the helm to directly connect (rather than Bluetooth). You can replace the head unit (but that is more than you will want to spend). Either way, if you are involving the phone, though, I would recommend a Ram Mount phone holder. They are incredibly solid. I have the one with the suction cup. Never falls off and the phone never falls out. Makes it much easier than trying to fish the phone out of wherever you stashed it...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hmmm that gives me an idea, I still have some of my RAM mount hardware from one of my GPS motorcycle mounts. I could 3D model a phone cradle and print it with my 3D printer at work! Hmmm, first mod maybe? :D

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@DBamaC if the stock radio is Bluetooth shouldn't I be able to control my phone volume, switch songs on apps, etc like I can in my truck basically allowing for some form of volume control and song selection? I really hate Yamaha chose to put the radio all the way over there. It's the same way on my fathers old busted Bayliner and it was always a pain changing stations on the port side. I will look into a wired remote in the future but I'm hoping since it says it is Bluetooth that is just get by with manipulating things with my phone rather than using the deck.
You can. I just find it to be a hassle and I'm constantly having to flip up my sunglasses to see the screen. Not to mention the battery drain. What I've started doing (usually) in sticking my iPad in my glove box when I first get on the boat, link to the radio, start my lake play list and then I close the lid and never look at it again. That little remote is all I need for the rest of the day as long as I don't shut off my battery. That way my phone battery is charged when I need it. Besides, I hate hearing text messages coming in over the speakers or worse the phone ringing. I just avoid the whole thing.

I didn't take my iPad to Lake Tuscaloosa yesterday and @Bill D and @blacksapphirez got to listen to text come in all afternoon.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually, that reminds me of my favorite mod: I took an old iPod we had lying around. Its 10M is plenty for like 30 days of music. I have a Jazz, Pop/Rock and Country playlist. It says on the boat, never gets sync'd (or rarely). In fact, the battery is almost shot on the thing. I velcro'd it at the helm and plugged it up to the input Aux jack, with the USB power cord hooked up. I almost never use my phone. I just push play on the iPod.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great idea for the iPad @DBamaC . I have an old IPad laying around that isn't being used and it could serve as my media so phone won't be draining all day. Perfect idea!

Damn I wish I had my boat already so I could be garage boating ideas all day lol. I will say the new tower on the 2016 AR's is real nice. He had a 2016 AR190 which I thought about getting but even though the 192 is thirstier, the added features made the boat seem much nicer by comparison. That SeaDeck on the swim platform was real nice feeling and I think I want to put it throughout the rest of the boat. Hopefully it's not a pain to get all the snaps up.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nah. Snaps are easy. They just unscrew. In fact 2-3 of mine were stripped and I had trouble keeping them *in*the boat. You fill the holes with some 5200, let it dry, wipe down with acetone, and lay down your SeaDek. Easy peasy.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@haknslash - First congrats on the boat! You have more self control than I do!

We just visited PCB and used the ramp at St Andrews state park. $16 per day. Nice place, well kept, with security on site. Only draw back was they like you to be back by dark. So as soon as the sun sets you gotta head back. Do watch out for sea grass that can clog your jets (personal experience).

When you visit I HIGHLY suggest a place called "Just the Cook" (see attached pic). They have the best burgers I have EVER had!! It's a red/white boat house with an American flag. Oh....and FREE BEER! seriously

As for hang out places (especially with the kiddo) I suggest going into the North side of the East side of the jetties. Shallow protected waters for great swimming and snorkeling. Btw - bring some cash for the ice cream concession boat.

Hope you guys have a great trip! Enjoy, be safe.....don't forget to flush those jets after every use (especially in salt water)

Screenshot_20160710-113013.png

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't think the boat they are picking up comes with the galvanized trailer, so how big of a deal is it going to be if I get the painted trailer and take one annual trip or two to the gulf each year if I was the hell out of the trailer after each use? I'll be boating 99% of the time in fresh water lakes but there will be a trip or two we take to the gulf.

Ice cream boat?!?! Oh hell yes! We will be chasing that thing all over the bay lol.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just rinse clean the trailer after the salt maybe pretreat with t-9 you should be fine. I think some people go as far as a garden sprayer with a salt away solution after dunking as well.

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on the your boat and managing all of the other stuff for your family. Making sure that you have your finances in order is sooooo important. Kudos.

You had mentioned boat insurance earlier. There are several posts on this site around insurance. Just type in "insurance" in the search box. But I have attached a link to one of the larger threads that started in 2014, but also has updated information for 2016 as well.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/insurance-thread.560/

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok y'all I may have ran into a unforeseen problem!! :eek:

I had read on here of members being able to fit their 2015 and previous year boats with a tower in a 7' garage. I did not realize the heights are apparently different for the newer boats. Yamaha says it's 7'9" with the tower collapsed. My garage is right at 84", maybe a half an inch more or so. I need to know from anyone with the newer AR 190/192 forward swept tower if it will fit before I sign any papers! If the specs are right, can I expect to drop 9" by using a floor jack and at worst having to deflate or do you guys think it will fit? 9" seems like a lot to overcome...:oops:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok y'all I may have ran into a unforeseen problem!! :eek:

I had read on here of members being able to fit their 2015 and previous year boats with a tower in a 7' garage. I did not realize the heights are apparently different for the newer boats. Yamaha says it's 7'9" with the tower collapsed. My garage is right at 84", maybe a half an inch more or so. I need to know from anyone with the newer AR 190/192 forward swept tower if it will fit before I sign any papers! If the specs are right, can I expect to drop 9" by using a floor jack and at worst having to deflate or do you guys think it will fit? 9" seems like a lot to overcome...:oops:
Congrats on the possible new boat purchase! I dont think you will overcome 9 inches by deflating you would likely have to take the tires off to get that much clearance. Or possibly look at moving to a SX192

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I mean using a floor jack or caster mod in addition to deflating. I've seen people fit older 230's and 210's in a 7' garage so surely the 19' could fit!

I just don't see how the heights are so different from a 2015 to a 2106. The tower on the older boats doesn't lay within the boat and appears to stick above the windshield roughly the same height as the newer boats. Is the trailer taller for 2016 or is there possibly a typo on Yamahas website? I really don't care for the SX in the 19' as the co-captains chair appears to take up a lot of space compared to the J-seating for the AR's.

I'm going to have to call the dealer first thing in the morning and see if one of them can get measurements before they drive all the way across the state to pick up the boat. It would be a wasted trip if the boat can't fit in a standard 7' garage.

Figures with my luck I would hit another snag trying to get a dang boat!

Last edited:

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
35k for a new AR192, that's an awesome price! My 16' SX192 came to well more than that when I factored in dealer fee, tax and a custom cover.
I really wanted the AR model too, but didn't think I could easily fit in in my 7' garage. I never tried, just the conclusion I came to, maybe I was wrong.

When it comes to gas, everyone will tell you something different. It all depends on how you use the boat, many people drive their boat to a sand bar or cove and hang out for a while. They use less than 10 gallons in an outing. Personally I really enjoy driving the boat. (Granted I've only been a boat owner for a few months) But it's nothing for me to go through a tank and a half in a good day of riding. But I like I said, I really enjoying exploring all over the lakes and tubing and really riping fast around the lake.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I'm hoping they stick to the 35k as that is what he told me he could get me into the 2016 AR192, so they are probably gonna play with the numbers to get what they need. I was hoping to get some free lines, fenders, etc but I'm not sure if they will go for that if I only have to pay around $35k OTD. He said he could get me the deluxe mooring cover at cost and he said that would be about $750 but I was thinking those covers were a little less than that at retail.

I chatted via text message with the salesman this morning and he is going to verify for me what the absolute lowest the boat can go. I told him I have 82"-83" to work with. In the meantime @Dieselmore helped me with some measurements last night in this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/sx-ar-192-trailer-height.8670/page-2#post-175875 on his 2016 AR. He said he measured 85" to the top of his tower and 88" to the very top of the tow pole / light with the trailer not in the lowest position. He also said the tow pole / light can be removed giving me a few more inches of clearance. With those numbers in mind, I think I can squeeze it in but I need the dealer to confirm by putting a boat on the ground with trailer tongue swung out of the way and with the trailer wheel jack folded up. Basically I need to know height to the top of the tower bar with trailer as low as possible sitting on a floor jack or caster.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Actually, that reminds me of my favorite mod: I took an old iPod we had lying around. Its 10M is plenty for like 30 days of music. I have a Jazz, Pop/Rock and Country playlist. It says on the boat, never gets sync'd (or rarely). In fact, the battery is almost shot on the thing. I velcro'd it at the helm and plugged it up to the input Aux jack, with the USB power cord hooked up. I almost never use my phone. I just push play on the iPod.
After I read this, I remembered that I had thrown my thrown my daughters old iPad Touch in the drawer last year when she got an iPhone. I charged it up, did a reset, down loaded my music and changed the wallpaper....voila, music and camera to leave on the boat.

This is recycling I don't mind doing.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@DBamaC that is what I did with my old iPhone 5 also. I don't mind the cracked screen either and can still send photos if needed.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok I just spoke with the salesman and he says I should be able to make the boat fit based off the Yamaha spec sheet he has. He also said f it doesn't fit they will work something out (my guess is SX192 swap + some goodies thrown in). He then said there are some pins on the tower which can be removed allowing the tower to "slide forward and a bit downward". Does anyone with a newer tower recall seeing these pins? I think based off the other members' posts in trhe SX/AR 190/192 section that I should be able to make the boat fit if I use a floor jack and remove the light pole on top of the tower. Might have to deflate as a worse case I suppose. If one member is getting 85" to the top of the tower with the trailer wheel jack still deployed then I can't see how it wouldn't fit if I drop it on a floor jack. It's good to know the salesman said he's worked with people in situations like this before and they will figure something out if it doesn't fit. I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on the AR and hope for the best I think.

From all the pictures I've tried to find on the intern, the 2016 tower itself does not look to sit that much higher than previous year towers that dropped towards the back. Their pivot point was near the same location and height as it looks the new tower has when you factor in removing the tow pole / light.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome news @haknslash! Get that boat so you can start your season.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
ITS HAPPENING!!

My dealer just called and said they are headed to pick up the boat from Mississippi. We talked out the door pricing and I agreed to 35,960 + fenders, lines and some other misc items. They said they can cut me some off a deluxe mooring cover as well. I also get 4 years of extended warranty since Yanaha is running the promo. Seems like a good deal for OTD? MSRP is $34,799 so when you factor in taxes and fess plus the other misc items I think it's good.

I pick her up Friday and can't wait!

Last edited: