• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What cooler are you guys using in your SX210

Yellowbird911

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have a new to us 07 SX210 and looking for cooler options. Currently am using the center storage hold for the cooler and really like it being out of the way. The only cooler I have that fits is a 28qt Igloo and is not that great at keeping ice for more than a day trip. My zipper topped Arctic will fit but opening the zipper is a pain when in the hold. Looking for options, but want it out of the way and not sliding around in the floor. The big storage cabinet seems like a good place it is using full of beach bags. Thanks for any input.

Dthorpe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't think there is any ideal cooler for a boat. I like the soft sided kind with a quick access door. If a cooler keeps ice for a day, that's good with me. The soft kind is just so easy to move around, and they don't slide as much either. This is what I have, they say it keeps ice for 3 days...never tried that. Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 6.38.41 PM.png

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have a new to us 07 SX210 and looking for cooler options. Currently am using the center storage hold for the cooler and really like it being out of the way. The only cooler I have that fits is a 28qt Igloo and is not that great at keeping ice for more than a day trip. My zipper topped Arctic will fit but opening the zipper is a pain when in the hold. Looking for options, but want it out of the way and not sliding around in the floor. The big storage cabinet seems like a good place it is using full of beach bags. Thanks for any input.
The newer Yeti soft coolers use a strong magnet across the top so you don’t have to mess with zippers. They ain’t cheap though. I put 20 ish cans and a 10lb bag of ice in mine last Sunday, day got cut short due to storms, cooler got out in the garage, I was still taking cold drinks from it on Wend.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We tried a couple different coolers from our camping selection, but now we use the included Igloo cooler with a pull up lid oddly enough. We have several coolers for camping, but found the one that came with the boat with the easy open lid the most convenient as we keep it in the bow and people can just walk forward, lift the lid forward and grab the goodies. I took the wheels and handle off so it doesn't move around and is easier to manage. Keeps everything cold all day. Looks like this:
cooler.jpeg

Dthorpe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The included cooler shown above is our favorite cooler — for everything but boating. If we put it in the hatch it seems like the lid is always popping off, and its hard exterior scrapes on the fiberglass when we remove it. But for other things, it is the perfect size for dragging around behind you on its wheels.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The included cooler shown above is our favorite cooler — for everything but boating. If we put it in the hatch it seems like the lid is always popping off, and its hard exterior scrapes on the fiberglass when we remove it. But for other things, it is the perfect size for dragging around behind you on its wheels.
LOL...funny how people have completely opposite experiences. We don't put ours away, it stays out in the bow all day so it works for us. At least you have a use for it since you got it with the boat. Our favourite for camping or day trips is a 20 year old Coleman with flip over lid that acts as a table for drinks and fits nicely between our folding chairs around the fire. We have an extreme cooler with thick walls to keep everything else like frozen burgers, dogs, condiments, etc. cold when camping.

Yellowbird911

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the responses. Were on the boat all weekend and one plus to the slightly smaller cooler compared to the hold size is that a garbage bag fit down beside the cooler so people just put their old can in the trash when retrieving a new one. Still the ice does not last long. If I had a ice machine at the house I'd just fill the forward compartment with ice and drinks but pretty sure the ice would barely last the day.

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a soft sided Yeti (Admirals Xmas gift from work). It fits perfectly between the captain's chair and the rear bench, so always out of the way and never moves. It fits so well, one friend commented we got the boat based on the cooler. It perfect for our day trips.

Yellowbird911

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ctyke, I know the one you are talking about. Didn't think of placing a cooler there just didn't want to have one out in the middle of the floor. Can you still rotate the seat some? Usually end up the seat at 45 degrees when pulling tubes and stuff.

Zechbruder

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have been happy with this soft side cooler. Fits behind seats if you don't have them all the way back. Even if in the middle of the floor, it doesn't slide around too bad underway. It is usually just my wife and I so something near the deck drain isn't in our way. While it retains ice very well, the zipper is a PITA sometimes.

Amazon.com : RTIC Soft Pack 30, Grey : Sports & Outdoors

Screenshot 2020-08-21 09.31.16.png

I also have a couple of Igloo Max Cold hardside coolers that can fit behind the seats, as they do slide readily. Haven't tried the snap-in carpet yet. Bought them 15 years ago to use with a PWC's "Hydrotrailer" instead of the gas cans it came with, so not finding them available on-line.

1untitled.png

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We use the AO cooler. Slides under the port seat when in the lounge position and is out of the way & out of the sun. Holds a LOT of drinks, food & ice. Keeps ice all day no problem as long as I can get the kids to zip it back up when they're done. No leaks and no issues with almost a full season of use.

Last edited:

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We use a small yeti and keep in the port side cabinet.
It was a gift or I wouldn’t have spent that much on a small cooler, but it’s really stable & never slides or tips in any conditions and obviously stays very cold. I usually throw a fake ice thing in it the night before to precool it & then it barely needs any ice to stay cold all day in very hot weather.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think there is any ideal cooler for a boat.
I used to think there was no perfect cooler........but then I found these :D

I'm honestly having some issues thinking about finding another cooler for our next boat. I run (2) of these on our AR190 and they work PERFECTLY. Just touch the bottom of the seat support. Don't slide around. Hold enough drinks and food for 2 adults and 2 kids for a full day on the water.

20190226_180426.jpg

Also, in an effort to be completely transparent. I have a cooler problem. I seriously have like 15 of them. My wife thinks I've lost my mind (for this and many other reasons).

Zechbruder

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also, in an effort to be completely transparent. I have a cooler problem. I seriously have like 15 of them. My wife thinks I've lost my mind (for this and many other reasons).

Geez. Thought I had a problem at 9 coolers, 12 if you count my portable AC/DC freezer/fridges. We should start a help group.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Geez. Thought I had a problem at 9 coolers. We should start a help group.
There's just so many different uses for them.
(2) for the boat.
(2) soft sided ones. These work well for road trips, soccer games, etc.
Couple of Coleman Xtremes for long camping trips and keeping the food cold all weekend.
Then we have the (3) coolers it took to find the perfect cooler for this boat. Those are usually only used for birthday parties and the like when I need to ice down a gajillion drinks
Have granddads old metal sided coleman in the basement somewhere.
Have a floating Bobber Cooler. This is great for "adult weekend" and floating beverages in the water with us without having to get back in the boat.
Then there are a couple spares that I keep around when someone needs to borrow one.
Might even have a styrofoam one sitting around somewhere from attempts at getting cold beer home once upon a time

I swear "Coolers Anonymous" could be a thing!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We use the AO cooler. Slides under the port seat when in the lounge position and is out of the way & out of the sun. Holds a LOT of drinks, food & ice. Keeps ice all day no problem as long as I can get the kids to zip it back up when they're done. No leaks and no issues with almost a full season of use.
31299EF3-3693-4477-8299-FDBACD269E06.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to think there was no perfect cooler........but then I found these :D

I'm honestly having some issues thinking about finding another cooler for our next boat. I run (2) of these on our AR190 and they work PERFECTLY. Just touch the bottom of the seat support. Don't slide around. Hold enough drinks and food for 2 adults and 2 kids for a full day on the water.

View attachment 131057
This. I've got two of these, one gray, one blue. Differentiates food from drinks. Sucks to carry them, but the convenience of them fitting perfectly under the seat more than makes up for that. I can also verify that they are a consensus favorite at the sandbar, since they float, and as long as everything is loaded nicely, it makes a nice floating table.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Polar Bear eclipse. I use it more than my two yetis. It just lives on top of one of the seats. We never have a full boat. And it doesn’t slide.