• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need to get some pictures up... added just this weekend

1. ProMarine Dual Bank Smart Charger system - super easy install - not cutting a hole in the new boat so just running an extension cord - works great.
2. New Marine Mat pieces - added the front AR250 label mat (looks fantastic) and the step through back mat.
3. New 100 foot hose on the dock to clean the boat and hose off the jet dock.
4. Owls- added some Owl scarecrows to the jet dock to keep (or try to keep) the birds and snakes away!
5. New sand bar spike - took the kids out to the North Side of Kelly's state park beach - water was 67 degrees! They didn't care - Mission Reef Mat got some good use and the new sand bar spike was super handy. Love the box anchor as well.

Last weekend I added the Cobra Jet Fins Steering system- LOVE this add on. So easy and huge difference after adding. I have had jet boats for years (smaller ones) and you can feel the water now with these similar to an OB... I love the add on. If anyone is on the fence here just add it - best $500 bucks spent so far.

All in all loving the new AR250.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2. New Marine Mat pieces - added the front AR250 label mat (looks fantastic) and the step through back mat.
Where did you get these if you dont mind me asking? I reached out to JBP a few weeks ago to place an order but the color that I think matches our mats the closest was on backorder.

Alex A

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I feel like a slacker compared to some of the ambitious projects I read about here but I just installed a 5 channel amp to some lower end wet sounds speakers installed two seasons ago, a used 10” bazooka marine tube. Even for such a modest system with the cheapest quasi quality 5 channel amp (soundstream rubicon something or another) installed, words can’t describe the night and day difference in sound quality and volume. Can’t go up against the big boys with the jl audios (dream system) and others, but sounds pretty darn good. Gonna go out in a few minutes and lube up them steering cables using the excellent tutorials I’ve found on here. Love you guys and love this site.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Finally got our boat named! Our last name is Jett and we have twins so it seemed a natural fit.
20210525_160312.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I built and installed a new battery tray that accommodates 3 batteries (2 house, 1 start) and two on board chargers (1 dual bank, 1 single bank). This took me so much more time than anticipated that I’m too embarrassed to say how much.

I also installed the trash bag hooks that I purchased from @jetboatsupply last week for $15 including shipping. It took 10 minutes at most to install these.not nearly as elaborate as some trash can mods here but cheap and easy to install, no cutting involved (the screws are the perfect length).

between the two I’m sure many of my guests will appreciate the trash can mod and few if any will know about the battery mod.
6B898AEB-8648-4750-841A-F41EDC50E4CD.jpegC898813A-86BF-4A7B-9062-16365843950B.jpegDABE8A28-CDCF-4866-86E9-93CE9E53768C.jpegA2A84843-D3CE-4208-B862-F6059DCE69E3.jpeg6243617F-5CBE-4036-9680-CF1EBAF61655.jpegEC1BAEE0-1FD2-4B7F-8E66-599071742614.jpeg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I built and installed a new battery tray that accommodates 3 batteries (2 house, 1 start) and two on board chargers (1 dual bank, 1 single bank). This took me so much more time than anticipated that I’m too embarrassed to say how much.

I also installed the trash bag hooks that I purchased from @jetboatsupply last week for $15 including shipping. It took 10 minutes at most to install these.not nearly as elaborate as some trash can mods here but cheap and easy to install, no cutting involved (the screws are the perfect length).

between the two I’m sure many of my guests will appreciate the trash can mod and few if any will know about the battery mod.
View attachment 151461View attachment 151462View attachment 151463View attachment 151464View attachment 151465View attachment 151466
Nice work Ronnie. What are the gate handles for?

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice work Ronnie. What are the gate handles for?
They are grab points which help me pull the tray out when necessary. Currently the board is held in place by a single lag screw (only the top of it is pictured). I also put bunk slides on the bottom and before final install I sprayed the carpet with some lube. I forgot to install the charging leads on the back battery (affectionately named “HO II” for House Battery 2) and had a hell of a time getting back to it.

I wonder if moving the batteries closer to center / inline with the pilots seat would improve handling/better balance out my weight? Not curious enough to try it though.
35837750-EAEA-4651-9BBF-CDA0DFC5033E.jpeg7941D144-BAC7-4B93-BF5E-776714ABF4BB.jpeg

madtom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
replaced my missing trash can from the starboard storage hatch.......... Yamaha replacement price
. Can, Trash INCLUDED WITH REF.36 NOT

F4A-U561C-00-00 292.00...........................................

hangit mate from boatoutfitters.com 35.99.....

same as OEM ...... just clipped it in to existing fittings on the door.

hang-it-mate-hanging-trash-can.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

View attachment 151461View attachment 151462View attachment 151463View attachment 151464View attachment 151465View attachment 151466
So you were able to connect 2 house batteries to the house switch? Do you know the capacity of the switch? Maybe 150A? Makes it a a lot easier that way, I would think. Just asking for future reference, in case I decide to add an additional battery.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No clue about the spec of the switch. It’s the modular assembly that came with the boat originally, 3 switches (start, house, emergency combine) and a dvsr.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
New house battery. The old one lasted 4 years and wouldn't take a charge. Still a group 27 but switched to a Duralast from an Everstart. We'll see I guess. Still a lead acid battery. Don't see a need to spend the additional money on an AGM.16251022866373140006403821953161.jpg

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Over the last week:
SeaDeck on the topsides, anchor locker, center seat step, etc... (awaiting group buy for the swim deck kit)
IMG_2458.jpgIMG_2453.jpgIMG_2455.jpgIMG_2456.jpgIMG_2457.jpg

This weekend I installed Thrust Vectors and Lateral Thrusters. Like them, a lot, so far... but thats a whole 'nother thread. #controversial ;)

and today- had a FloatAir lift put in
Lift1.jpg

Today before launch added a Noco Genius Gen 5x2 10Amp charger for shore charging. Lets see if it can charge and attempt repair the house battery. If not then a new house battery is next.

Last edited:

bfranklin03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've hated the taupe bimini that came on my boat since the day I brought it home, never could understand why they paired that with a black boat that had a white/grey interior. Started to fall apart this season, and just generally looked a little gross. Swapped it for charcoal today, love it. Super tight though, so leaving it out for a bit to stretch.

I also have a 2017 242 LS with the taupe bimini. I'm looking for a black bimini, or as close to black as I can get. I've found two Yamaha P/N's that might work. PN F3F-U3108-50-00 is called "Ash" and PN F3F-U3108-40-00 is called "Coal". Do you remember which PN you ordered, and whether the Ash or Coal color is closer to black?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I also have a 2017 242 LS with the taupe bimini. I'm looking for a black bimini, or as close to black as I can get. I've found two Yamaha P/N's that might work. PN F3F-U3108-50-00 is called "Ash" and PN F3F-U3108-40-00 is called "Coal". Do you remember which PN you ordered, and whether the Ash or Coal color is closer to black?
Sorry, don't remember the P/N and can't find it in my email. The one pictured is the 'coal' color, and I *think* is the darker of the two. I'm pretty sure there is a proper black one, but the grey would go better with my interior, so went that route.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Replaced my swim deck speakers, one was blown. Thanks to @Av8tor07 I got his old Polk speakers for free. Painted the grills white to blend in instead of the silver.
20210905_144206.jpg

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FInally got around to installing the Thrust Vectors that I had purchased during the group buy. I have been getting used to driving the boat without them and was doing pretty good. Still learning how to pull alongside a dock, which has been my biggest challenge, but other than that I've gotten pretty good at it. Decided to try the Thrust Vectors to see if they make a difference.

Wow is all I can say. Pulling out of the ramp and coming back was simplified by a huge margin. For those familiar with the area, I went out to Egmont Key and had no trouble backing up to anchor in between other boats that were already anchored. The response to steering input was greatly amplified. Same thing back at the ramp, i was able to pull alongside the dock to offload the fam and then backout to line it up to the trailer with hardly any steering input.

Please excuse the dirty stern of the boat. Being in outside storage and the recent rains along with a healthy dose of CorrosionX has made the stern dirtier than it needs to be.

First two are Pre install.

Pre-Back
Pre-TV-Back.jpg

Pre-Side
Pre-TV-Side.jpg

Post-Back

Post-TV-Back.jpg

Post-Side

Post-TV-Side.jpg

All in all, great product from Will @JetBoatPilot. I believe it was asked in a previous post, but I didn't experience any loss of turning while in reverse. However, I'm looking forward to his Lateral Thrusters 2.0 for even better handling.