• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went to clean Bimini and Mooring cover but the water beaded off so well I decided to just leave it be and not spray it down. That 303 Fabric Guard is the best!!!!
Now that you've done your mooring cover, how did you go about applying the 303 Fabric Guard?

Also, maybe some tips, or anything you'd do differently the next time you have to apply it.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Now that you've done your mooring cover, how did you go about applying the 303 Fabric Guard?

Also, maybe some tips, or anything you'd do differently the next time you have to apply it.
Yea, No problem @drewkaree. Pretty simple really. Lay the mooring cover out in the yard and I used a hand pump sprayer ($10 at Lowes/HD) and just spray it down. You can tell where you sprayed and where you didn't. I just do the outside of the mooring cover. No need to flip it over and do the other side. Same thing for the bimini.
I did lay it out on the driveway once but didn't like how the concrete was a little "grabby" on the material and didn't want a tear. You could put out a tarp on then the mooring cover if you didn't want to do it in your yard. I used a solid gallon for the 24" mooring cover and bimini.

I swear by that stuff... If you have outside patio cushions. Use it on them too. Water beads right off.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, No problem @drewkaree. Pretty simple really. Lay the mooring cover out in the yard and I used a hand pump sprayer ($10 at Lowes/HD) and just spray it down. You can tell where you sprayed and where you didn't. I just do the outside of the mooring cover. No need to flip it over and do the other side. Same thing for the bimini.
I did lay it out on the driveway once but didn't like how the concrete was a little "grabby" on the material and didn't want a tear. You could put out a tarp on then the mooring cover if you didn't want to do it in your yard. I used a solid gallon for the 24" mooring cover and bimini.

I swear by that stuff... If you have outside patio cushions. Use it on them too. Water beads right off.
Be careful of getting it on any grass that you care about. It will water protect the grass and in turn kill it. If you put it on heavy it will go through and kill the grass beneath. I do mine on a fence or the driveway

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

We completely agree with ya' on the 303 products, we swear by it on how well it cleans and protects all of our vinyl. Now we're experimenting with using RejeX Soil Barrier/Anti-Stain Protection on the hull this year. Gotta keep er' lookin' good :)

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

That’s great info, I was thinking about how bad my hands would be cramped up, I was going to use a spray bottle, but the sprayer will be faster and a much better idea!

Be careful of getting it on any grass that you care about. It will water protect the grass and in turn kill it. If you put it on heavy it will go through and kill the grass beneath. I do mine on a fence or the driveway
ALSO great info, and ESPECIALLY useful to ME, because I have a wedding that's going to be held soon in the area I was considering laying out my cover to do this!

Now I'm wondering if I should use this on some Nimblewill I'm trying to kill off! 🤣

To all of you guys, is it just simply a matter of spraying it down, or would it be beneficial to rub it in (I've got PPE for much worse chemicals)?

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So as many have done I added a new anchor locker drain. Sealed her up tight with some 4200.
20210425_154801.jpg
20210425_154531.jpg

Then not today, but recently moved batteries and installed a 2 bank noco charger. Yes, it is hidden in there somewhere.. Also added some storage bins.

20210425_155324.jpg
20210425_155351.jpg

Then we decided we hated the cooler that came with the boat so we went and bought a regular igloo cooler that was slightly larger but fits perfect in the molded floor area. Since we did not want to take it in and out all the time, I added a $3 valve and tubing that runs down and drains out of the engine bay drain when we are ready to empty the water. Only required 1 hole to be drilled, but works like a charm.
20210425_154859.jpg20210425_155108.jpg20210425_155209.jpg20210425_155241.jpg20210425_155250.jpg

Lastly, installed a hydroflax cooler next to the passenger seat. Fits perfect.

20210425_155411.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So as many have done I added a new anchor locker drain. Sealed her up tight with some 4200.
View attachment 147880
View attachment 147884
@Yambers I have one more drain and some clamps I have to order, before I finalize my Amazon cart, how did you get at that stupid anchor Locker drain? Is it just held in place with sealant, or is that a nut on the backside, requiring a contortionist to get at, to snug it up? Also, make with the details of that drain fitting. Where, who, all the good stuff!

Last edited:

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Readied the boat a month ago, have used twice since, finally had time today to ready the SeaDoo as well for the season. As always oil, filter, filter cap O rings and plugs, no matter the use from the prior year. Decided to replace the COP boots this year, originals were 11 years old, added the proper molykote 111 moisture block too.

IMG_7138.JPG

IMG_7139.JPG

IMG_7140.JPG

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Yambers I have one more drain and some clamps I have to order, before I finalize my Amazon cart, how did you get at that stupid anchor Locker drain? Is it just held in place with sealant, or is that a nut on the backside, requiring a contortionist to get at, to snug it up? Also, make with the details of that drain fitting. Where, who, all the good stuff!
I just did this on my 21 and it was held in place by friction, no sealant that i could find when I removed it. Used plastic auto trim removers to pry it from the outside. Once it was out far enough I pulled it with pliers. I would add a good later of painters tape on the outside around the fitting to protect the finish. Putting the nut on the new drain fitting did require a contortionist to reach. It tool my son and I to finagle that sucker on and even then it wasn't flat due to the contour of my anchor locker, but snug enough it wont fall out. Plenty of 5200 added to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just did this on my 21 and it was held in place by friction, no sealant that i could find when I removed it. Used plastic auto trim removers to pry it from the outside. Once it was out far enough I pulled it with pliers. I would add a good later of painters tape on the outside around the fitting to protect the finish. Putting the nut on the new drain fitting did require a contortionist to reach. It tool my son and I to finagle that sucker on and even then it wasn't flat due to the contour of my anchor locker, but snug enough it wont fall out. Plenty of 5200 added to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.
@drewkaree What he said. I did remove the u shaped bracket held inside the locker with 2 screws. The nut on the drain will NOT seal tightly as stated. Get it as tight as you can and 4200 or 5200 the shit out of it to fill the gaps.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, dicking around with it, and reading threads around here, all of that shows there's no way to put a nut on the inside of the anchor Locker the way it is shaped.

I just haven't seen anyone use a drain fitting long enough to extend in there like @Yambers shows.

Very disheartening, but not unexpected to see such a thing from Yamaha. It would have been better not to even have that rather than to put a hole in the side of the boat that allows water in

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@drewkaree I used this one for my 2020 242S.

Worked like a charm. Old plastic plug came out with some careful prying, and the new one slid right in. Tighten best you can and seal the rest. Should be good to go. Way easier than I planned. I did take my anchor, chain and rope out and laid them to the side.

ilangtry

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I cut a ton of holes in the boat. Nearly hit a few wires. added another amp. Then went for a DAMN cold friday night boat, only for the restaurant to have a 2 hour wait, so we cruised back to the landing and went home.

1. Installed my @Mainah start/stop buttons i bought a long damn time ago.
  2. Added M400 amp to the M600 and M200 already in place.
  3. installed amp volume controls for each amp so that I now have zones. (towers/rear deck are one amp, sub is one, interior of the boat is another).
  4. Added captain speakers, added swim deck speakers, replaced my failed M770 tower speaker.
I need to change oil and do spark plugs next. Then figure out why I cant achieve more than 44 mph with the boat empty or full. View attachment 147650View attachment 147652View attachment 147651View attachment 147649View attachment 147648View attachment 147647View attachment 147646View attachment 147645View attachment 147644View attachment 147643
I like where you put the start/ stop buttons. I used the same location when I installed 2 years ago.

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Looked at pictures of it....I work nights and weekends so I haven’t been able to use it. Retiring May 30th, and then it’s on....

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
So my anchor locker is awesome, and the drain is too. It's actually at the start of the keel so to speak, any water that enters follows the keel to the bowels of the hull, and continues to the bilge where the drain and bilge pump float is. But with our silty clay lake bottoms, I'm always cleaning off the anchor best I can by splashing it around the waters' surface. What ever is left on the anchor usually dries and falls off and heads right for the drain. So I added metal screening to the bottom with Gorilla sealing tape. All scrap bits I had on hand, and can be removed if need be. Also 2 layers of masticated rubber were added to prevent the anchor from causing damage when it bangs around.

IMG_7035.JPG

IMG_7175.JPG

IMG_7176.JPG

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length