• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That’s great service. It’s like “Jiffy Lube” for boats.

I took the FSH 190 to the dealer (I am still under warranty - got a free additional 3yrs from Yamaha when I bought it) for the Annual Service (oil/filter, spark plugs, read the computer, grease things like the steering cables and etc.). I dropped it at 8:50 am, and it was ready around 11 am. I picked it up at 11:45, and it was back in its rack by 1 pm. I had it loaded on the trailer the prior afternoon...

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally got some time to install my Cobra Jets and spare tire yesterday. Wifey and I are taking it out tomorrow for a test run to see how much of a difference they make. I learned how to handle the short comings these boats have at slow speed last season, my main goal with them is to assist my wife a little more during docking and loading.

Just purchased a 2018 Chevy Traverse AWD Premium with towing a few weeks back, so we’re going to put it through it’s paces and see how she does. Not our primary tow vehicle, but a nice backup if my truck isn’t available.

Also, changed the oil and loaded her up for the season with the help of my girls

View attachment 147355

View attachment 147358

View attachment 147357
How do you like the Traverse so far? We bought a 2018 new and unfortunately have had a few issues with it, 3k miles the transmission started slipping and chattering, dealer did a fluid flush now at 10k it’s doing it again and the dash displays it’s not in park when you try to shut it off.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Pulled the boat out of storage today to get her ready for summer. Got rid of the other stoltz roller that didn't fit for crap. I like this one better. I went with RP444 and RP325 for the ends. The 444 is definitely a little tight. If I don't like how tight it is I'll trim it down to fit. Also installed the shorelandr LED lights. After seeing people complain of them not working I was concerned. Mine worked perfectly fine out of the box. Whew! Also changed the oil. This oil only had 33 hours on it, but it's cheap insurance and I like working on this thing anyways. Part of me likes working on it more than using it. It's weird, I know. View attachment 147084View attachment 147085View attachment 147086View attachment 147087View attachment 147088View attachment 147089
I ordered an RP-446 because its for a semi-V, and was going to cut it down. It’s listed as 4” but when I got it, it was exactly 3 5/8”, which is exactly the width I need, so I won’t need to cut it down. These bow rollers are a PIA. I also had ordered 2 additional RP-446 from Drewcraft, they offer these custom cut to 3.5”
I also have the RP-325 ends, but may opt for the smaller 4.25” bells, which are an inch smaller than the Ult-4 5” bells.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took the battery charger off the batteries and talked to her a few minutes. She misses the water. I need to grease a few things around the jet nozzles when I have some help and she's ready for some fun on the water. I covered her back up for another good nap. It's gonna be cold tonight.

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
How do you like the Traverse so far? We bought a 2018 new and unfortunately have had a few issues with it, 3k miles the transmission started slipping and chattering, dealer did a fluid flush now at 10k it’s doing it again and the dash displays it’s not in park when you try to shut it off.
I don’t drive it all that much, but my wife loves it. No issues so far. We bought it used with 30k, and have only put about 3k on it. No issues so far. We had a 2013 Ford Edge Limited AWD before this and it treated us very well for 7 years, so I’m hoping we get the same treatment from a GM product. I’ve heard the Traverse is hit or miss with issues, but we needed a 3rd row with our 3rd kid on the way. This was the most bang for our buck.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got started both engines for the first time since last October. This may not sound like a big deal but it was in that the day before neither engine would start. I think it was a combination of low voltage (the on boated charger hasn’t been plug in for a while now) and forgetting to plug the safety lanyard in (mostly the latter).

I also got a quote from the post office for how much it will cost to ship my bimini, boot and extension to the east coast (getting a new bimini made and the boot repaired), $57 if I ship it/can fit it into their 12”x12”x10” box, $117 if I use their 17”x17”x12” box.I bought the smaller box but may be going back for the big one.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it was a combination of low voltage (the on boated charger hasn’t been plug in for a while now) and forgetting to plug the safety lanyard in (mostly the latter).
I have felt this frustration myself. Now, I can look back on it and laugh at myself. It's easier that way, drowns out the others laughing at me as well! 🤣

I also got a quote from the post office for how much it will cost to ship my bimini, boot and extension to the east coast (getting a new bimini made and the boot repaired), $57 if I ship it/can fit it into their 12”x12”x10” box, $117 if I use their 17”x17”x12” box.I bought the smaller box but may be going back for the big one.
@Ronnie if you get it into the 12x12x10 box, I am submitting my request NOW for pics of that! I think that'll be one awesome packing job if you're able to fit a 24' bimini and cover into a box that size!

Saving $60 by doing so, I can say I see why you'd be motivated to do so!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
if you get it into the 12x12x10 box, I am submitting my request NOW for pics of that! I think that'll be one awesome packing job if you're able to fit a 24' bimini and cover into a box that size!

Saving $60 by doing so, I can say I see why you'd be motivated to do so!
I was able to get all three parts into the smaller box once refolded and compressed everything there was some room to spare. The total cost to ship everything was about $80 including $5 for the box and$15.50 for $1k in insurance coverage. If the new Bimini and other parts are shipped back to me in the same box return shipping should be about $60 w/o insurance. The bimini and repairs to the boot should be around $700.

This burns so much more because I paid about $500 for the Bimini two years ago and I could have avoided all of this rework if I just took a few minutes to detach it from the tower when one of the zippers on the boot failed. Instead I just used bungee corded it all to the wake tower before getting on the freeway for a 120 mile trip home. Really supports the saying, “experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want”.

DFED5D6B-5E60-4693-B72D-868C567C01D0.jpeg11247530-5527-4395-9BD3-C4301032B434.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 147598

This is the only pic of the upgrades I took and obviously prior to the cone going on. i guess you'll have to meet me on the water to find out for sure if the rest happened or not....
It's a deal!

The old one looks pretty good, was there any damage to it, or was this an upgrade you've been considering?

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
interesting. ill have to get better pictures to compare. mine definitely has more of a "sanded" effect as it graduates toward the sides and end. how did you repair?
Fairing epoxy for fill the deeper chips/gouges. De-waxed bottom of hull, sanded, cleaned with acetone, 2 coats epoxy barrier coat, 2 coats bottom paint...I'm wet slipped in brackish water.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cut a ton of holes in the boat. Nearly hit a few wires. added another amp. Then went for a DAMN cold friday night boat, only for the restaurant to have a 2 hour wait, so we cruised back to the landing and went home.

1. Installed my @Mainah start/stop buttons i bought a long damn time ago.
  2. Added M400 amp to the M600 and M200 already in place.
  3. installed amp volume controls for each amp so that I now have zones. (towers/rear deck are one amp, sub is one, interior of the boat is another).
  4. Added captain speakers, added swim deck speakers, replaced my failed M770 tower speaker.
I need to change oil and do spark plugs next. Then figure out why I cant achieve more than 44 mph with the boat empty or full. IMG_0812.jpgIMG_0817.jpgIMG_0815.jpgIMG_0804.jpgIMG_0802.jpgIMG_0734.jpgIMG_0733.jpgIMG_0732.jpgIMG_0730.jpgIMG_0729.jpg

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Well it hasn't happened overnight but over the last month with the help of a buddy:

Taught my son how to change the oil, filters and spark plugs. Also taught him a lesson on how its impossible to not get anti-seize everywhere LOL
Washed, waxed and put 303 Graphene on everything.
Cleaned cushions and sprayed them down with 303 protectant.
Went to clean Bimini and Mooring cover but the water beaded off so well I decided to just leave it be and not spray it down. That 303 Fabric Guard is the best!!!!

Added Monster Surfboard and Wakeboard rack with swivel
Installed Gatlin Universal Wake Wedge
Bought a Transom 750lb FatSac with Tsunami pump (from Gatlin also)
Got our 2020 Slingshot Coaster Surfboard in the mail from Transom Watersports who were awesome to work with!

Did a complete Stereo refresh:
Replaced the old Clarion CDM8 head unit and replaced it with a Fusion MS-670 and LOVE it.
replaced the wired Clarion remote with the Fusion ERX400 wired remote.
replaced all 6 OEM speakers and added 2 more to the cockpit area with Polk MM-652's. They sound really good!
Added the Wet sounds 500W self contained/powered AS-10 subwoofer. I was pretty happy with the 8 speakers but the sub makes me "feel funny in my pants" (Forest Gump Accent). Surprised at how much it adds back into the sound.
Added a Wet Sounds HTX-6 amp to power the speakers.
Replaced all the tower and cockpit courtesy lights with Blue LED lights and it looks awesome at night.
Added a fixed Sirius XM antenna that my sister bought me 4yrs ago ( :oops:)
Added a second House battery to power the new stereo
Added a NOCO Gen5 3 bank on board charger. Still need to figure out where to mount it but that's an easy project when I decide to do it.

Crap... It's been a busy month and I went a bit overboard for my 50th Bday... Boxes kept showing up and my Awesome wife just kept saying "Happy Birthday". I'm sure she kept track and in July when its her Bday it will be her turn LOL

Droppin in it the water Wednesday for a shake down run and then that weekend friends and family and kids for the first of the season tubing, surfing and chillin...Cant wait.

Sorry pix are not great

IMG_0292.JPGIMG_0293.JPGIMG_0379.JPGIMG_0378.JPG7MDwrASvQ9icOGt35QTKwg.jpgUHtaEyiDTp2p7qhQ6VRjlQ.jpgejY0xZi4S7KT4EpRa9DBZA.jpgyiYtJN0nTUesRvNqWveXKg.jpgIMG_0315.JPGfullsizeoutput_44b1.jpegxSvGdaRJQ0m2lCrRgfSIJQ.jpgYplQdOhORAqXw6G8%TFPfw.jpgk0M5J4WFSIutg0D0LGQiTQ.jpgp+UntKWGTqO6bTagy9kFCQ.jpgoWD%qrtpRESiZZyIqOlXYw.jpg

Attachments