• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
067760CF-A55A-4136-985C-421554B5D870.jpeg0894C7F6-0FF4-4787-9F71-D3F9EC60BAD3.jpeg
Put our new/old registration numbers on this morning. When I bought this boat in 2018 it was registered in Michigan but still had Fl. numbers on it. Took the numbers off when it was registered in Ct. now it is registered in Fl. again and they assigned the same numbers. The old numbers really looked like crap.

Bayouwater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My guess is that the bunks on either the trailer or lift weren't spaced properly, and the keel was scraping on some metal every time it was launched/landed.
definitely not the trailer, bunks aren't even close. but maybe a lift? I don't think it was metal contact, surface is extremely smooth. no pits or gouging.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure if this counts but I found this today. Just picked up the boat from po last month and didn’t notice it from inspection. It’s all the way toward the rear of the keel. Boat is a 2017 242 lse. Any guesses on how it happened?
Very difficult to tell with those pics, better lighting, and perhaps some additional pics from a touch further away (not so tight to the area, to get an idea of the whole situation) can help.

To my eye, it looks like an issue from beaching/grounding. Not sure exactly how, but that looks to be "rubbed raw". It wasn't a direct hit of something, as there's no gouging, and it seems like someone took some sandpaper to the area, which is why I came to the conclusion I did. I could be wrong, mebbe someone with more knowledge and better info/pics will help us help you.

Bayouwater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Very difficult to tell with those pics, better lighting, and perhaps some additional pics from a touch further away (not so tight to the area, to get an idea of the whole situation) can help.

To my eye, it looks like an issue from beaching/grounding. Not sure exactly how, but that looks to be "rubbed raw". It wasn't a direct hit of something, as there's no gouging, and it seems like someone took some sandpaper to the area, which is why I came to the conclusion I did. I could be wrong, mebbe someone with more knowledge and better info/pics will help us help you.
Ill get some better pictures and start a different thread so as to not take away from the intent of this one.

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure if this counts but I found this today. Just picked up the boat from po last month and didn’t notice it from inspection. It’s all the way toward the rear of the keel. Boat is a 2017 242 lse. Any guesses on how it happened?
Well, yeah, that's what happens when you pull the boat up on a rocky beach and let it sit all day. I have not seen it back that far, but that's what it looks like to me. Keel guard is your friend.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New Scupper

16185318554432442467210740134556.jpg
20210415_201740.jpg

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking forward to seeing the trolling motor...What is the reach on the prop once its installed?
Not there yet, working on transducer and Garmin mount next, then trolling motor and the battery bank.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Link? Size? All other info on that. Was looking to do this same thing, wanted to do it when I did the cleanout hatch, but since I couldn't get to it last fall, I was simply going to remove it this upcoming weekend for measurements. I'm betting yours is the same size, but having a head start would really be helpful.

Any idea on the hose that attaches to that as well? I have some hose sitting in the back of the car, hoping it fits. If not, I'm going with a smooth interior hose for this so it drains a lot better.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@suke No, didn't need to remove the pump. Pop the access hatch and unscrew the larger access hatch and it is right there. Easiest mod so far. Well I got 4200 over everything as usual. Used 4200 UV Fast Cure White. Took me longer to clean up the 4200 than to actually install the Scupper!

@drewkaree
Amazon.com : Attwood 66553-3 Boat Self-Bailing Cockpit Barbed Stainless Steel 1 ½-Inch Scupper Valve, One size : Boating Control Cables : Sports & Outdoors

On amazon looks like you can have it Delivered on Sunday, just in time to put it in. Took me less than an hour. Getting off the old Silicone I used a fiber wheel and then acetone which half the time.

I reused the same hose and ran some silicon sealant on it where the clamp holds it as well.

Last edited:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Pulled the boat out of storage today to get her ready for summer. Got rid of the other stoltz roller that didn't fit for crap. I like this one better. I went with RP444 and RP325 for the ends. The 444 is definitely a little tight. If I don't like how tight it is I'll trim it down to fit. Also installed the shorelandr LED lights. After seeing people complain of them not working I was concerned. Mine worked perfectly fine out of the box. Whew! Also changed the oil. This oil only had 33 hours on it, but it's cheap insurance and I like working on this thing anyways. Part of me likes working on it more than using it. It's weird, I know. 20210416_164418.jpg20210416_164411.jpg20210416_160220.jpg20210416_154927.jpg20210416_154110.jpg20210416_154106.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pulled the boat out of storage today to get her ready for summer. Got rid of the other stoltz roller that didn't fit for crap. I like this one better. I went with RP444 and RP325 for the ends. The 444 is definitely a little tight. If I don't like how tight it is I'll trim it down to fit.
What was the other roller that you had? From the looks of it, my 446 would work for yours, but I don't know how it would fit between the ears of the winch post

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What was the other roller that you had? From the looks of it, my 446 would work for yours, but I don't know how it would fit between the ears of the winch post
I had the 3.5" ultimate roller. 446 and 444 are nearly the same. The 446 has less of a V than the 444. Otherwise they're the same dimensions.

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
definitely not the trailer, bunks aren't even close. but maybe a lift? I don't think it was metal contact, surface is extremely smooth. no pits or gouging.
Not the best picture...but the damage to the keel here was caused by scraping against the metal beam. It's perfectly smooth and flat.
IMG_1845.jpeg

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Pulled the boat out of storage today to get her ready for summer. Got rid of the other stoltz roller that didn't fit for crap. I like this one better. I went with RP444 and RP325 for the ends. The 444 is definitely a little tight. If I don't like how tight it is I'll trim it down to fit. Also installed the shorelandr LED lights. After seeing people complain of them not working I was concerned. Mine worked perfectly fine out of the box. Whew! Also changed the oil. This oil only had 33 hours on it, but it's cheap insurance and I like working on this thing anyways. Part of me likes working on it more than using it. It's weird, I know. View attachment 147084View attachment 147085View attachment 147086View attachment 147087View attachment 147088View attachment 147089
Looks great! I'm the same way..I'm in the boat working on it more than out on the water. The neighbors get exhausted just watching me...going in and out. I really throw them off when I'm waxing the bottom. I have the same oil extractor, without the compressed air option. Hows that work? Also plastic covering is good idea..I lay down blankets and towels all over when I'm working..I cringe when I see tools or oil directly on SeaDek or carpets...:eek:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not the best picture...but the damage to the keel here was caused by scraping against the metal beam. It's perfectly smooth and flat.
View attachment 147092
That looks like it’s from beaching. Maybe the leading damage is from the metal but the longer rearmost damage is too smooth to be from metal.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks great! I'm the same way..I'm in the boat working on it more than out on the water. The neighbors get exhausted just watching me...going in and out. I really throw them off when I'm waxing the bottom. I have the same oil extractor, without the compressed air option. Hows that work? Also plastic covering is good idea..I lay down blankets and towels all over when I'm working..I cringe when I see tools or oil directly on SeaDek or carpets...:eek:
I buy that plastic sheeting in bulk for doing details. LOL! So I always have a bunch on hand. I also lay it down on the swim platform and tape it as I go in and out of the boat alot. I still take off my shoes. I love the compressor option. Hook it up, turn the valve and let it do its thing. I also use a bucket, and puppy pee pads underneath the oil filter. To make sure there's no chance I spill the oil in the bucket I also suck that out with the extractor. Take the puppy pee pad and wipe the bucket clean inside, and on to the next motor.