• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I spent the day inspecting the wiring and hose routing in the engine compartment. Here is a few examples of the issues I found and corrected. There are many more to be addressed. I work on Hybrid/Diesel articulate buses and everything must be isolated. So I have started the process on my engine bay. Just a slight vibration can cause the corrugated split loom to become a saw. So check your hoses. Here are some before and after pics.

Attachments

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got rid of the the cracking peeling decals and the glue residue. Scratched the crap out of the gelcoat in the process.. so good excuse for a new tool. Got a buffer and went to town. What a difference. Installed the water activated bilge switch finally, and the boat plug lights titan 2, moved the batteries around for better space. Now I'm thinking bus bars are in order. Pulled the jets this week too. New impellers on the way.

Attachments

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FINALLY swapped my jack to the other side of the trailer! I originally thought it would be better on the starboard side, since the tongue was set up to fold to port. Like an idiot, I never considered that I'd be constantly hopping over the trailer to crank the jack, or reaching around awkwardly to do this. If I really want to, I can swap the bolt and pin on the trailer tongue if I still want it to fold away from the jack. Seems fine for me, and I'm satisfied (for now), but here's a pic for opinion gathering from others.

Old:
IMG_20210412_133839346_HDR.jpg

New:

IMG_20210412_142446771_HDR.jpg

Next weekend, I gotta remember to bring the grease gun for the jack. I also hate how anodized stuff starts to look chalky after such a short time.

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Today I installed a thrust vector from @JetBoatPilot. While the Vortex handles pretty well at low speeds, I'm anxious to see the difference the thrust vector makes...I'll know this afternoon.

I have also been working on a homemade extended sunshade. Here's what I came up with:
20210413_124806.jpg

I can install it off the back, or the front. I might just get more materials and make a second one for spending all day in a cove. I'll make another thread or add onto another "sunshade" thread if there's one on here with the materials list. It was pretty simple and really inexpensive (well under $100). Edit: If you have to buy everything you need, my total was $105.45 plus TN sales tax.

Here's the write up thread:

Last edited:

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I opened more boxes from Amazon, boat needs to come in soon.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today I installed a thrust vector from @JetBoatPilot. While the Vortex handles pretty well at low speeds, I'm anxious to see the difference the thrust vector makes...I'll know this afternoon.

I have also been working on a homemade extended sunshade. Here's what I came up with:
View attachment 146783

I can install it off the back, or the front. I might just get more materials and make a second one for spending all day in a cove. I'll make another thread or add onto another "sunshade" thread if there's one on here with the materials list. It was pretty simple and really inexpensive (well under $100).
That's one of the clearer "up close" shots I've seen of a DIY shade, looks VERY nice, darn near "bought it from a store" quality! I'm certain many here would be interested for the upcoming season, and would appreciate the info. I'd say keep yours separate, start a thread, and fill it with pics for the slack-jawed yokels among us! *raises his hand to admit it*

Is your thread up yet? How about now? When will it be done? ;)

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally peeled my graphics off, I have a new set of OEM graphics in the garage....not sure I want to put them on now🤔
I need to do some gel coat restoring, it’s a little oxidized.9312E30C-544C-4BA0-9A5F-476AB24198DF.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've read some tests online, and I've heard for every square inch of red that's covered up, you lose 2mph, and fuel consumption is worse. Maybe best to wait a bit, see if you like the speed and fuel benefits of a sharp, clean boat! :winkingthumbsup"

I think it was @zipper who had some info on exactly what you'll need to make it look even better than it already does!

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That's one of the clearer "up close" shots I've seen of a DIY shade, looks VERY nice, darn near "bought it from a store" quality! I'm certain many here would be interested for the upcoming season, and would appreciate the info. I'd say keep yours separate, start a thread, and fill it with pics for the slack-jawed yokels among us! *raises his hand to admit it*

You'll have to give me a couple days :) It's almost perfect; I think it would work for most everyone with minor adjustments. I will post a thread soon with pictures of everything, links, and prices.

Bayouwater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Not sure if this counts but I found this today. Just picked up the boat from po last month and didn’t notice it from inspection. It’s all the way toward the rear of the keel. Boat is a 2017 242 lse. Any guesses on how it happened?

Attachments

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I installed a FELL Marine MOB hub/system. It fit perfectly in the Ritchie Compass hole, and that was fine as the compass had failed again (2nd compass leaked fluid like the first). I will not have to worry about getting a ticket under the new lanyard law - it is easy to forget and especially to re-connect during periods of driving and moving around the boat (towing and retrieving tubers and tow lines).

The FELL system was easy to install, and it works as advertised. I bought the neck lanyard to hold the FOB. Another nice feature is that you can mechanically deactivate the system (remove the main cable and cap with by-pass plug); I will deactivate it before the boat goes to the dealer for annual service next week.

I still have to mount the replacement compass. It is a larger unit on a bracket, and I will put it on the open space on the JBP console organizer.

Look at those beautiful analog gauges - no Connext screen. :winkingthumbsup"

Fell Marine Install.jpg

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

View attachment 146783

I can install it off the back, or the front. I might just get more materials and make a second one for spending all day in a cove. I'll make another thread or add onto another "sunshade" thread if there's one on here with the materials list. It was pretty simple and really inexpensive (well under $100). Edit: If you have to buy everything you need, my total was $105.45 plus TN sales tax.
Shade extension looks great. Where are the poles sitting...cupholders? I'm very interested in seeing your materials list for this.

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Shade extension looks great. Where are the poles sitting...cupholders? I'm very interested in seeing your materials list for this.
Originally I was going to make a small clamp to secure the poles to the front handrails. I actually just ended up putting rubber feet on the end of the poles. With a little tension from the canopy and the straps, they don't move at all.

I know all these boats are a bit different, so having a cleat to strap them to for tension might work better for some and others might need to improvise.

My boat is in dry dock and it's gonna be rainy the next couple of days so it will take me a few to get detailed pics for you guys. I'll start a thread later this week though with the whole materials list, detailed pics, etc.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Agreed, waiting patiently for details. :)

Can I post in this thread if I have other people doing things to my boat for me? :D

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Today I took my baby out to check my new Thrust Vectors. Wow, big difference. As luck would have it, the wind came up in the afternoon which made approaching the dock more difficult. The TV's really make a difference, and gave me confidence. I just lined up and let the wind take me to the dock. The last time out my stern fender just floated up out of the way, so I added a horizontal bumper to the stern. Worked perfectly.

Attachments

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure if this counts but I found this today. Just picked up the boat from po last month and didn’t notice it from inspection. It’s all the way toward the rear of the keel. Boat is a 2017 242 lse. Any guesses on how it happened?
My guess is that the bunks on either the trailer or lift weren't spaced properly, and the keel was scraping on some metal every time it was launched/landed.