• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What portable battery charger do you recommend?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My old, rarely used, Schumacher battery charger has died. I need to replace it. Ideally with something that supports desulfation. Battery testing would be even better. I am curious what others are using.

Currently the 3.5 amp Noco Genius G3500 is the leading candidate.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can’t go wrong with NOCO. As for all the others its a toss up.

Lake_Spray

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a slightly older version of the same NOCO. I normally store it in my basement for the winter and periodically recharge it but accidentally left it on a shelf in the garage this winter. Even after 5 months of deep Wisconsin freeze/thaw cycles, when I plugged it in this spring it was healthy and had lost maybe 5% of its charge. Really amazing. Not saying other products are bad, because I don't know, but this one's definitely earned my trust.

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I sold my boat on Wednesday after 8 years of owning it. I purchased brand new batteries when i purchased the boat. I had them both tested on Sunday to be safe prior to making the years final voyage. After 8 years, the batteries both tested good. I use the Pulse Tech charger and trickle charger during the winter and when not in use. I must say, an 8 year old battery testing Good, the charger speaks for itself.

https://www.pulsetech.net/store/12v-24v-battery-chargers/12v-maintenance-chargers.html

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@addisonm06 LOL Here goes a shout out My Pulse Tech started showing signs of not working. Testing a new battery as dead, and on reversing the same thing on my second battery, which is also good. I figure crap, it lasted for several years, time for a new one. I actually had an undated receipt from Walmart, where I purchased it on line. Says 5 year warranty on the box. I know I have had this thing for at least 5 years, if not longer. I called the company to troubleshoot. No luck. "We don't honor warranties when purchased from an unauthorized retailer." LOL you mean Wally World is not an authorized dealer? In seconds, they gave me an RMA number to ship it to them to fix or replace. No questions asked, and didn't ask for the receipt which I probably have somewhere, albeit more than 5 years old. The point of this post? I'd buy from these guys!

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@addisonm06 LOL Here goes a shout out My Pulse Tech started showing signs of not working. Testing a new battery as dead, and on reversing the same thing on my second battery, which is also good. I figure crap, it lasted for several years, time for a new one. I actually had an undated receipt from Walmart, where I purchased it on line. Says 5 year warranty on the box. I know I have had this thing for at least 5 years, if not longer. I called the company to troubleshoot. No luck. "We don't honor warranties when purchased from an unauthorized retailer." LOL you mean Wally World is not an authorized dealer? In seconds, they gave me an RMA number to ship it to them to fix or replace. No questions asked, and didn't ask for the receipt which I probably have somewhere, albeit more than 5 years old. The point of this post? I'd buy from these guys!
It’s rare to find service like that anymore these days! Hopefully you get a bonus new model!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just purchased an Audew jump starter
I found several independent youtube videos comparing it to the Noco and others and it's performance was superior.