• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What thing do other boaters do that annoy you?

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Our squirrels stay in the yard, but we do have a mink that runs the boat house.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok, how about this... On a day when the lake is fairly busy I found a medium sized cove with no houses on it to get my kids on the tube and zup board for the first time. There was 1 boat sitting smack dab in the middle of the cove not fishing or anything, just sitting there and hanging out on the swim deck and in the water holding on to the back of their boat... I proceed to essentially do big circles/rectangles around the cove and eventually they leave... Does that make me the dick in that situation, or them for sitting in the middle of the cove?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, how about this... On a day when the lake is fairly busy I found a medium sized cove with no houses on it to get my kids on the tube and zup board for the first time. There was 1 boat sitting smack dab in the middle of the cove not fishing or anything, just sitting there and hanging out on the swim deck and in the water holding on to the back of their boat... I proceed to essentially do big circles/rectangles around the cove and eventually they leave... Does that make me the dick in that situation, or them for sitting in the middle of the cove?
Yes and yes.... lol. Kidding... its unreasonable to think you can have an entire cove to yourself. Although I am sure they liked it better when they were the only ones there.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Depends on how big the cove was, if you had plenty of distance, then no biggie. If they leave, they leave, if the don't, they don't.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm not going to comment on dock fishing, but you need to google zipper merge and find out how you are actually supposed to merge. Early mergers need a slap upside the head.
But when you’re in Maine remember we have yield signs on all the on ramps. Don’t Think I need to move out of your way. I’ve got the right of way. Damn tourists.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Depends on how big the cove was, if you had plenty of distance, then no biggie. If they leave, they leave, if the don't, they don't.
Big enough that I never got closer than 50 yards (maybe 75 yds) to them and I never got the boat over 15mph either.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My few issues

1. Don't litter. No reason trash should enter the water. Since living on the lake this has bothered me more.

2. When the lake has known party coves and sandbars. Don’t find the few boats anchored all by themselves with young children and illustrate how to pole dance while dropping an F bomb in every sentence. I enjoy party cove just as the rest, but not with my 7 year old daughter.

3. On busy days and holidays don’t pull your young kids on a tube in the middle of the lake as 3 boats drive behind you. Always worries me when I see that happen.

4. Don’t be the guy yelling off your dock telling people to slow down every time they pass your house located directly in the middle of the main channel. You live on the lake, wakes are constantly hitting your walls. Relax

Just be courteous of others and typically will never have issues. Boat ramp, wake surfing, music, etc.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For @robert843 it should make for good fodder for one of his videos which is what I think this thread was aimed at.
Lol yes sir so here is the preliminary version I don't think I like it though I may have to go back and redo it let me know your honest thoughts @Mainah as I have not publicly posted it yet.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not bad but not up to your usual level. Hard to put a finger on but perhaps rushed? We all have our filler words and you are better than most so don’t take the “guys” thing from a keyboard jockey too hard. Youtube narrartion does not have to be toast masters. Just the same not bad to get feedback and you met it head on. Kudos.

PM sent. Keep them coming.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not bad but not up to your usual level. Hard to put a finger on but perhaps rushed? We all have our filler words and you are better than most so don’t take the “guys” thing from a keyboard jockey too hard. Youtube narrartion does not have to be toast masters. Just the same not bad to get feedback and you met it head on. Kudos.

PM sent. Keep them coming.
Thanks man the wife said something similar she said I was talking slower then normal and really did not have the comedic relief I normally add to the video. She straight up said she did not like it and it was all over the place and hard to keep up with for her and felt like the video was forced. I posted it but if it starts going side ways I will pull it. I intentionally did some things different to see if they would add to the video but it sounds like it did not so back to the fast talking 100 shot taking people playing the word guy game next week.

addfw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don’t follow me or cross wake when pulling a skier or tube!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843 when yall driving down to florida? Leaving early Saturday morning for crossing?

JWExperience

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t get upset often on the water(bad day on the water is better than a good day at work type thing) but today it was a guy driving a 242x actually! I was tied up with three other boats in a bay that is usually packed with boats and it started with 242x guy blaring crappy profanity laced rap with tons of kids around. Don’t get me wrong, I like rap but some of this new stuff is just bad. Anyways, he then proceeds to tow a wakeboarder across our bows for about 30-45 minutes causing the boats to rock and bounce off each other. Loser lap after loser lap....worst part, the wake boarder wasn’t even good and seemed like he struggled to stay up at all.
I took my daughters for some jet ski rides on my buddies ski and drove away from the floatilla so I wouldn’t rock the boats, simple courtesy.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 when yall driving down to florida? Leaving early Saturday morning for crossing?
Plan right now is to leave for Florida around 5am Thursday morning we plan to launch Friday and cross to Nassau on Saturday morning and continue down to Staniel Cay Exuma on Sunday. Of course the weather gods are not being nice right now and we may have to move up one day to a Friday departure to Nassau. I will post a tracking link on here maybe I will start a new thread with the info.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don’t really consider PWC boaters but since they share the same license test going to include them...

PWC guys that take up valuable space at the dock or marina. Those big ass slips aren't for their little mosquito crotch rockets or lazy-boy cruiser. They are for big boy toys aka real boats. Really pisses me off when I see a PWC using only a single dock line and then let's their PWC drift all over and into the slip sometimes taking up two slips because the PWC just spins around like the owner doesn't give a shit. Sometimes I'd really like to cut the line and let those things drift out of the marina lol. They ride them all day getting wet and splashing around jumping boats wakes like an annoying gnat the least they could do is use a small mushroom anchor or beach it to stay out of the docks!

Another that annoys me is bass fisherman. They got to have a 300 motor just so they can fly around blind corners at 70+mph to get to the spot. Then no fish bite and off they go 70+mph to the next spot to cast a line or two. I almost collided with one last year coming around a bend.

Last edited:

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Plan right now is to leave for Florida around 5am Thursday morning we plan to launch Friday and cross to Nassau on Saturday morning and continue down to Staniel Cay Exuma on Sunday. Of course the weather gods are not being nice right now and we may have to move up one day to a Friday departure to Nassau. I will post a tracking link on here maybe I will start a new thread with the info.
Have good trip. We are driving to Jax Thursday crashing at my sisters house then down to homestead Friday then launch Saturday morning and off to the keys.

Wasnt sure if would bump into yall driving down