• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What'd you pay for your Scarab?

Janguh Lang

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well I whent ahead and did the damn thang.. ! And I'm OhFishally a Captain among Men who prouldly place their grip behind the Jets of a SCARAB . I want to give a special thanks for the priceless advice from yall. The Yamaha was special indeed but It was my lack of faith in the dealers ability and fortitude of the 'service department having my back' Plus the 215HOI was a crowd favorite and the thing just did what I needed it to do! Lack of a rudder was a let down at first BUT Im seeing that their are a couple of Folk that produce an aftermarket variety. I will have to research diligently to see what 'Mods' are the best short of opening a can of campbells clamchowder to 'soup it up! OTD 49,9k All the aforementioned options and thanks to @ScarabMike , a trailer cover and full tank of gas , well at least it was full before the extenddded sea trial! Any word on increased acceleration/top speed once the 'governa or rotax computer breaks in the engine and allows me full RPM... ? Wow, I suppose I just asked so much that js likely to have been covered In a whole roll full of threads. Pics Soon To Come!!! ¡Muy Muchas Gracias Amigos!

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Picked up a left over 2015 scarab 215HO this past July for 49k. Thought it was a good deal. Local Yamaha dealer wanted 75k for a 212 and 52k for an ar192 (crazy canadian prices).

Janguh Lang

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
C a! N a! D a! Welcome aboard!

Last edited:

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey ScarabPaul. I'm west of Toronto.

What dealer did you use ? I was looking at a 2014 but wary of issues related to first model year. I don't know of many Scarab dealers around here for support if there were any issues.
Hi Canada Scarab, where in the west end are you? I purchased at St. Onge in Barrie. they are a Scarab dealer and from what I can see they sell A LOT of them. weird thing is that they are not listed on Scarabs website. Quinns Marine in Pefferlaw is also a dealer. St. Onge is very well versed in Seadoo products, they know these engines very well. once the warranty is up there is a small mechanic in Vaughan (Ryan from Jet X) that I went to in the past who also knows how to work on Seadoo products. we have a couple options.......

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm in Mississauga.
I am aware of Ryan as I have a Seadoo but as far as warranty issues it's a pain to haul it so fa, but its good to hear that St Onge is familiar with them. I had heard that some dealers were selling the Scarab's and their service department weren't very familiar with jet boats yet.
There are some dealers around with 2014s left that can be a bit cheaper but maybe not worth the headache of 1st year problems that have been posted.
I hear you. they are very well versed in jet boats. that's literally all they service, I don't believe I have ever seen a boat in the lot that was not a jet. one thing I do know is they tend to get backlogged in the service department but they are open 7 days a week which helps.... when I was looking a few months back Team Vincent (near Cambridge) had a 2015 scarab 215 for sale ( they still do), I called and left a message and no one returned my call so they lost a sale, not too sure if they are a Scarab dealer or not. PM me if I can help in any way so we don't hijack this thread.

PanamaJet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I purchased at St. Onge in Barrie. they are a Scarab dealer and from what I can see they sell A LOT of them. weird thing is that they are not listed on Scarabs website.
They are listed on the Scarab website. That's how I found them, but other dealers in Ontario, NY, and Michigan had better deals when I called around a couple of weeks ago.

BocaScarab

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Closing in the next week:

2016 215 HO (twin 200's)
Wake Tower w/ Bimini top
Gatorhyde Trailer
Padded transom mat
Upgraded sound system w/ tower speakers
Graphics package
Bow/Cockpit cover

MSRP + freight, taxes and registration of $62,662

My out the door price is $49,714 plus MM is making the payments until 2017 ........ What do you think ?

PanamaJet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Closing in the next week:

2016 215 HO (twin 200's)
Wake Tower w/ Bimini top
Gatorhyde Trailer
Padded transom mat
Upgraded sound system w/ tower speakers
Graphics package
Bow/Cockpit cover

MSRP + freight, taxes and registration of $62,662

My out the door price is $49,714 plus MM is making the payments until 2017 ........ What do you think ?
What's your pre-sales-tax and pre-registration price?
These two costs vary from state to state so it's best to have the pre-tax number for good comparison.

gazelnight

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
hello guys,
i m a new member on your wonderful website.
lot of knowledge here...
I live SXM and i m buying a 195 ho impulse 2016 , 8 hours for 25000$ with trailer. sound package and tower kicker and Digital speed package and extinguisher to.
after check, i think i m going to have it for 22000$ cash the day i will test it on the water. next week when my wife will be back from french vacation.
i m french and the boat came from France to last christmas.
used for 8 hours and forgotten in the garden behind the house They have paid 45000 (50000$) euros to have it in SXM. 38000 euros for boat and trailer. the rest is freight.
here, there is no dealer scarab, no dealer seadoo, and no rotax to of course. so no scarab bud.. a suicide. lol.
that s why i m going to propose 22000$. they don t have the contacts i have in this part of boating after 20 years here and no idea about how yo do the 10 hours check... so funny.
i had a RXTX255 stage 1 for 2 years in 2008 (never had trouble in 150h) and i m familiar with those engines.
sorry for my mistakes in english but as i told you, i m french.
for now, i have a lot of work to read the entire scarab forum and learn more about this boat.
that will be fun on our sea. i hope...
do you think it is a good price cause it still fighting in my head..
thank you

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
hello guys,
i m a new member on your wonderful website.
lot of knowledge here...
I live SXM and i m buying a 195 ho impulse 2016 , 8 hours for 25000$ with trailer. sound package and tower kicker and Digital speed package and extinguisher to.
after check, i think i m going to have it for 22000$ cash the day i will test it on the water. next week when my wife will be back from french vacation.
i m french and the boat came from France to last christmas.
used for 8 hours and forgotten in the garden behind the house They have paid 45000 (50000$) euros to have it in SXM. 38000 euros for boat and trailer. the rest is freight.
here, there is no dealer scarab, no dealer seadoo, and no rotax to of course. so no scarab bud.. a suicide. lol.
that s why i m going to propose 22000$. they don t have the contacts i have in this part of boating after 20 years here and no idea about how yo do the 10 hours check... so funny.
i had a RXTX255 stage 1 for 2 years in 2008 (never had trouble in 150h) and i m familiar with those engines.
sorry for my mistakes in english but as i told you, i m french.
for now, i have a lot of work to read the entire scarab forum and learn more about this boat.
that will be fun on our sea. i hope...
do you think it is a good price cause it still fighting in my head..
thank you
Don't do it. Just buy a normal out board motor boat. These things are junk.

gazelnight

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just like you did?
give me the link of your BAAAAD story for i understand your rage cause everything i have found about you is always the same thing... RUN FAST to something else. Boring after the 5th post. looks like a robot answer.
before i run fast, i want to know why...

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My bad... You should definetly buy a scarab. By a 195 Impulse. I will sit here and stock up on Popcorn

gazelnight

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
ok, even at 22000$ for a 2016 with 8hours on it? and options and trailer... and vaseline..
maybe you have just buy a lemon in the first model 2014 and since, you think this company is a complete caise of lemons and take you now for a lemon cause you have bad communication.... i can understand that.
i don t know about Scarab (i know the brand by miami vice like everybody here), but i know THIS rotax engine and i can do my maintenance easy. not sure about the plug system with scarab but on our island, you always have to find a solution for this kind of detail.when i read your threads, it looks like lot of you are just crying after a broken toy. ok, warranty, bla bla bla and lot of months waiting. OR you take your hands out of what you know, you spend a bill, and you have fun again. this is how i do. and you know what? it works this way. did you try? or just cry?
i think you expect to much after this kind of toy made for Quatar and Emirates.
and 3 cylinder , 1500cc , 250hp, allo, that cost a lot of money and love to keep him alive a long time. not sure all of us have understood that before the buy.
i have buy a kymco mongoose ( maxxer us ) 300 for 5000$ 6 months ago. a four wheeler. already 6000 miles and 4 services on it for 600$ in all of service .this is how i take care of my toy. but it is more 10 pour cent of the toy...every 6 month...lol
when i see your 4 wheeler in state, after 2 years, they finally hit 1000 milles, youpi.what is the problem with you guys? do you scare about the service or what?
it is not because you have spend 40000$ it finish here. it never finish but you know that.
i was the only one with a 1990 porsche carrera 4 here. and there is no porsche dealer, no shop to buy any parts for porsche. i have totally rebuilt this car on the island where she was the only lost porsche.she has been totally forgotten for 20 years in a box in a bad shape. nothing is impossible.
now, for me, the boat is a boat, like all, one hull, one engine and some electronic between. the most important thing is not the boat but his owner most of the time... same for a car or a dog to make it easy for you.
in your case, i can encourage you to stay very close of the shore like you say everywhere but with all the pop corn you re going to eat on me, you will float and discover what exist after 200m of the shore. you finally don t need a boat anymore.
i can imagine the movie from here with my pop corn to.

Papabear, i m kidding you ok.
i love fight with words but this will never finish if we continue like this. i m sure you have a good training to with scarab.
so, seriously now, even if 20 things was wrong on your boat, tell me cause you never wrote any threads with your story in this forum. or i can t find it. give me a link please for i can understand your position. for now i have no opinion about your story.

IMG_1034.JPG
IMG_1033.JPG

Last edited:

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Oh I cried plenty.
What I have found is that the motor is an all FADEC controlled engine. It has to communicate perfectly with the instrument cluster, 02 sensors and God only knows what else keeps it from running properly. If you buy it purchase the Seadoo diagnostic computer system the Scarab techs use... It's a Seedoo product. Someone has posted here about it. I have a 2015 impulse 195. My problems have been well documented here as well as others. It's a great looking boat on the trailer. Good luck!

Last edited:

gazelnight

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
ok but i have a candopro under my hands... all i m not sure was about the plug. anyway, they stop the sale at 22000 and i won t pay 25000...
i don t buy it anymore and start think about a more 350hp tuned rxtx. or another jet boat. still not sure.. all i know is i need a new toy.
see you soon guys and thank you for the tips.
i will stay around for a while...

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Candoo Pro is the way to go!!

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
New 2016 Scarab 215 HO Impulse Wake (2x 250 HP)
Original MSRP $82,948
Boat show sales price: $69,999. (5 year engine warranty)
Paid $62,500
Taxes and title: $4800

Total cost: $67,300