• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What'd you pay for your Scarab?

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
That's great !! Sounds like you got a good deal , congrats :thumbsup:

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I'm looking to inquire for a wake or an HO 255 with all the upgrades (or as much as I can). Any good dealerships recommendations for north dallas? Can I also request for a "test drive"?

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm looking to inquire for a wake or an HO 255 with all the upgrades (or as much as I can). Any good dealerships recommendations for north dallas? Can I also request for a "test drive"?
Looks like you have a marine max in your area
1490 N Stemmons FreewayLewisville, TX 75067
Phone:
(972) 436-9979
I'd call and ask if they have a demo for you to test drive . Good luck on your search !

GoodByeHD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@ApelilaRains I purchased a 2014 195 HO from the above mentioned Marine Max in March of this year. My first boat, and they were great to work with. Took it out for a test drive, and then again a week later on the delivery date for a complete once-over of the entire boat.

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Thank you @BMF JK and @GoodByeHD . There's a boat show in Dallas late June I think, we'll kick off our inquiries there. But would definitely like to test drive soon. Thank you all and wish us luck!

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thank you @BMF JK and @GoodByeHD . There's a boat show in Dallas late June I think, we'll kick off our inquiries there. But would definitely like to test drive soon. Thank you all and wish us luck!
Keep us posted , Both boats are super sexy ! Of course once you pull the trigger on one its a forum must to post pics ! Lol good luck

funbobby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
$41,757 before tax for my 2016 195 HO Impulse.
$44,524 OTD.
Seems a little high for being 3 hours from the factory, no?

Chad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
$45,763 before tax for 2016 215 twin 150's (this was in August of 2015 for a 2016 with 15' pricing)
Options: Wake Tower w/bimini, swim platform mat, depth finder, trailering cover, cruise, bow filler cushion, carpet, flip up bolster seat, graphic, and a $300 tube thrown in)

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Papabear what issues you have? Hav t heard much bad about them

take that back been reading about your issues from july to october. may of just ruined the sale for me thanks!
what issues please? This may ruin a sale for me as well

Scarab C-los

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hello. Joined this forum just today. Picked up a 2014 Impulse HOI with 96 hours, trailer incl., remaining factory warranty, for +/- $24k all in a few weeks ago from CL.

Just spent the past couple of hours reading a bunch of threads on this forum, including @ScarabMike 's disappointment with manufacturer bout a year ago, and after my own recent experience, not sure I got such a great deal.

On my 4th day out this past Sun, i got a "Low oil Pressure" warning and loud beep. Shortly thereafter, engine would not rev past idle. 2.5 hour ride back to the marina ...

Currently, been waiting for a WEEK for MarineMax to have a service adviser call me to schedule an apptmnt!!! Emailed Rotax Tues to get a list of other authorized dealers in the area and NO reply yet. May try Riva in Key Largo as i noticed someone on this thread bought same boat there....

Hope to solve the issue b4 summer is over! LOL

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good luck with your boat. Let us know how it goes.

Hello. Joined this forum just today. Picked up a 2014 Impulse HOI with 96 hours, trailer incl., remaining factory warranty, for +/- $24k all in a few weeks ago from CL.

Just spent the past couple of hours reading a bunch of threads on this forum, including @ScarabMike 's disappointment with manufacturer bout a year ago, and after my own recent experience, not sure I got such a great deal.

On my 4th day out this past Sun, i got a "Low oil Pressure" warning and loud beep. Shortly thereafter, engine would not rev past idle. 2.5 hour ride back to the marina ...

Currently, been waiting for a WEEK for MarineMax to have a service adviser call me to schedule an apptmnt!!! Emailed Rotax Tues to get a list of other authorized dealers in the area and NO reply yet. May try Riva in Key Largo as i noticed someone on this thread bought same boat there....

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I feel like I got a good deal. 39,599 after taxes. 2016 195 HOI 250hp SC...

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Just call BRP it was easy for me...I have the number if you like- just PM me

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Ya man I'm sorry to hear of your issue. I've been out of the woods for sine time now. I haven't had any issues in 30 hrs so far.
The biggest thing you will find with Scarab is that these guys move at a slow pace. Nobody cares. It's very disappointing. Start emailing, FB messaging, posting on this forum in order for them to get your boat done. Sucks but Marine Max or Riva can't do anything until Rec Boats say they are gonna pay for it. It sucks! I even asked for a boat cover, or extended warranty...you know seeing as they had my boat the entire summer last year...I got crickets...WHAT A JOKE

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ya man I'm sorry to hear of your issue. I've been out of the woods for sine time now. I haven't had any issues in 30 hrs so far.
The biggest thing you will find with Scarab is that these guys move at a slow pace. Nobody cares. It's very disappointing. Start emailing, FB messaging, posting on this forum in order for them to get your boat done. Sucks but Marine Max or Riva can't do anything until Rec Boats say they are gonna pay for it. It sucks! I even asked for a boat cover, or extended warranty...you know seeing as they had my boat the entire summer last year...I got crickets...WHAT A JOKE
Its so easy getting ahold of Scarab fellas. I Noticed a Cracked Rotor on my right rear trailer last week. Called Mike shephani and he sent me a tracking# moments later. The costumer service is great and speedy. just call them fellas,

Scarab C-los

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Its so easy getting ahold of Scarab fellas. I Noticed a Cracked Rotor on my right rear trailer last week. Called Mike shephani and he sent me a tracking# moments later. The costumer service is great and speedy. just call them fellas,
With some trial and error I got the engine running and no more low oil pressure alert. Basically changed the oil filter, oil, spark plugs, dried a wet oil pressure sensor, and properly fitted a loose air temp sensor. On a negative note, I took the old oil filter to Marine Max and they opened it up and found some particles that look like they are metal. Gonna run for 10 hours and re-check filter. Glad to be up and running but hopefully these metal particles arent anything serious.

Janguh Lang

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hello All , I see I'm a latecommer to this thread . My relation to it is that, on the table for me tomorrow is a $50,700.00 otd deal for a NEW Sacarab 2015 (1 total hrs) 215HOI w/Trailer, twin 200's , WakeTower, Hull cover, Primum sound package. ¿Que Paso? Is this a good deal ? The prestigeous and waterworld renowned @ScarabMike said it was (dont quote me) not a bad deal but that others were (or may have) getting better . Although I did a keyword search of this thread , amidst my smart fonethumbling, Ive found the best price relation to my situation to be 57K purchase circa2015(i beg your prepardon my inaccuracies) . 2 model years later I face the price presented. Any know of similiarly situated fellas or fella'etts in the works of a 'deal' like mine? Best Regard to All. If the words 'pretty good' and 'deal' were used in the same sentance directed toward me, It would ease my prepurchase boat-zyUh-dees. Or ' DON'T DO IT' would suffice toooo. No , no ... my screen name should not have been Luke, Mr Luke, Luke B. Warm a pleasure to meet your acquaintance.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Janguh Lang Too funny!! I see you will soon become a commodity to our community here. Go get on that boat, and ride it like you stole it. Check everything from water in the engine bay to the screws holding down the cushions. Like I said in the other thread, make sure the service department has your back. And do yourself a favor, and check out the AR240 from Yamaha. See if you can drive both. They are very different in handling and steering. Then pull the trigger. Whatever it is that you decide, we hope you will enjoy it, and our forum.

Janguh Lang

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Golly I think I'm going to keel over at the thought of that articulation! of the Yamaha You mentioned and that, instead of sleeping I so faithfully scrambled to research here now going on 3:25 am, mind you on the wake of a 3hr ride out to Lake MI set to commence in ....well soon as I get some sleep if I can . Decisions godblessED decisions . I sure did ask for it, to be blasted with facts. How In thee heck! did you know that I wouldWANT wouldNEED wouldGOTAHAVE the vessel that handels better at all speedz? ugh.. I already have the cashiers check ready to fly off the handle made out to the Scarab dealer and visioned handing it over as long as My boat checks out tip top (One week ago at the same place, I test drove same model 215hoi but diff. color..so not the actual one , And I thought she drove and handled GREAT.. so yea iDid idid fall in love right then. And now im splashed with the mighty fine Koolaid that is the 2015 advancements of Dramaha .. at least thats what its creating for my chest cavity at this very moment) Whew. Although it will come as a let down to my Fam. to return home with no boat in tow, a 50k commitment to me needs to be one that encompases a Mans every frikin need . I know that what ever I do choose , I will have a blast out there on the aqua. I feel like I might have agood negotiating chance at scoring the AR240 for the same .0507 Million ? I will be giving the Lansing MI dealer a call on the way out to the Scare-ub dealer. I may just name a boat Richard, Richard Prior Bundle of Nerves .... dot com

Speed_Freak_039A

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just bought a 165 a month ago. Was a left over from last year. Its specs are:

2015 165 HO Impulse (250HP)
Trailering Cover
Wakeboard Tower
Digital Speed Control Package (Cruise / Ski / Dock/ Eco)
And trailer

$26500 + Tax OTD.

Not sure how I did. Seemed like a decent deal.